Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

If i find white small worms up my bum what does that mean i have ?

Should children be given the choice to keep head lice or not?

Does scratching spread hives?
ive had an allergic reaction to something that i dont even know what it is. but no matter, ive been itchy for 2 days now and the knock off benadryl isnt working. i just just curious if scratching ...

I'm really really itchy help!!?
My skin is really itchy. I dont see a rash. I'm good with keeping moisturized. I was itchy before I got in the shower, and I just got out and I'm still itchy. mostly my legs and arms.

I have extremely dry hands because I wash them at work all the time. I need a handcreme.?
My hands are dry and my knuckles crack and bleed. My cuticles also become cracked. I have used the following lotions:
Jergens
Eucerin
Utter Butter
L'ocittane
Kiss My F...

Sore, dry lips? How can I get rid of it?

How can i get rid of my acne???i am 13 years old and have tryed like EVERYTHING!!! HHHHHEEEEELLLLLPP!?

My face is peeling horribly from bad sunburn - any suggestions on how to even out my complexion????

I have this zit on my nose thats whitish at the end and it hurts soooooo bad!!! how do i get it off?

How do yoou keep your face clean?
i have pores / acne and i wonder how can i keep my face clean.....

What products healed your acne?
Which products worked for you? (it can be soaps, pills, creams, etc.)...

How to get rid of a cold sore with no medicine?
I woke up today and the cold sore spread to another side of my lip, not really big but I want to get rid of it as soon as possible.. is there anything I can do that doesn't involve medicine?
<...

What the best way to get rid of chapped lips?
...preferrably in less than a day.
[which probably is impossible.]

but you see, today when i went to school, my lips were fine. then as the day went by, my lips got dry and flaky. ew. ...

My arms just fallen off, what should I do??
It hurts quite a bit, and I havent got a plaster big enought to cover it....

Should it be made illegal to have tanning boothes in the U.S.?
I know alot of people like to get a good tan, but man those things are dangerous. We get enough sun as it is with global warming and the sun. You can get skin cancer and age faster with a bad enough ...

Why do my lips constantly need chap stick?
i cant go one day without my lips getting chapped and its always been like that for like 8 years. what can i do so they dont be so chapped anymore? go to the doc? why is my lips like this? thanks for ...

How do i tell him he has nits?
i recently noticed my boyfriend had nits.. seeing them moving about on his head scared the life out of me =] however, we havent been together long, and I'm not sure how to bring it up or how he&#...

My head is itchy its not lice and its not ring worms wat the hell is it?
some answers would be very ...

My husbands hands are all dry and chapped is it a lack of vitamin c ? What cream can you recommend?

Can you get burned or tan in water?

Nep-Tunes
Best over-the-counter medication for poison ivy?
I've been using cortizone10 for like 3 days and symptoms are not getting better. Any help is appreciated!

honeysuckle
Rating
calamine lotion,the pink stuff

Dave_Stark
Once the rash has started, there's not much you can do but treat it topically.

If you know you've been exposed, wash the exposed area with brown soap -- Fels Naphtha is the brand I'm most familiar with -- some soap with a higher lye content. That saponifies the oil -- urushiol -- that causes the rash.

Once the rash shows up, I've had decent results with Caladryl Lotion and Benadryl ointment/cream.

The Disciple
Chalomine Lotion works.

However, if you can't get suitable medicine, you can pee on your hand. That dries out the poison ivy.

shortfrog
It does not help me either....try TENCHU . ....follow the directions.

S
My son gets poison ivy at least twice a year very badly. Believe me, I've bought everything over-the-counter from Ban deodorant (plain, no aloe) for itching to Zanfel, which is over $35.00 a tube. NONE of the stuff works. Once, I ended up in the ER with him. When he breaks out now, I save my money and just go to the doctor's office and get prescription medication. Works EVERY time.

Hope you get better soon. It's some nasty stuff, I know.

supergirl331117
Benadryl is good to use, also caladryl, calamine lotion. gold bond lotion i think. but ask a doctor can he recommend you the strongest over the counter medicine for poison ivy. i hope that you feel better.

Orlando57
Rating
supposedly theres a real good one at the local drugstore thats like called iveystop or something ask the druggist also add some of those benedryl tablets to your diet from the dollar store its a good way to treat itching from the inside also mix some of the powder from the pills into the cortizone and it will numb the skin slightly and relieve the itch

Cupcake
Rating
Caladryl - if you aren't allergic to it. It has an anti-histimine in it.

cyanne2ak
Seriously just put 1/2 cup of baking soda in your bath water. Wash the area FREQUENTLY. Applying any lotion or cream that is oil based will only SPREAD the poison ivy.

bocoo_man
Good and simple calamine lotion.

ღTHIS girl CAN rawkღ
Rating
This may sound REALLLLLLY stupid/lol/but if u make a soft X on where it iches, then slap it/again lol/ it stops.

horse girl
Rating
benedril... if your not allergic to it.

Puzzler
Benadryl Cream. Use sparingly.
It numbs the itching and promotes healing.

24/7
I have always found hot soap & water followed by Ivy Dry works for me.
24/7

Also use Ivy dry as a preventive by rubbing it on your exposed skin when you must come in contact with Poison Ivy.
24/7

Jai
Rating
Try some Aveeno (don't think I spelt it right) Oatmeal soap and Calomine (I know I didn't spell that right at all) That's what we use at daycare and what mom used for me and my brothers. The Oatmeal dries out the infections and the calomine stops the itching.

Charlie H @ Ks
Rating
Calamine lotion worked for me.

mrscbaumgardner
Calamine Lotion
its pink

kyle b
Rating
i know it sounds crazy, but brake cleaner works really well, as it drys up your skin and kills the infection.

woody
calamine lotion

kholbee
Rating
If you can (I can't) try calamine lotion. It's old but it works. But for fast relief try an oatmeal bath. I use Aveeno. And if that doesn't work go to the doctors.

Celebrity girl
Rating
Calamine lotion.

navistore
Go to the doctor and get a shot. The itching will stop almost immediately and it will clear up completely within a week

Ciphers numerical discrepancy
Rating
Tecnu Poison Oak/Ivy wash
Better yet before you go in the woods put on
NO-SCRATCH-UM it makes an invisible barrier that oak, ivy and sumac can't penetrate

Tonya
We used a product called Ivarest. In the first aid section of most stores. Caution: if it does not clear up the symptoms in 2 to 3 days plz check with your doctor. Also taking Benadril will ease the itching form the inside out by blocking the chemical your body makes called histeine. Good Luck!!

Food Traveler
technu

wilsonhutchison04
I don't know if I am going to spell this right, but when I was a child my mother used "calamine lotion" it's pink and you just rub it over the infected area. I've also heard that St. John's works also.

infernal_seamonkey
Benadryl for itching and rash, calamine or gold bond lotion to reduce redness (although the calamine dries pink so you probably don't want to wear it out in public).

Mike
Rating
Poison ivy is different in all people, some react severe others not at all. ...for the minor cases calamine lotion will dry it up and the fluid will not spread. For more severe cases, Medical treatment is prescribed due to the fact that it can in rare cases be life threatening. Prescription medication is used in serious cases. Check with your doctor seeing how it has not gotten anybetter.

boo's mom
Rating
Chigg-Away! It's the only thing that will work on my hubby (he's very allergic to poison ivy).

You can find it on any military base and on eBay.

Doodlebug
Rating
Well, there are a couple things that you may want to pick up over the counter.
Benadryl is the main one. Poison ivy releases a poison that benadryl clears up internally. Your best bet is to buy the benadryl pills. You need to make sure that you are washing the sheets often and washing your hands too. Changing wash clothe and towel is important too.
Calamine lotion will dry it up externally. Cortizone just stops the itch and that is all that it does.

Appreciate Each Day
The over the counter remedies don't work well. If you aren't improving, call the doctor and get medicine that needs prescription.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy