Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    STDs
Health Discussion Forum

Can a dog be infected with HIV?

Can you get an STD from a swimming suit?
I recently bought one at a garage sale and the question has kept me from trying it on. I know that you can boil or microwave it to kill anything in the fabric but is it even worth the effort? Is it ...

What do you do when you see a neck?
I cut through, but that's just me.
Additional Details
Chicken Boy doesn't need a doctor....

Is there a standard for STDs test?

My boyfriend has AIDS. Now what do I do?

Can you get STDs from genetics?
i alredy know what HIV/AIDS are so you dont have to name that......

People keep stressing me out how can protect myself?

Is HPV an std?

What is STD in medical term ?

How do you know if you have rectal discharge?
How do you no i remember when i was 10 or 12 i felt wetness down ther so i went poop but all that came out was a clear substance like speerm and had red streaks in it is this normal im frweakin out ...

If herpes can be spread by touching the infected area then it is not only a STD righ or wrong?

Can u catch hiv from kissin someone that has it?

What does a smear test look for?
do they just look for unusual cells or do they test 4 stds also?...

Herpes Infection Question?
Hello,
I know this question has been asked before but I'm wondering if you can get herpes by sharing for example a soda or cigarrette with someone infected? Or is it just skin to skin ...

What does HPV stand for and is there any cure for it?????

Does HPV ever go away?
There's this girl I would love to "get with" but I know in the past she had HPV and was getting treatment for it, I don't know if she still has it now or what but there is no way I...

What happens in a std test?
i feel i should go and get tested but can any one explain exactly the procedures and who has to do ...

My ex-boyfriend gave me gential herpes.Guys always tell me how beautiful I am..but I don't feel that way.?
IS THERE LIFE AFTER HERPES? WILL I FIND SOMEONE FOR ME EVEN WITH MY STD? I DONT HAVE ANY KIDS, I AM IN COLLEGE,...ON THE OUTSIDE I HAVE "A GOOD LIFE".....THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.........

What is an HPV?

Can you have more than one std at a time?
if you have chlamydia, can you have gnorrea or hiv or anything at the same time?...

somnath
"HIV viruses died while exposed to air" - how true this statement is? any idea?
I found it in a fwd mail. If that so tehre wouldn't have any problem with needles, right?

latauraw@sbcglobal.net
Rating
true

metcalfmaintenance1
Although the virus will die when exposede to air you have to consider the needle produces a vacuum seal of sorts therefore prolonging it's life.Another consideration is Hepatitis C which you can give yourself from needles.

adnhack
Rating
The HIV virus die in the air,it can only live on the fluid it transport it. When the fluid dry,the virus die.

In the needles is the samething, but like the people u drugs its self, dont wait time, the virus is still alive,and they can be infected

hope this can help u

immortal_relations
Rating
Generally the virus does not survive at the room temperature due to its fragile nature. Scientific studies have found that HIV can sometimes survive in dried blood at room temperature for up to six days.

Duchess Ella
Rating
HIV virus is very fragile outside a host and need fluids to live. Upon drying, it dies very quickly. Therefore, normal interactions such as handshaking, eating together and even kissing cannot transmit HIV. (Kissing is actually possible as there is exchange of saliva, but the amount of HIV in saliva is very low and about one bucket of saliva is needed for HIV transmission)

Needles, however, retain a bit of the last user's blood or body fluid. It is the HIV found there that would easily lead to HIV infection. Moreover, injection by needles sends the HIV directly into the blood stream, so a small amount is already enough for an infection. (While in the case of kissing, a large amount of HIV is digested in the alimentary canal)

katagalugan9
Rating
yes they become dormant when exposed to air but become active again once in contact with body fluid!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy