Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

How can i stop biting my nails?
is a bad habit i tried to break for years......

My eyelid has been twitching a lot lately.. has anyone experienced that or know what it is?

I stuggle a real lot at getting up in a morning?
even when i go to work in a morning it still takes me until about 12 o clock to wake up properly. i've just had 9 days break from work but being tired all the time hasnt changed at all. but i ...

Why is my baby sons pooh green?.?

Why do Doctors have such bad handwriting?
It's just something I've noticed after going through my medical records the other day. I mean, I've had a lot of different doctors (I've moved around a lot) but I can hardly read ...

Why do we yawn when someone else does??????

Is your life as fantsatic as mine????

Im on day 2 of not smoking!?
Any tips or advice to keep positive?...

How do i get rid of this cold sore?
okay, i guess cold sore is the best thing to call it is a cold sore.
i have braces and a couple days before i got them tightest i sort of had a cut on the left corner of my mouth. then it just ...

Is it wrong to have a plant in your bedroom?
I want to have a plant in my bedroom, but I've heard that's not healthy.
Additional Details
I want to have a plant in my bedroom, but I've heard that's not healthy. ...

Do you regret you started smoking?
do you regret you started smoking? from what age did you start? why did you start?
what are the good sides about smoking? does it make you feel more confident?...

I'm exhausted?
ive got serious hiccups
what can i doooooo hic
im not drunk ...

What causes restless legs?
And how can I stop it? I have been driven mad by this every evening for weeks and nothing seems to help. Has anyone found a cure for this?...

What is good to take (or drink)when your kidneys are sore?

What is the best thing to take for your kidneys before and after allcohol?

Headache????????
i have real bad headaches when i dont have my breakfast
or wen i get out of my bed in the morning and sometimes during the day also
is there something wroong with me
Additional D...

What can i use for constipation or any advice on stool softner?

Why do we yawn when we see some one else yawns?

I took a 10 mg dose of prednisone this morning, I plan on drinking 2 or 3 beers this evening, wil I be ok?

My child has got tiny black worm like bits in his soiled nappies,anybody know what this may be?
am going to docs but just wandering if anybody has heard of this ...

kelsey w
What is the best thing to do for a cold?
cause i have one!

alcachofita
Rating
I like Airborne. It dissolves in water and you drink it. I got over colds faster when I've taken it.

peta g
Natural Antibiotic called Echinachia! You need to take 1gr 3 times a day! You start felling better the minute you have taken it! Plenty of fluid! And rest!

mihika
drink hot and spicy chicken soup and chew basil leaves.

teddybearloverus
If you had this in the first day or so of the cold I would tell you to go to a Dr. They now have meds out that provide a quick turn on the cold virus. But if you have gotten into the full born cold here is the Dr's remedy:
Kleenex
Rest
Cough Syrup
Liquids
NO Dairy
Antihistimine
Good luck...Stay Healthy!

chelseyiscool
drink orange juice, or anything with vitamin C in it..
Or just take vitamin C tablets

truthyness
drink hot tea (without caffine) and plenty of water.
Vitamin C helps, so fruits like oranges and lemons, tablets, and the like will work. Plenty of rest, like an hour or more than usual.

The fluid = gets your phlegm loose
Vit C = boosts your immune system

Southern Girl
Rating
The BEST thing to do is rest as much as possible and drink lots of fluids. Also take some Ibupfren for pain.

singlex32004
lots of rest, and chicken soup my mom always said :)

kirbyrulz16
Rating
smoke the reefer.

Einsteinetta
Drink a lot of water, a moderate amount of orange juice, take a vitamin c table each day if you have some. Get more rest than usual.

It'll go away in 7-10 days.

pjflyr
colds are caused by a virus. No antibiotics work
Drink fluids, treat the symptoms if you absolutely can't tolerate them: antihistamines for the itchy eyes and sneezes, decongestants for the runny nose, anti-cough meds for hacking coughs that interfere with sleep.
A mild fever is the body's attempt to kill off the virus- a virus is susceptible to heat. A high fever over 102 can be treated with tylenol if one is miserable.
The old saying is a cold lasts 7 days with treatment, and a week if you let it run it's course.

Pratik
Rating
Load up on Vitamin C by taking Vitamin C tablets, drinking orange juice, and eating citrus fruits.

It should be gone in a day, if that.

suzy1423
What's the best treatment for a cold?

There is no cure for the common cold. The most important thing you can do is drink a lot of fluids to keep your body hydrated. This will help prevent another infection from setting in. Avoid drinks like coffee, tea, and colas with caffeine. They rob your system of fluids. As for eating, follow your appetite. If you're not really hungry, try eating simple foods like white rice or broth.

Chicken soup is comforting, plus the steam helps break up nasal congestion. Ginger seems to settle an upset stomach. A hot toddy may help you sleep, but beware of mixing alcohol with other cold remedies.

Over-the-counter cold medicines can offer relief from aches and fever. However, doctors no longer believe in suppressing low-grade fever - except in very young and very old people, or people with certain medical conditions such as heart or lung disease. Low-grade fever helps the body fight off infection by suppressing the growth of viruses or bacteria and by activating the immune system.

Aspirin. Young people and children should not take aspirin because of the risk of Reye's syndrome.
Decongestants can help make breathing easier by shrinking swollen mucous membranes in the nose.
Saline nasal sprays can also open breathing passages.
Cough preparations are not hugely effective. For minor coughs, water and fruit juices probably help the most.

Gargling with salt water can help relieve a sore throat.

perfectlybaked
Although unconventional, I always like apple juice (cold, not heated). If you have a sore throat it's perfect, because it is cold and thick, unlike orange juice or anything else, and it has vitamin C. As well, the immune system primarily works while you are sleeping. So, after Nyquil get plenty of rest, and don't make the room sweltering. It should be temperate because a room that is too hot can cause fever, and room that is too cold will of course facilitate the cold. Usually a cold is aquired if you miss a night's rest, and go the next day using more energy than you've regained through sleep.

lindasueme
Rating
THIS REALLY DOES WORK. RUN A BATH TUB FULL OF WATER AS HOT AS YOU CAN STAND IT, PUT IN 1 TEASPOON OF DRY MUSTURD, 1 TABLESPOON OF BAKING POWDER, 1/4 CUP OF BAKING SODA, SIT IN THE WATER FOR 20 MINUTES, UP TO YOUR NECK, GET OUT DRY OFF PUT ON WARM P.J,S , COVER UP TO YOUR NECK WITH YOUR BLANKETS, IN THE MORNING YOU WILL FEEL BRAND NEW, I PROMISE YOU WILL. DONT LAUGH TILL YOU TRY IT . GOD BLESS

Iamyourbuddy
Rating
Drink fluids, stay in bed. Keep warm. It is the best thing you can do. Take a warm bath also.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy