Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

This is really gross but is it possible to drink your own pee?
It's not something I want to try, it's just, I have a bet going on with a friend from work. He said if you're dying in the desert, you can drink your own pee. I think your own pee ...

When doctors say DO NOT REVIVE(d n r ) what exactly do they mean?

Should you make your bed as soon as you get up in the morning?
My boyfriend said that if you make your bed as soon as you get up it spread germs, bugs etc and that you should wait until its cooled down until pulling the cover over. Does any one know any websites ...

How do I fall asleep fast?

How long does it take for your lungs to heal after quitting smoking?

How can i make myself tired?
without drugs?
homemade remedies?
I want to sleep away the next few days (besides school hours)
because I haven't been sleeping at all lately, and my doctor is on maternity leave....

What is the patella ?

Team, any suggestions to quit smoking... only ones that work please...?
I have tried before, and really need to stop.......
Additional Details
I have tried alot of the eplacement stuff, the gum effected my ...

How in the hell do you get rid of hiccups?

Is it just me or do other people find their Doctors rude?
I have only visited my GP three times in two years, for what I considered to be for a real health problem. Each time that I have been I have been fobbed off and made to feel like a fraud. Is it ...

Can a doctor's office charge you to get a copy of your records?

What is wrong with me if i cant fall asleep?
I cant fall asleep for atleast one hour soemtimes 2 if i just lay in bed. do i have insomnia? idk what to do....

I have a really sore throat.. how can i get rid of quickly with out medication?

Can you chew bubble gum and fart at the same time?

How can i cheer myself up?
I'm at university in london and am currently feeling quite down. I miss home, my boyfriend and my friends, and the workload I have means I'm always studying. Can you give me any suggestions ...

Lead aprons for x-rays? please help?
why do people sometimes wear lead aprons when receiving x-rays? i think it has something to do with protection but i'm not sure....

My mother died 10 days ago and I'm having a hard time coping. What can I do to get through this awful time?
http://blog.360.yahoo.co Details
My mother died of cancer. We didn't know she ...

Why am I always dizzy when I stand up??
Whenever I stand up, I get really dizzy, my vision blacks out, and i find myself unable to stand up. Why does this happen? How can i prevent it in the future?...

If i'm 15 and i'm 5'5 will I grow anymore?

How can i get to sleep without the aid of sleeping tablets?

Ann B
If you drank antifreeze would it kill you?
if you half a bottle, how long would it take to kill you and how would it kill you

kassandra
dont drink it, cause u will probably get sick and maybe die

dont drink it!!!!

jimmy_hills_chin
yes it will all your major organs will stop working as will your nervous system

Lusty Lush
Rating
i would say it would kill you.

demetri c
Rating
i drank 8 ounces and didnt die
but then you need to go through dialysis and live with kidney pain forever.

if you drink 8 ounces and do nothing for 3 days you will likely die after kidney failure and then have super high blood pressure.

go for it if you must. i would rather suggest you cook a cigar in a small pot of water. then boile down the water until it can fit in a shot. drink the shot in a cup of coffee and then you will die fast....

no need for razors or guns.... good luck

Melaenami
It would, yes.

Mr Lizard
Rating
I've tasted anit-freeze. It has a pleasant, sweet taste. That's why dogs like it. It can kill you, so don't drink too much.

Buddy
Rating
Yes it will

pulseczar
Rating
Ethylene glycol metabolizes into highly toxic compounds that can cause renal (kidney) failure as well as widespread tissue damage in other organs.

Lesley
Rating
yes, there was a case a while back when a woman had poisoned her husband with it who was rescuscitated but suffered massive brain injury, and has an extremely low quality of life (if any).

Mrs. Maintenance
It sure would.

chip2001
Rating
You mean like this "lady" did to her husband:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/02/28/housewife-kate-knight-jailed-for-30-years-for-poisoning-husband-with-anti-freeze-89520-20334651/

Brendan O
Rating
i think you need to see a doctor, and maybe a therapist. if you are seriously thinking bout this you should go to your nearest emergency room and seek help

jllanes
Rating
yes of course

Wordsmith99
Have you seen this story?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/02/29/nfreeze129.xml

Sunnydawn
Haven't you read a paper lately? A woman has just been jailed for nearly killing her husband with the stuff.

whabtbob
Rating
If you drank that much, and did not receive any medical treatment, it would certainly cause harm. At the very least, it would probably result in blindness. Depending on the individual, death is a possibility. It is impossible to give specifics on how long it would take because that would vary from person to person.

Now, a question for you - would you please explain why you are asking us this question?

gerald_kelly2004
Rating
yeah it would kill u not sure how long but it would just be silly 2 drink it

Polo
Not necessarily.....

A woman who tried to kill her husband by putting anti-freeze into his curry and wine has been jailed for 30 years.
Kate Knight, 28, was found guilty of the attempted murder of Lee Knight at their home in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire in 2005.

Judge Simon Tonking, at Stafford Crown Court, told Knight she showed "little remorse" and would serve at least 15 years before being eligible for parole.

Mr Knight, 38, suffered kidney failure and brain damage and is now blind.

He is also partially deaf, has some paralysis of his facial muscles and needs 24-hour care.

See link below:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/7268314.stm

Croxx
A long time but most likely just cause severe damage.

Neil B
Rating
if it does not kill you. it will leave you blind, death. ruin your kidney's and leave you in a life of misery. don't do it.

Catherine J
I just saw in the news the other day a woman gave her husband anti freeze in a drink to knock him off and keep his pentions. it left him deaf blind dumb and no sence of smell. he sirvived and she got 40 year prison sentance!!!

lazytramp789
Rating
the liver metabolises it to toxic byproducts

jessikaamparo
No it won't kill you,it will only damage you body I hope your really not planning to do something if you need to talk to someone please contact me or someone that is willing to help you I pray for the best

Jessika

Crimson and Clover
you would go blind!
have fun!

andy_campbell_99
Rating
yes it would kill you and it wouldnt take a long time.

Kristen
Don't try it, but I don't think so. I do know for a FACT that it does kill animals, so clean it up and dispose of properly.

old know all
Rating
Antifreeze usually contains ethylene glycol which is a purgative in small doses and highly toxic in large doses. If you drank half a bottle, it would make you violently sick - and that might just save your life. If not, it would be a painful death.

Phil D
it can, if you have enough, but normally makes you blind, deaf and puts you in a coma, then kills you.

MJ
Rating
Yes, it could. A woman in England was recently jailed for poisoning her husband with it.

pearlywhites
blind,deaf,paralyze,handicap,damage your brain

dont do it

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy