Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

What do you do when you cut your finger open with a knife?
my mom was cutting a vegetable with a sharp knife and she cut herself. i don't know what to do!...

My partner was caught between two peices of machinery and squashed badly and caused his pancreas to swell?
The doctors were worried about his pancreas but say he is ok. He still feels quite bad after 1 month. Could his pancreas be more easily distressed with alcohol or just in general and could this cause ...

Can you go swimming with stitches?
My boyfriend fell thru a glass window as he passed out recently, and got deep cuts in his back. He had 20 stitches in his back. He gets them out on friday. We were wondering if he could go swimming ...

Can someone help with cramps?
every night I wake up with severe leg cramps on the inside of both legs between the knees and thighs. the pain is so trmendous I groan in agony for several minutes. Is there a way to get rid of these ...

I have an injury in my back, please help...?
From 3 years i was making a school show and my role was carrying a 140 kg boy on my back..... (i was 80 by that time but I was packed up)
So in the middle of it i accidently lost balance and ...

Does anyone know how to get a scar tissue thats growing out of your ear without going to the doctor?
I need to get this out of my ear it keep getting ...

A little foot fun.......lol...........?
How smart is Your Right Foot ???

Just try this. It is from an orthopedic surgeon............

This will boggle your mind and you will keep trying
over and over again to ...

I'm had chronic low back pain for a year with no improvement after seeing 3 chiropractors, any suggestions?
I've tired different beds and that did not help. It hurst most in the morning and feels better after 15 minutes of stretching. I don't want to take pills and I do not want surgery. I do ...

What do u put on a black eye to take out the swelling?

Do I need surgery?
about two years ago I was helping a friend move furnature and I had grabbed a really heavy piece with my arm fully extended down,palm facing 180 degrees away from my body. With my arm extended I ...

After wiping the side of your nose with your finger, why does sticking it in your beer make the foam disipate?

Additional Details
and it's my own body so I don't really care if it gets in my drink. at least it's not YOUR nose grease in my beer....

Applebees - child got burnt?
I am so angry - took my 2 year old to Applebees for lunch. After we finished, he asked for a maple blondie desert which I ordered and they brought it to the table on a skillet. The blondie was just ...

Please help. my shoulder really hurts. its 4.15am now what do i do?
ITS HURT FOR OVER AN HOUR IS IT DISLOCATED? DO I CALL AN AMBULANCE? IT CLICKS WHEN I MOVE IT AROUND IN A CIRCLULAR MOTION. I WAS CARRYING 12 BOTTLES OF BEER IN EACH HAND THE OTHER NIGHT....

I think I broke a small toe. What can be done for this?
I stubbed it very hard! It was bleeding under the toe nail. I have put ice on it. It hurts but I can deal with the pain for now. What else can I do first aid wise?...

I have a problem i crack nuts at xmas between my thighs and i get chaffed legs is this normal?

Knot on my shin, bruising,swollen& painful to walk. What do I do?

Additional Details
I fell & slammed leg against hard ...

Doctors note?
hi i need some advice people. iv been off work for the last 2 nighs with a bad foot im in agony with it looks like a bad sprain my worry is it needs to rest so i need a doctors note for a few days im ...

What is wrong with my toe? Left foot, toe next to big one.?
It is very sore to touch on sides, on joint and on bottom and sometimes hurts when try to bend it. I haven't knocked it and the nail is not ingrowing....

I just got stabbed the other day do i need a tetnis shot or nething?

Is it possible to survive a bullet?
Just ...

ratzenfratzengoogill...
I was hit in the eye with a baseball. What should I do?
I don't really want a black eye or half my face to blow up. There's no blood, but a red "splotch" of skin. A little bump too. Any ideas?

no cigarette money
USE A BASEBALL MITT NEXT TIME.

Tikka
Go to the health food store and get some homeopathic Arnica 30c, and dissolve about 7 pellets in your mouth, 20 minutes away from food and drink, several times a day for a few days. It will help with all sort of injuries and trauma. On the safe side, you still need to be examined by a doctor.

frozen_fire19
Since the area of skin is just reddened, I'd suggest a cold compress. Get a cold towel and press down gently for ~15 mins over your eye. It reduces swelling so you won't end up with a bump the next morning. That's about the best thing you can do now.

geoemtp
Rating
Ice and Ibuprofen. If there is any loss of vision, visible damage to the globe of the eye itself, or any instability of the bones around the eye (orbit) see a doctor.

yeah buddy
it'll get worse to, ur screwed.

Bottom Contributor
Rating
Hit your other eye with the bat so your eyes match.

Chris
You could go to the Medical Centre/Doctor.

My partner fell down the stairs and got a black eye. After a week it kept on getting blacker .... he had fractured the bone just below the eyebrow.

Eyes are every important as we only have two. Well actually I have just had four operations on my left eye and so only using one now.

Don't ignore your eyes.

mom of 2
Lots of ice is your only hope, but if you have a bump and a red splotch, you will more than likely have a bruise tomorrow. Just tell everyone that you took one for the team or that if they think you look bad, they should see the ball now.

PETE LOVER
GOD my friend did that last week!it usually only lasts for about a week or so. My friend said it really hurt. I would see a doctor if you really want medicine to ease the pain. Nothing can really help your eyes though.

dr s
Rating
ice pack three times for 10n minutes , 5 min rest. best answer?

Jack
Favor the other eye.

bettyboop
Ouch! Cold pacs. Don't use ice as it can freeze your skin. Try a little vaseline in between applying the cold pacs.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy