Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    STDs
Health Discussion Forum

Bacterial vaginosis again?
i am 21 and i seem to keep gettin bv.. i get prescribed metro gel and it makes it go away but then it comes back a few months later, the reason i knew i had bv is b/c i was gettin a fishy odor and i ...

Who was the dumbass who slept with a monkey and started aids???
i dont know if thats how it started, but if so that person is an idiot!...

What is the origin of the AIDS virus?

Can you get herpies from kissing?

My spouse came home with an STD, but swears he has never been unfaithful, should i believe him?
he never told me about them. I discovered them myself. I have since been checked and am ok. no sign of any disease. he was put on Aldara cream. He swears he has not been unfaithful, but we have ...

When you use a public toilet - do you sit right down?
Just tell me what you do? Are you a preparer and hang paper before sitting? You wash the car? I just sit right down, and have been doing that for years. I have never caught anything....

How likely is it to get an STD from a toilet seat? And which ones?

Herpes Exposure? (This may sound stupid..but I'd appreciate it)?
I just found out a new guy I'm seeing had a one night stand with a girl a few months ago who has herpes. He found out and got checked out and didn't have herpes.. but is this enough to ...

I never told GF about my herpes?
I have had a few GF and i always say i got it from them. They all bought it :-) but when i told my latest GF (present) she said no way, she was a virgin when i met her. Is there any other way to get ...

If i have oral herpes, what are the odds that i did NOT give it to my boyfriend?
i wasn't sure i was having an outbreak.. it's so hard to tell at first. we kissed and shared a cigarette. and the next day i got a very tiny outbreak. im just wondering, is it possible that ...

Which birth control methods also protects you from STDs?
please be specific, and give examples if needed =)...

Can herpes be contracted even if there is no visible out break?
I don't have herpes, by the way. It's juat that I could never really get a straight answer to this question....

I have a friend with HIV...?
I have a beautiful friend who is now fighting to stay clean, and is also infected with HIV should I continue to stick by her?...

Is anyone practicing celibacy?
I am 6 weeks pregnant. The man that I am pregnant by is acting stupid (so he is trying to convience me to get rid of the baby - which I disagree with) - however, I may have to practice celibacy ...

Should i tell my partner about my yeast infection?
i think i have a yeast infection; should i tell my boyfriend about it? or should i just keep quiet about it? i cant tell if he would be weirded out or grossed ...

HIV showing up after 2 or 3 years
About 2 or 3 years ago I may have slept with somone that was infected by Hiv. It was a one night stand deal. I have had two home access hiv tests in the past six months and both have come up ...

Is there a chance that I could catch a disease?
"Is there a chance that I could catch a disease by lic king a girl's lower part?..."
Additional Details
Then what should I do????? pls help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

How do u tell ur boyfriend he needs to get checked for STDS?

Can you get Chlymidia from kissing someone that is infected with chlymidia?

I was sharing a cigarette and a drink with a girl who has AIDS. is there a chance i could get infected?

chefbrian67
When you give blood, do they check everyone's blood for HIV every time someone gives blood somewhere?

R R
all blood in the Unites States is now screened

Michael
Rating
The American Red Cross just got one of the largest fines in history because they passed out so much blood that was contaminated, so I would say maybe now they have started to check and not just leave it to you putting a no in the HIV box!

claude l
AS A PHLEBOTOMIST, ANY TIME YOU GIVE BLOOD AS A DONOR THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO CHECK YOUR BLOOD FOR EVERYTHING. AS PROVEN SOME BLOOD DOESN'T. BUT, YES THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO. WHEN YOU GO TO GET LAB WORK THEY DO NOT CHECK FOR HIV BECAUSE THAT IS A TEST THAT IS JUST FOR YOU NOT TO BE GIVEN TO ANOTHER PERSON. WHEN YOUR BLOOD IS SCREENED FOR HIV OR AIDS TESTING YOU HAVE TO GIVE SIGNED PERMISSION FOR THEM TO DO SO.

pip
They do test for it, and many other things.. every time.. but the fact of the matter is, HIV can stay dormant and not be noticeable in a persons blood for a long time.. the body doesn't start it's measurable defense instantly. during that "window" period it is possible that someone can give blood and HIV not be detected.. it's rare, but it does happen.

thirsty mind
Yes also hepatitis C and other blood contaminates.

anyways_fukitol
9 people just got hiv from the sacramento blood drive : /that is f*d up!!!! they got lazy and wasnt screening all people!

Up your Maslow
Rating
They do here in Canada.
They also have stringent pre-screening processes to minimize taking infected (from several sources, e.g. Mad Cow) blood in the first place.

ladycddles
I've heard that they test the blood, but have also heard of people getting infected with HIV from a blood transfucion. I hope I'm wrong & they really do test it.

Gemini
Yes they screen it for all transferable viruses. Every time.

LadyV
Rating
Some agencies do not and some do.However the guidelines from the government are very rigid for blood banks.

sugar507
Rating
They have to check if the blood is free from HIV, ANEMIA, SYPHILUS, and any other bacteria or viruses that can harm anyone if it is used. They will actually let you know if ur blood is infected with anything.

johnna_compton
Rating
Yes they do! Every time!

ashambra s
they always check they cant give away bad blood that really needs it

Eve
Rating
Yes they do but now there are other things like West Nile etc. and not sure what all they really check for. It's always a risk taking blood but hey, if you need blood, you need it!!!

ray_hilton717
No they don't.

rradboys
THEY LOOK FOR EVERYTHING AS NOT GIVE IT TO OTHERS

Rich Z
For HIV, hepatitis and anything else that might be transmittable in the blood.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy