Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    STDs
Health Discussion Forum

Which country has the the highest number of people infected with HIV virus?

HIV worry in Accident and emergency ?
When I was in A & E recently, I had to use their toilets. My worry is that when I went into the disabled toilet I noticed some blood around the washing basin, so after seeing this I decided to ...

One in four adolescent girls has an STD..?
Wouldn't the rate of infection be about the same for boys?
Where is the study on that?

(:cough:Patriarchy:cough:)...

Infection?
I just hooked up with this guy and the next day I started showing symptoms of something. It hurts when I pee...like right when im finishing, theres been a lot of discharge, and it seems like im ...

Is it possible for a guy to have and std without any symptoms?

Helppp.......please?
Read the statements below, then select the correct answer from the choices.

Statement #1: HIV is the virus associated with AIDS.
Statement #2: Epstein-Barr is the virus associated ...

Can stress cause herpes?

Additional Details
my mom has "boils-like-bumps" on her mouth and they told her it could be herpes cause of stress...is that possible???...

What are STD's?
we are going to learn about it in school soon, like sometime before the end of the year, but I have no idea of what they are ... so I was wondering what to be prepared to hear/learn ...

Are all STDS like life threatning or would it be okay to have one?
If you had an STD and didn't do anything about it could you die?...

Hiv??? please help!!!!!!!!!?
i got raped by a guy through anal in january got test in february and everything came back negative. is there a possibility i could have hiv?
Additional Details
and no he did not '...

Do i have aids omg i am worried?
what are the signs my friend has aids and she is a cutter and i cut my wrist with the same razor and her blood was still on it. This was a few months ago we also shared the same needels ugh im scared ...

Can a 12 year old get a STD?

Paris Hilton: Does this mean everyone with Herpes should get early release?
Why just her? She had it before she came....

Why does it burn when I pee?

Anal Wart's ????
I think im may have anal wart's , my partener of over a year he is the only one i have been with . I just noticed them 2 day's ago , Have i had them for awhile or is it from my partener ? H...

Can someone tell me what thrush is?
I think I have thrush because im itchy "down there" and it comes off and on with a few weeks apart what I would like to know is what it is how i can get rid of it and what will happen if i ...

I tested negative for chlamydia. Should I still take antibiotic? My girlfriend's doctor says yes.?
She tested positive. My test came back negative. Her doctor said I should still take antibiotic just to be safe.

is this true?...

How long can a herpes outbreak last?
My husband gave me herpes about three months ago. I am still having my first outbreak: it never went away and it is showing no signs of slowing down. I had a bad reaction to valtrex and famvir (...

AIDS vaccine is available?
thats what I heard on the news, is it true, guys?...

If a man says they have been burned does that mean hiv and from a woman and does it affect your child?
WHEN A MAN SAYS THEY HAVE BEEN BURNED DOES THAT MEAN THEY GOT HIV FROM AN WOMAN AND DO THAY STILL HAVE IT?...

RiSiE H0TT STUFF[[LMA0]]
When you're pregnant do you automatically take an HIV test?

mlk_maid
Rating
No, you have to request it in most cases. Some doctors will routinely do them, but that have to be OKed by you first.

Reason2254
Rating
In Canada women who are pregnant are tested for HIV. The thought process is that mother to child transmission risk can be reduced.

Mother-to-child transmission (MTCT) is when an HIV positive woman passes the virus to her baby. This can occur during pregnancy, labour and delivery, or breastfeeding. Without treatment, around 15-30% of babies born to HIV positive women will become infected with HIV during pregnancy and delivery. A further 5-20% will become infected through breastfeeding.

C section, medication and alternatives to breast feeding can drop that rate to less than 2% risk of transmission. Most women support being tested once they are informed of the benefits.

Georgia Girl
Rating
Yes, I was automatically tested - you may want to ask your Dr.'s office because it could be left up to each individual office.

Mig
Yes they will...its the law where I live that pregnant women get tested. Its just to protect the little ones.

kelly f
when your pregnant they test you for everything

Trisha R
Rating
They ask you if you want to... I did it both times.... just to be on the safe side. But they both turned out negative. They do take blood though to check your thyroid levels and to check your homones

Cameka T
Rating
most likely u won't

Bandrea
Rating
Not automatically but you will undergo blood test eventually throughout your pregnancy. Do you suspect you might have HIV???, if so, then yes, I would certainly get some blood work done immediately, it could save your babies life.
Good Luck

mommy of 3
Rating
when i was pregnant my doctor ordered an hiv test when he ordered all the other blood test they order if you dont want the test you can ask him not to order it

hecla 1
yes....it has become the policy of most OB Dr to include that in the prenatal profile blood work

If you refuse, the Dr has the right not to treat you...you would have to find another Dr and he would want to run the test also

Mommy Of A Baby gurl on 8-8-8
You will get tested for every thing

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, August 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy