Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    STDs
Health Discussion Forum

Can you get Aids from a toliet seat?
Say if a man has used the bathroom and you go in behind him and your a female, can you get Aids from that?
Additional Details
Say if the man has Aids and you go in behind him and your ...

Why teens get pregnant?
teens between 14 to 18 yrs getting pregnant more than grown up people ...

Can a Male get AIDS from a female?
Please include proof in your answers....

Is it possible 2 get an STD from a toilet seat?
i've just always wondered that!!!!!!...

Do you think i should disclose my hiv status to all i sleep with?
is it important to tell someone that I'm HIV positive IF THAT MIGHT BE THE CASE...

What is some home remedies for herpes?

Can I catch anything by KISSING someone with a lip piercing?
i just started seeing someone who has a lip piercing. im pretty sure kissing should be fine, but do u guys know if kissing someone with a lip piercing poses any additional risks other than with ...

If someone with AIDS throws a rock at me, can i get AIDS from the rock?

Is it possible to get an std from my boyfriend if neither of us has cheated?

Additional Details
we have been together for four years and im not saying its impossible for him to have cheated but if he hadn't.............

What does the first kiss feel like on the lips?
i dont mean like magical or anything like that i mean like what does it feel like , like does it feel like skin to skin contact what does it feel like?...

Why does it burn when I pee?

When you get tested for std's is it as simple as getting blood drawn?

Can I catch chlamidia from macdonalds?

Can you cure herpes?

Why do you think a cure hasn't been found for AIDS?
"How many more lives will be lost before a cure is found?"...

Hi, can you gets Aids from nocking on a door,useing a phone, ect?

Possible to get Aids from a manicure?
So my cousin and I went to get a manicure and her cuticle was cut and she bleed, next thing my aunt was telling her to be careful because in rare cases, ppl can get aids that way. She is freaking out ...

My friend told if you kiss someone with lip gloss or any lip balm you can not get any stds?

Can someone get in trouble for NOT telling me they had an std???
I asked my ex many times if he had anything. He got tested and told me that the results were negative. Now I find out that he DID have a disease and just didn't tell me. Can he get in trouble ...

Would you tell on your friend who had an STD?
If your friend had an STD and your OTHER friend wanted to fool around with her because the girl WITH the STD said she was clean, would you tell the OTHER friend that the girl HAD the STD? Or would ...

DeskJockey
New girlfriend has herpes, says I probably won't get it...true?
I'm seeing a girl, and I like her. She has told me she has herpes. She says that if we are safe, I will probably not get it, but there is a chance. I'm wondering if it's worth the risk to be with her. Will I get it? is it really possible that I won't? I like her and all...but...

mushrooman2000
do you like playing russian roulette? cause thats what you are doing, and yes you will probably get herpes in the long run. and from what I understand it's painfull.

wildbutterflychick
Rating
you could get it. Is she worth the risk?

cyresetaz69
Rating
you can get the herpes at any time because not cure for, dint go to a relation like this is beater for her to be we some one they have herpes to. because she dint go to fell bad if you get the herpes from her...

pendragon
By being 'safe', i assume you are referring to use of contraceptives. Although these are normally a pretty safe way of not getting an STD like herpes, it cannot be guaranteed. There is always a risk, even if you do take precautions. If you want to be completley sure, then do not sleep with her- but at the end of the day, its your call. Herpes can also be spread by general contact, so if your girlfriend has open sores, try not to accidentally touch them, and if you do, wash yor hands with soap and water.

For more info, try www.herpes.com as that has a lot of info.

Best of luck and hope this helps!

Uh-May-Zing
Rating
It's a risk...but then again, there is a risk with anything you do in life....if you feel like she's worth the risk, then go for it...but remember, once you have it, you have it for LIFE. Anyone you date in the future will have a chance of getting it from you...Think about your future and make your choice.

Ari P
well u could get it if u dont use a condom..... so use 1!!!!!

CE S
Keep in mind that condoms are not even 100% safe from HIV let alone any other viruses. Your best bet is to abstain, as difficult as it sounds. I think in these times, there are always risks.

kittykitten
Okay first off its not worth the risk to be with her secondly its a chance you can get it if you ain't careful and last but not least you may have it now there is no cure for it just because she don't have the symptoms don't mean she don't have it and just because she don't have an outbreak don't mean you cant catch the thing so be careful there

dynamite2006
You gotta give the girl credit for telling you the truth. It is true there is a risk of transmission of the virus even if she isn't having an outbreak. That's where it will take you being smart and protecting yourself. See if she's taking any antiviral meds such as valtrex or zovirax, these help supress the virus and keep her outbreaks fewer. There are many couples out there that one partner has this virus and the other has not transmitted the virus. It's all about being safe. If you really like her, then go for it. Just be careful. Good luck!!!

One Sexy Jeep Girl
Rating
not worth the risk.

ampzphd
If you really like/love her .. Then it wont matter. That's what I think.

mizsinister
she is right... but it is your choice, at least she told you...

Bobby h
Rating
Not woth the chance man. if things dont work out what will you tell your true love?

Sadie
Rating
IT'S NOT WORTH IT! You will probably get it at the course of your relationship. And the herpes virus isn't cured. You will have painful outbreaks for the rest of your life. I get cold sores on my face, and they're bad enough. I can't imagine them... other places. It's up to you but I would say go find another girl who isn't infected. There are plenty of them out there. To her credit though, at least she told you.

Z
Rating
By "safe", I assume she means using a condom. Proper use of condom can certainly reduce the risk of acquiring herpes but it can't absolutely prevent it at all times.

Go and see your doctor and find out more information there.

LMS
Ok no way is it worth the risk b/c even with a condom u still have skin to skin contact and you risk getting it even when she's not having an outbreak. I suggest she find somone who already has it so she don't keep spending anymore then we humans have already. Do u wanna deal with having this and having to tell people also? Its your choice but I sugggest you back off.

2strongfor2long
Use protection and if she has any sores don't do anything until It goes away. Once you get it you can't get rid of it so be careful and it's up to you to be with her or not but she was honest so that is a plus.

holden
Rating
It's a big risk. If you like her and she likes you, I'd at least be using a condom, and I guess I'd consult a doctor or a clinic to get the best advice.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, March 28, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy