Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    STDs
Health Discussion Forum

My sister told me the eating lots of grapes can prevent herpes. T or F?

Additional Details
This better be true!...

First sign of hiv?
first signs of hiv ...

Is it possible for a guy to have a yeast infection in his mouth?

WILL i GET HIV FROM READING ABOUT IT?

Can you catch aids or hiv trough saliva?

Does my son need to go to the doctor?
My son was walking in our neighborhood and he found a syringe laying on the ground but he didnt know what it was.He picked it up but didnt touch the bottom of it he only touched close to the top with ...

Can you get aids even if you know your partner or yourself does not have aids?

How many people do you know who have died from AIDS?
if aids is really a threat, then every other person we know should be dropping like flies. shouldnt they?...

How do i protect myself from (STD)?
In my town(in the marshall is), there are only (4)person have this kinds of problem,as i pretend this problem it might effect the environment(peoples), but the bad news is, they afraid of doctor. Is ...

How do you prevent gentail herpes?
If you can't see if your partner has it or you dont know if they have ...

What would be your response if, during a routine physical check up, the doctor said?
You have?
Aid's, or Herpe's, or something so out of the blue?...

What are the symtoms for a woman when she gets herpes ?
is it true that u would get back pain and pelvic pain ....

Is yawning an STD?

What does AIDS mean?

Is AIDS is a more widespread health problem today than it was a decade ago?

What is meant by STD?

Yes or No?
Can you get cervical cancer by having PROTECTED S3X?...

Is it possible I have AIDS?
Basically I have a stanley knife I use for art as I take it at 6th form college.

Anyway I was showing me friends how I could hack off my hair with it (don't laugh, I was in a funny ...

IT'S URGENT. I HAVE jock itch (not severe) a girl did me a b.j . What can happen? PLZ HELP IT'S URGENT

Paper on the toilet seat?
Ever since I was a little girl I've put paper on the toilet seat, because my mom would always go on about all the diseases you can get from them. However, I recently heard that you can't ...

onlyblonde1
Is herpes and chicken pox the same thing?
my sister told me that they are the same infection, but in a different location.
is this true?

ehrlich
Your sister is full of it. Herpes is a disease of the mouth or privates and is untreatable but can be managed. Chicken pox(child) is a virus that once you have it will go away and you will never get it ever again, mostly everyone gets chicken pox sometime in their life, as an adult it is known as shingles or another type of herpes, dont know the full name, however most people dont get herpies unless they come in direct contact with the sore on the infected person.

mattta4
Herpes is a virus. Some doctors believe that the origin of the Herpes virus is Chicken Pox and so they may give a series of chicken pox vaccinations for a sufferer...

pooh
no its not true

ronibuni
Rating
Well, you and your sister, while not the same person, are closely related...same with all the herpes virus family.

Look here:

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761577697/Herpes.html

Herpes the gift that keeps on giving...

kitty-mama
Rating
They are not the exact same infection. It is too in depth to go into here but look up these two things............herpes zoster and varicella zoster.

melclem7
I think they're related. I got the chicken pox when I was 17, (I caught it from my 15 year old brother), and the doctor gave me herpes medicine to reduce the breakout.

sandiego_96963_denfish
No! H

bella
Rating
Yes. You are talking about Shingles or Herpes zoster.
Read more- http://www.doctorgoodskin.com/ds/shingles/

WORLD FAMOUS
Rating
Not at all. Your sister is completely wrong.

Topaz
Herpes Zoster and chicken pox are the same thing. Herpes Zoster is adult form of chicken pox, also known as shingles. They are very painful and very contagious.

Herpes simplex is the STD form of herpes that we hear about, not the same thing at all!

Anon
No, they are entirely different.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, December 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy