Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    STDs
Health Discussion Forum

Can u catch aids by using an infected persons ear phones???

When you have a cervical smear would it detect an S.T.D if one was present?

Why is it better to know if you have an STD?
I'd rather not know until something happens, otherwise I'd be worried about it....

Herpes and pregnancy??????
I am mortified i just found out today i have herpes! not a happy camper but now i must deal with this. i plan on having another child in the near future... what are the chances of me spreading this ...

Could This Be A Symptom Of Herpes?
I Was Wondering If Having Cold Hands Most Of The Time Could Be A Symptom Of Having Herpes- IF NOT WHAT COLD THIS MEAN???????????????? IF SOMEONE COULD PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE POST BACK- THANK YOU...

I just accidentally took two 800 mg Ibuprohen. Should I be concerned?
My friend gave me something to help me with my headache and I misunderstood the directions. Suggest....

Found out my boyfriend has HIV?
My boyfriend let me in on a little secret last night.
We were about to become intimate for the first time when he told me He has had HIV for 3 years....

I was horrified and wouldnt ...

Hi i am considering being checked out for any sti/std at my local clinic.?
i am not sure if it is confidential does nayone know if it is completley confidential and only i would know about ...

Can someone get HIV from receiving oral?
can I get HIV from receiving oral? There weren't any signs of bleeding from the person's mouth?...

What is STD?
does std stand for smelly turtle diarreah? cuz thats what billy the noise picker said and he said his trutle has it. and his turtle always gots DIARREHEA
Additional Details
im only 9. ...

Is HPV a STD?

Cant u get an STD if all u have done is mastrobate?

How can you get AIDS?
They often say that if you are gay. you have a high chance of getting AIDS or anything related to STDs. Why is that so?...

Green thrush???
a friend of mine is v embarrassed to go to doctors,she is experiancin green thrush and is wet below all the time.what could it be?how do u solve it?no silly answers.T...

What is the number 1 STD today?

Could you ever forgive the person who gave you herpes?

Can you catch AIDS from headphones?
If someone has AIDS and uses i-pod type headphones, the ones that go in your ears, and then someone else uses the same headphones after, can the second person catch AIDS from that? Also, if you put ...

Is herpes dangerous?
I am doing a health project......

How can we make preventing and curing HIV/AIDS a global priority?
so many people r suffering and ...

Why do women find me so irresistible?

pupie_lova
Can u catch aids from kissing?
people say u cant but i dont understand how you can do a aids test with a sample of saliva but u cant catch it through passing it

vl2150
Rating
From what ive heard nope you cant. Im not sure how they can test for it with saliva either. ill take your word on that one!

beatbox
nope
washing your mouth would be a reason

answers4questions
no- more so blood contact. unless you or they had a sore within their mouth.

T
yes, you can get HIV/AIDS from kissing if the infected person that you are kissing have a cut in their mouth.

IMHO
No. AIDS does not pass thru saliva. Unless you have a cut or a sore on your mouth.

clint p
no unless ur getting blood in the kiss, also though those before are kind of right in actually no way possible of catching aids though salivia, but correctly u have to swallow large amounts of salivia like 25gallons and u can get an std at once a very small chance bc not that many ppl contract that match salivia through kissing so ur safe
a kind of no yes answer

its me
Rating
no it transfers through blood

New Richmond Hometown
Rating
no unless you have a cut inside your mouth you cannot contract aids through kissing. i have never heard of a saliva aids test either. that is not a very thorough way of testing for aids, i am a phlebotomist and i was always tested by blood for aids if i was ever accidentally stuck by a dirty needle or if a patient bled on me or any other kind of accidents like that in a hospital happened to me. an aids test should be a blood test though no a saliva. and aids cannot be contracted through kissing unless you have a cut in your mouth or on your gums.

I love mode!
Rating
It most unlikely unless that person has a open cut. But studies show that a large amount of saliva could produce an enough to infect but it is a disgusting amount and is very unlikely.

marklemoore
Rating
AIDS is transmitted through the exchange of bodily fluids. Saliva is a bodily fluid. Do the math. It may be more difficult to catch it through the exchanging of saliva, but difficult isn't the same thing as impossible.

Edit: if saliva could kill the HIV virus, then they would be using saliva as a cure. Smarten up people. I've been around since AIDS first came on the scene years ago. I've personally known a number of doctors and nurses who deal with the disease. I've seen the slow emergence of information released to the public over the years under the pretense of not wanting to create a panic. Your wanting to believe there isn't any danger doesn't make the danger any less real.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy