Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    STDs
Health Discussion Forum

How to cure aids?

What are Herpes?
On John Tucker Must Die it mentioned Herpes so I have been dieing ti know what it ...

How can you get chlamydia?

Can u get a std from a toilet bowl?

What is hiv and aids?
i would like to know more about this virus please ...

Could a blood test or a urine sample determine if i have STD's or herpies?
i got it down recently like today, and they said i'm fine and have no problems. but could they still miss it?
Additional Details
sorry miss typed, i got the blood test done and ...

I am 15 and believe tha i have an std can someone tell me about treatment plans, options,and clinics available

Additional Details
my mom is dead and im too scared to tell my dad thats why im trying to find a way to go alone.someone help me!...

This is a weird question...?
I've had a strange leakage from *down there* (I'm a female) for about two years. It's kinda thick and yellowish colored. I keep putting off getting a pap smear..I dont want to. Do ...

My friend has genintal warts/herpes (?)?
My friend told me he has a sickness down below and it scared the hell outta me cause i'm convinced im gonna get it too!!! hes 15 and has the sickness i think... he said he has little pimples ...

Is There I need a Real Asnwer,Is There Any Cure For HIV?

I THINK i CAUGHT SOME SERIOUS VIRUS! Please help me!!?
My friend walked towards me all gaytardedly and I asked what he was doing and he wouldn't answer me and I said stop and he kept walking towards me with his head tilted and his mouth open and I ...

My firend's mum is trying to gove her hiv, i want to know if there are other routes of transmission?
She is a virgin, she has never used drugs of any kind, she is asmathic, she has the sickle cell trait since she was a baby she hasn't been well.

I don't want her to have the ...

Is it possible to live a long life with aids?

Can you get herpes from sharing a drink with someone that has it ?
I drank after this girl that i just found out has them! She has them in her mouth. I have a open cut in my mouth and she has them in hers ??? HELP PLEASE!...

HIV positive?
MY best friend in the world has just found out he has HIV, i have no idea what to say to him or do for him, i can barely stop crying when i am around him, i think he is coping well, but i guess he ...

If a mosquito land on someone with AIDS, takes some blood, and then on another person?
can AIDS be transferred in that manner?...

I need to know if these bumps are ingrown hairs or something worse...please read the details...?
I just noticed this large bump on my labia area. I have had this once or twice before. The bump is usually in the same exact place, VERY hard and somewhat whitish. There is no hair protruding, nor ...

When a HIV person sneezes can you get it?
Think about it if sneezing from a cold you get sick so would it be the same? Just curious...I know not every one you see is infected with HIV/STD. I was curious to see if this would be true if this ...

WHat does it mean???
When you have alot i mean alot like an excessive amount of discharge?? its like a clearish to yellow color i know its not an std because i got checked but what else could iit ...

How likely am I to have just contracted HIV from this situation that just happend 5 mins ago?
At work I was helping another employee rinse some dishes in hot water...when all the sudden she looks down and her hand is bleeding bright red blood...I have no cuts on my hands or opens wounds...but ...

Jeanie E
Can an STD be spread without the carrier actually having the disease?

Melissa P
If one person does not have the std, then no they can not give it to you, and they would not be called a carrier. That would be like me saying, " Here's an apple for you!" and not having an apple to give you. That isn't a possibility.
BUT- There are MANY STDs that do not have outward symptoms, people can contract STDs through viral shedding, which can give uninfected person the disease. 70-75% of Americans have Herpes and/or HPV and do not know it, because the symptoms will not show up for a long time, even up to 20 years! If you think you have an STD, please contact a physician, because you want to know so that you do not give that to anyone else. Knowing is the best prevention. Please be safe! Get brochures from a dr. or look up some info if you have any symptoms on Webmd.com. it is a great source for answers!

Lisa G
I was the carrier of a type of an unknown Urinary Tract Infection but I never had the disease. Only took a weeks course of antibiotics to get rid of. So in this case yes it can happen but other more harmful/known about STD's I wouldn't think it could happen.

fasb123r
One has to have the virus in order to spread it. But in some people the virus doesn't infect in full. These people can because carriers-they do not show any visible effects or infections but carry it in their blood and can spread it to others.

twirlersmom
If what you mean is can a person spread a disease without having the symptoms of the disease then the answer is YES! A person can be infected but not know it and spread the disease to anyone.

daniellagiovanni
Rating
Yes. It can. It works like any other virus or disease. Somone can be a carrier for the illness and not have a full blown attack. And all it takes is a little bit of skin to skin contact.

teena9
No. For it to be passed between two people, one needs to have it. Now it is true that the carrier can display no symptoms and not know they have it, but someone has to have it. How else would you get it?

Jennifer
HPV is carried by men and spread to women. Men have no symptoms or consequences of HPV but, for women, it creates abnormal pap smears and can lead to cancer and infertility.

rea4154
Rating
A carrier DOES HAVE THE DISEASE it doesnt affect him/her as it does for others.

whabtbob
Rating
If you don't have the disease, how can you possibly pass it on to someone else?

However, it IS possible to not have awareness of the disease, or even symptoms of the disease. Some STD's do not present any obvious visual or physical symptoms, especially in the early stages.

Also, some STD's have periods of remission, followed by episodes of flare-ups. For example, herpes - there are no cures for herpes, so if you have it, you have it for life. However, with treatment, the symptoms can be eliminated for extended periods of time, and it would look and feel like nothing was wrong. But eventually, an outbreak of the symptoms will likely happen again, and would need to be treated again. Treated, but not cured.

So to spread the disease, you must have the disease, even though you may not see physical evidence that you do.

Hope this helps

scottishtiger
Rating
i would say no

Emillea
If you do not have an STD, you cannot transmit an STD. If the person you are sleeping with does not have an STD, you cannot contract one.

Nurse Annie
If one person does not have an STD, then there is no way it can be spread to someone else. One person has to have it in order to give it to someone else- STDs do not occur out of the blue.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, December 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy