Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What is the difference (if any) between Asthma and Emphysema?

How can i give myself laryngitis besides screaming or faking it?
the singing concert is coming up and i really dont wanna do it cuz i have stage fright and my teacher said that the only way we wouldnt have to do it is if we loose our voice...weird right? but plz ...

I have inhaled door oil it is called knotting i was wondering can it kill you or damage you in anyway ?

How do you treat a sinus infection at home...?
That's what I think it is anyways, sinuses have been clogged, headache, fever, pain in my eyes, and what come out taste like it's rotting (I know, disgusting), and I have a slight cough. <...

Could swollen tonsils cause nose bleeding and snoring?

Where is pleural fluid located?

Pneumonia?
My friend is 13 years old and she has pneumonia..Im really worried about her, Do most 13 year old die when they have pneumonia

Help me.. im worrying to much!...

My lungs keep hurting...should I be worried?
Ok, well, I am only 13. Starting about the beginning of the summer, I felt this sharp pain in my heart. However, it is developing on both sides. So, I am thinking it is my lungs, and not my heart. I ...

Bad cough and fever?
I have this really deep cough. It sometimes brings up that yellowish/white goopy stuff (i forget what its called). I have a fever of 100.2 and I've been like this for a about a week and it seems ...

Are you cold?
Im freeeezzzzziiinng!! I think i may turn into an ice lolly at some point this morning.

I hate this bloodyy English weather!

I cant sleep because of it! :O...

I cant breathe good...?
i cant breathe well...i believe i should go to the hospital but i do not have insurance... i also have a heart murmour and i dont know if that has to do with anything but this is a horrible feeling......

Why is TB (tuberculosis) so unknown not recognised in the uk?, even though it?
can be a fatal disease and the effects on the individual are very painful in every aspect. Are there any runs or charities that show these people that they are aknowledged and supported? if not or ...

Is there anybody who even knows what cistic fibrosis is?

Smokers and ex-smokers......?
I have been a smoker for about hmmmmmm, 16 years now. I am really wanting to quit.... I am sick of waking up choking every morning, and huffing and puffing walking up stairs!!!!!
I have tried to ...

I have a question about my breathing?
ive have been feeling like i need to take deep breaths and i cant and i cant stop yawning and sometimes i try to and i cant its so annoying
is this something serious??? do i need to go to the ...

Why is it called smoking?
That black costume?...

If you had pneumonia, do you end up with permanent scarring on your lungs?
and if so is there any danger of further damage to the lungs,
would stopping smoking have any effect, or does it make no ...

Can't stop coughing after cold?
I just had a cold for about 3 days, and it's really starting to clear up, but the only problem is that I can't stop coughing and cough medicine/drops do not help at all. It feels dry when I ...

If i have asthma can i go bungee jumping, or will i lose my breath?

My 4 year old cant breath propley!?
when she was born her right side of her nose was squashed and still is if its quiet you can her her its really loud and at night she dont like going to sleep and when she does she wakes up early ...

snowboy
Why do symptoms of the common cold seem to get worse at night?

Additional Details
This question may go to vote because i have a lot of very good
answers.

Sam
Rating
because your body starts to settle down...the virus/bacteria don't.

rwilliamshbl
I asked the doctor the same thing; she said it is like that with any sickness because your body slows down at night, the weather changes because of those factors your body has to adjust so it can fight off what is making you sick. Fevers, coughs etc. are all signs that your body it trying to get rid of what is not suppose to be there! if that makes any sense to you......

Donna
Because you're lying down, so you're getting more congested. If you feel like that, take a nice hot shower, that should make you feel lots better. Good luck ~~~

allison_sdlr
Rating
Symptoms seem to get worse at night because you are laying down and fluids have no where to go in your body, try using vicx or put more pillows under your head

mistyfan69
When you blow your nose you are expelling the fluids that make you stuffed up. When you sleep they pool up and they drip down to your chest and than you get a cold. The best thing to do is use Saline spray before you go to bed and blow out as much as you can so it won't pool up on you. If you use something like Nazaqurt or flonaise or something like that than use that ten minutes after you use the saline.
Good luck and good health.

Karen
Rating
Because the phlem just pools in your lungs or nose and doesn't clear out by coughing or blowing the nose.

The_answer_person
Rating
You are laying down and all the crude has no where to go but stay in your sinus passage and then on top of that you are not talking and laughing and coughing it out like in the day time. Other then that this is a good question cause we know that even if we stay up all night we still end up with more coughing and fever then in the day. The only thing I can think of is fever is fighting germs when it flairs and as you sleep at nighttime it could be that your automatic time clock inside lets your body do more to heal you while you are resting.

Conquistador
Rating
Sometimes for me they are worse in the morning as everything shifts and adjusts. Flu is worse for me at night, colds worse in the morning when I first get up.

uncle billy
the cough settles in the chest

Bad Kitty!
No distractions to keep you from feeling miserable!
Also, lying down causes the mucus to back up in your sinuses.
Try sleeping with your head raised on two pillows.
Be sure and take a dose of cold meds before you go to bed.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, April 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy