Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Smoking weed have effect on blood testing ?
i just recently smoked weed 2 days ago and i have a blood test in 2 days.. im getting checked for something if my liver is ok, will it show up on my test that i was smoking?...

I have a sore throat & runny nose. & I have a date toniite... HELP!?
as i said i have a sore throat and runny nose. what can i do to make it go away before tonight for my date??...

What nose infection causes me to have phlegm and smells awful?
the smelly part happens everytime i bend over to pick something up or pet my dog.(and no....its not my dog) it is an awful smell....

Is it likely that I'd get asthma for the first time in my 50s?
I have had a persistent cough for about a month and when I cough too much I start to wheeze. This has been diagnosed by various drs differently. At the moment, they are saying it is a chest infection ...

Hey Dr Frank - whats the first early symptoms of lung cancer?
can you get asbestosis from coming into contact with it just once? I was digging out a foundation when i came across a big pile of it someone had buried years ago - it was loose pipe cladding ...

Does Asthma have a negative effect on a person's sense of smell?
I bought a handbag on eBay that has a strong odor of cigarette smoke and the seller claims that noone in her home smokes and that she has asthma. Could her asthma keep her from smelling the smoke on ...

Quit smoking 2 weeks ago, started working out 5 days ago, trouble breathing?
Hi. Right now, I have a really hard time breathing. I quit for a week and slipped up a few days ago when I smoked 5 cigarettes in one sitting. The day after, I ran on the treadmill and benchpressed. W...

My husband has been admitted to hospital because he is coughing up blood?
they think this is because he has had a chest infection and because he is on warfarin this is causing the bleeding

He has now benn given two lots of vitimin k one intraveneos and one in a ...

Does anyone have trouble breathing when it is humid out?
I have shortness of breath during humid times. I also experience burning sensation in my chest when exercising sometimes. What is this?
Additional Details
I don't smoke and never ...

Does cigarette smoke contain lead?

How do you cough up mucus if the mucus is in the lungs??
There is not pathway directly from the lungs to the throat...Right???? It just seems weird, the only thing that goes everywhere in the body is blood vessels, but that cant carry mucus. I'm ...

I need to stop smoking....help?
ok i am 14 and a freshman.......i've been smoking since i was 7yrs old .......no joke......i need to stop smoking.........please give me some ideas........this is not a lie or anything.....i'...

How does public smoking affect people?
people that get affected by public ...

This question is regarding a friend of mine! NOT ME?
He takes notebook paper, tears a rectangular shape out, and rolls it up, lights up one end, and deeply INHALES the smoke and smokes anywhere from four to six a day. Sometimes more. I was wondering ...

What do i have if i am coughing my throat hurts and my chest hurt?

Whats a breathing break in music called?

How do i get rid of an asthma attack cant find my inhaler and coffee isnt helping....HELP?

Whats the very best thing to take when you get a tickle in your throat and just go non stop wiht coughing?
i sometimes get a tickle in my throat and start non-stop coughing. ive tried everything from cough drops to cough meds and nothing stops it. can anyone help? is their a dr or nurse out there who ...

WHAT CAUSES BLOODCLOTS when flying on a airplane?

Breathing trouble?
I don't think that she has a disease or anything, but my sister has been having trouble breathing lately. One minute she is fine, the next she says her heart is beating too hard/fast and she can&...

Christine B
Why do I hear a crackling noise when I breathe in/out only when laying down.?
Been suffering from a cough, fever and low energy for 3 days. I went to the doctor yesterday. He game me some antibiotics and decongestants. I only noticed the crackling thing in the morning while laying in bed. It was really annoying me, so I got up and then it stopped. So I stayed up for a bit then layed back down to see if it would return and, after a few minutes, it did. It sounds/feels like its coming from my upper chest or throat area. It is not stopped by coughing. It doesn't really hurt to breathe it's just annoying to feel and hear and it worries me. Any ideas what could be causing it?

Kelsey
Rating
It will most likely clear up in a couple days. When you are sick, your lungs make all kinds of lovely mucus secretions. When you lay down (especially for extended periods of time, like when sleeping) all those secretions settle, and that's what causes the crackling sound. If it's not gone within a few days, call your doc.

Candy G
Rating
if it persists after you have been on the meds. for a few days go back to dr. it could be more serious

Mmmmm
Rating
Phlegm always troubles in a lying position.
So keep head higher while this cold lasts.
Most here have said it all. But take some precautions and herbs.

I just got over one.
I take ginger on a daily basis. It is Anti-Histamine.
Also Vit C and Allegra.

Then when it happened, I took Mucinex. It is a decongestant and helps relieve that feeling of "wheezing" .
Avoided Anti biotics. Have survived! Nut it is not so always.
The lungs has 38-40% capacity. So if cold settles, it is very difficult for me.

Make a tea with grated ginger, peppercorns a clove and basil.
Keep drinking when you can. Sip as warm as you can. You may also add almonds and honey to it.
Do check it all out with a doc.
Keep warm and wrapped up.

riversconfluence
Rating
Your lungs work best when you are upright, laying down causes them to have to work harder to get the mucous and water out, and the air in. The weight of you body does push on your chest. They teach chonic lung people to sit up, lean a little forward, and put their arms up on a table, so their chest will expand better.
Bronchitis acts that way too, just ask me, I managed to stay flat in bed an hour without coughing last night.
Take the meds the doctor gave you on time, sit up to clear your lungs. Do some postural drainage: lay down, turn on one side and cough, then turn on the other and cough, that loosens things up, and moves it around so it will come out. Do some deep breathing exercises.
It does sound like you might have bronchitis, though I'm not a doctor. Try this: if you have a small bathroom, go into the bathroom, shut the door, and turn on the shower on hot [with you NOT in the shower, you sit on the toilet] and let it run a bit. If you get relief from the cough, you might have bronchitis. If you get more congested, turn off the shower and leave. This is the same thing Mommies do with kids with the croup. Humidity therapy, same as running a humidifiyer. Another sign of bronchitis is a cough that sounds like a beagle barking, and you cough and cough uncontrollably. I'm in luck today, it is rainy cats and dogs today. Humid! I can breathe better.

elaeblue
Mucus building up in your lungs. The anti biotics and decongestants should clear that up in a few days. If not go back to the doctor.

Danielle B
well , im not a doctor or anything, but ive experienced that many times before. its because you have recently had a cough , that the loose mucus is in your chest, waiting to be coughed up! its all the bad stuff , once you get it all up by couhging it will go i should think. :)

lill2441
Call your doctor. It sounds like bronchitis, but it could also be a bad chest cold or even pneumonia. With all the viruses that are out there, who knows. Your better to be safe than sorry. it could also just be caused by conjestion.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, July 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy