Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How can you make your child stop smoking pot?

Should I go to work today?
I've been out all week because I've had the most horrible, miserable cold. Well, today, I feel more or less okay - just snuffly with occasional coughing and sneezing. I could certainly ...

Poll about Smoking?
Are you a :
Smoker
Non Smoker
Quitter {how long?}
Your opinion on smoking in general?...

Why cigarretes are addictive?
The stimulanting effects of nicotine:...

Whats the best way to start smoking?

Anyone else dreading the smoking ban?
especially in london the weather is so crap and going outside for a ciggie means drowning in the rain!...

I dont know what to do.....plz help?
im sorry i keep asking similar questions but i told my mum i couldnt breath properly and she said she wont take me to the doctors because she says its nothin
i cant breath properly and i ...

Is there anything to make you feel better when you are sick and have alot of flem in your throat?
any tea or drink or anything?...

What colour is blood when it is not exposed to air????
we have one person who thinks it is red when not exposed to oxygen and another who thinks it is clear what is it?...

My brother did this?
my brother marked me 7 times with a PERMENT black marker
now i feel weak and i fanited 2 times wats wrong with ...

Quiting smoking pot???? 2?
i just asked a ? about my lungs itching... i smoked pot everyday for 5 years and never had no lung pains but i quit like 3 weeks ago and now my lung itch and i was just taking a shawer and i hacked ...

PLEASE READ THIS........i need help!!!!?
about a week ago, i went to my cabin i inhaled "dust off" and now i think i'm delvoping asthma.
CAN THAT HAPPEN???
me and my friend shared a whole can, neither of us died or ...

Why do cigarettes make me feel sooo good?
I love
the taste
the feeling of the smoke going into my lungs
the nicotine buzz

I've been smoking for 15 years and would feel totally lost without my cigarettes.
<...

Should I listen to these pharmacists?? Or go to the hospital?
About an hour ago I accidently inhaled my spit, a little bit I think and I had a huge argument with my mom cause I wanted to go to the hospital to be safe but she kept saying if I can talk i am fine ...

If I only smoke for a few weeks, will the bad effects be reversed?
I'm 14, have never smoked in my life until this morning. If I only smoke 1 or 2 cigarrettes a day for only about 2 or 3 weeks, will there be any lasting bad effects? I got used to it almost ...

Is smoking good for my health? Also will it make me look big hard cool or clever?

How do i start smoking?

Is smoking bad for you?
a lot of peploe think that smoking is bad for you but my grandad stared smoking when he was ten and lived till he was 98 so it cant be that bad for you can ...

Ive been smoking for 15 years, is it to late to quit?
Are my lungs at the piont of no return?...

My husband snores badly really badly!?
Can anyone help me, my husband of only six months has a terrible habit of snoring, when I say snoring he sounds like Darth Vader with a severe cold...he doesn`t like me not sleeping in the same bed ...

sagar
Why People Smoking?

Lalla
Rating
To burn their money and invite respiratory diseases.

Stephen D
Rating
To avoid self combustion which can only be prevented by Milk of Magnesia and good smoke

Bloggy Nimmy
Rating
Never know..i wonder even after knowing the side effects...both active side effects and passive side effects i wonder how can they smoke just for the sake of so-called pleasure

Lisa K
habit... and to look cool...lol

Hari O
Mostly are addicted!

JumpmanEvolution
Rating
its an escape and relaxer

Bill M
Rating
It's an addictive drug, and unlike most of them it's legal (outdoors or in your own home).

Gem!n! :]
they thinks its cool, its relaxes them, etc.

rachele_5780
because they don't care enough about themselves to LIVE!!

40 oz to freedom
Rating
because i can?

Bunny
I like it. I enjoy it. I can. It's legal. And it keeps me from getting to weigh 400 pounds. w00t! Any other questions? Oh yeah, and it makes me happy. :D

Leina
Me not know.

goo
Rating
For many reasons and then it's so hard to quit.

alwaysmadefunof
Rating
The reason people smoke is because it's a trend && they think it's cool.Kids in my school smoke is because it's their bad habit.Once they've become addicted to it,they can't quit.Their bodies are craving for it.

coldest snow
Rating
They become excited or get relaxed but it is very harmful for health as a single cigarette reduces five minutes of one's lifespan & can create 300 types of cancers.

A herb 'Chapparel' is a cure for all cancers. it is available at extremely cold places.

Jessica H
Rating
People smoke in the beginning because they want to fit in. Once they get older it's a habit they can't break.

honeybee75
curiosity, family history, group/peer pressure , accessibility,
pleasure, overcoming frustration/depression.

timekiller
Rating
Its a habit for the most of smokers. Some are really enjoying it.

mad
People smoke to reduce their life period and the surrounding ones life period. First they will start that habit for fun or to overcome worries. that becomes habit. Wonder is they start that to over come worries and that habit afterwords worry them in health and wealth and other things. So, it is better to not to smoke. Smoking is injurious to health but it make the government wealty.

phertm
actually it is demand by body, knowing about smoking and Jens demand

saharaaj
Rating
To burn their frustration , and fight depression

welllaners
Once you are hooked on it its as hard as giving up heroin.
Do not start

Aditi_ fiery ice
I don't know much but I think it relaxes them and gives them a minute-freedom from the tedious world and once tried is lifetime addictive.

Maxwell
Rating
Nicotine is more addictive and readily available than crack cocaine, thats why people smoke.

I'v been free of cigarettes for 13 months, but I understand that not everyone can quit so easily.

Afg Legend
Rating
its addictive.

acekingblows
Rating
good question. wish i knew the answer. some do it as kids to look "cool " or peer pressure and then it becomes a lifelong habit. an addiction that will kill you . the really odd part is the government gives tobacco farms subsities and grants to grow it, then wants to fine them for growing a harmful substance. if chocalate chip cookies killed a hundred thousand people a year they would be banned everywhere,
but cigarettes do and they get a one inch warning label.

Erica
Rating
I'm guessing it's a way for people to relieve stress.

I hate smoking. I will not even be in a room with someone who is smoking. I despise it to the very ends of the earth.

Michael
Rating
Cause it was cool to do it when your younger but you get addicted and cant stop.

Irrational Man
Rating
because they are on fire.

Shaba
they say smoking relieves stress and make you feel better.

they may start as a challenge or to try something new. but chemicals in the cigarette (eg nicotine etc) acts on nerves in the brain and spinal cord which are concerned with making you feel good. so the more you smoke the more you feel good.

the body has an internal surviving mechanism called the 'rewarding centre'. this works by making you feel good every time you do something beneficial to your body. this is why people really like the taste of fat - because in the time of fred flinstone, to find fatty food was a luxury. also, this is why people have s e x - because this system is activated, and the people doing it feel good and so are more likely to repeat it. as s e x is intended to end up in pregnancy, it helps to prevent extinction of the human species.

nicotine activates this same system (not saying you'll get the same pleasures of s e x if you smoke, but there is the sensation of feeling good) so people are inclined to repeat this to feel good again. nicotine however, only gives you the sensation of feeling good; it does nothing beneficial to you - the other constituents of smoke damage your airway and predispose you to cancer.

it takes real will power to stop smoking. now scientists are developing a drug which binds to nicotine and so do not allow it to work on the rewarding system, so people do not feel good when they smoke. this will help more people to stop smoking.

hop this helped you to understand why people smoke!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, June 14, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy