Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I have just been diagnosed with MS and i have had my first attack knowing that Ive got it?
I was really scared and panicked so much my legs started shaking uncontrolably but after i was thinking was my legs shaking because of the MS or because i felt a twinge and scared myself into ...

I am suffering from acute "Accidity". what to do?

If I smoke....?
1 or 2 packs of cigarettes a month, how bad of a health affect can I expect on my body, I've only been smoking for a really short time...
Additional Details
I understand that it'...

What is the best remedy for morning sickness?im in my 7th week and i can't work because of this.?

Have you ever seen someone close to you dying because of smoking?

What is the most "EFFECTIVE" way of quiting smoking?

In an infection, when you see yellow discharge is it good or bad?
I've got a throat infection, and I coughed up some yellow mucus. I've read that the yellow discharge consists of cells that your body produced to fight the infection, so is it good to keep ...

Should i be worried when my boss said i was not breathing properly !?

Additional Details
like it andy t, i was being chastised like a nuaghty child for answering ...

Is there a good reason why well informed and highly educated people continue smoking tobacco?
I can accept that people who don't know anything about the letal consequences of smoking tobacco continue doing so, even today in the information era. But those who have access to updated ...

Whats the quickest way to stop a panic attack when driving?

Whose going to pay for the NHS if everyone gives up smoking?

What are the symptoms of tonsilitis?
The back of my throat is really sore, like I have something lodged in there. And the back of my throat is like, whistling when i breathe. Got no other symptoms. Is it tonsilitis or something else?...

Is it true......a sin?
is it true cigarette smoking is a sin?...

I have a persistant cough along with pain in the left side of my chest .?
For about a month now I've had a dry cough that gives me a sharp pain in the left side of my chest. I have no other symptoms to suggest that I have a bug and I thought at first it was just a ...

How is smoking harmful to the lungs?
How is smoking harmful to the lungs? Does the hot air from the smoke actually sear/burn the lining of the lungs? At what temperature does this take place? If someone is using a Vaporizer to V...

What content of cigarette smoke causes emhysema?
doing this for an essay titled The cost of ...

Does anyone have any natural or homeopathic remedies for asthma?
My doctor prescribed allergy medication for my asthma, and it is not very effective. My inhaler is empty. Does anyone know of any easy and effective ways to make breathing easier??...

Off sick with Kylie itis. Can I have some TLC please?
Chest ...

Tuberculosis Guy quarantine?
Agree/disagree?

I agree what a moron exposing other people!!!
Additional Details
Blah...you should be there with him too if that is your selfish view!!! Shame! shame! Shame!...

My spouse says that I stop breathing for short period of time when I sleep... what should I do?

Mis Managed
Which is worst pneumonia or the flu? My daughter was diagnosed with pnuemonia 2xs last year?
and was sent home both times? What's the deal?

Gone fishin'
It depends on the health of the patient. If they are weak then either can be fatal.

turdl38
Both can be fatal, but generally pnemonia is harder to get over.

Sudoku Player
Pneumonia is much worse and if not treated could even lead to death!

makeitright
Flu can turn to pneumonia if not treated properly. Pneumonia also has to be treated with antibiotics and pneumonia can develop into something more serious.

Flu is bad but pneumonia is worse because it is in your lungs. I would suggest a visit to her doctor for decisions about treatment and vaccines.

Wishing you the best of health.

Mad Roy
Both are serious diseases, but I would rather have Flu than Pneumonia. The hospital I work in has a lot more patients with Pneumonia than influenza. Some URI's are less serious than others and can be treated at home. We often see people with "walking pneumonia' (usually viral) who are not sick enough to need hospitalization. Your daughter might benefit from a good childrens vitamin to help build up her immunity (ask your pharmacist). Also limit sugar and products that contain it. They weaken the immune system.

Stephie
pneumonia is definitely the worst. I have had it every year sometimes two times a year after the first time I got it.
They have sent me home with inhalers. But this year I heard about the pneumonia shot so I got it and the flu shot. I recommend it. I haven't gotten the flu or pneumonia so far.
If you don't get it treated, it could get very serious. I was just diagnosed with asthma this year. I don't know if that is what cause it but I know I didn't have it until after I got pneumonia.
So I would recommend you get her to see a lung doctor, maybe an allergist, or an ENT to see just why she keeps getting it.
Good luck. Hope it all gets better.

I Just Wanna Go 2 College!!
Rating
Well, i think pnuemonia because it actually gets into your lungs and can kill you much quicker if untreated, i think that the flu is only a deadlier version of a cold, but it is easier treated. Where was your daughter sent home from? if it was the hospital, that was probably because she wasn't urgent enough for them to keep her. Unless she has asthma or something, there isn't really a reason to keep her, just give her the medicine and put her on bed rest.

shorter_98
Rating
pneumonia is the worst and can last from 1 week till treated, it a process of the lungs filling with fluids that cause severe infection of the body and the fluids need to be realeased with antibiotics and breathing treatments, if left untreated can ultimately lead to death, unlike the flu which is usually a 24-48 hour illness.

pandora078
pneumonia means that there is fluid in the lungs and sometimes occurs as the result of the flu. when your daughter "had it twice" last year was the second time shortly following the first. if so, it is because the strain of bacteria was resistant to the original antibiotic, died down a little enough to relieve symptoms, and then began to flourish again once the course of abts was complete. it is always a good idea to follow up with the dr following a bacterial infection of any kind to make sure the antibiotic got it all. if your daughter continues to come down with pneumonia she needs to be reffered to a pulmonologist (lung dr) by her pediatrician.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy