Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Poll about Smoking?
Are you a :
Smoker
Non Smoker
Quitter {how long?}
Your opinion on smoking in general?...

Why cigarretes are addictive?
The stimulanting effects of nicotine:...

Whats the best way to start smoking?

Anyone else dreading the smoking ban?
especially in london the weather is so crap and going outside for a ciggie means drowning in the rain!...

I dont know what to do.....plz help?
im sorry i keep asking similar questions but i told my mum i couldnt breath properly and she said she wont take me to the doctors because she says its nothin
i cant breath properly and i ...

Is there anything to make you feel better when you are sick and have alot of flem in your throat?
any tea or drink or anything?...

What colour is blood when it is not exposed to air????
we have one person who thinks it is red when not exposed to oxygen and another who thinks it is clear what is it?...

My brother did this?
my brother marked me 7 times with a PERMENT black marker
now i feel weak and i fanited 2 times wats wrong with ...

Quiting smoking pot???? 2?
i just asked a ? about my lungs itching... i smoked pot everyday for 5 years and never had no lung pains but i quit like 3 weeks ago and now my lung itch and i was just taking a shawer and i hacked ...

PLEASE READ THIS........i need help!!!!?
about a week ago, i went to my cabin i inhaled "dust off" and now i think i'm delvoping asthma.
CAN THAT HAPPEN???
me and my friend shared a whole can, neither of us died or ...

Why do cigarettes make me feel sooo good?
I love
the taste
the feeling of the smoke going into my lungs
the nicotine buzz

I've been smoking for 15 years and would feel totally lost without my cigarettes.
<...

Should I listen to these pharmacists?? Or go to the hospital?
About an hour ago I accidently inhaled my spit, a little bit I think and I had a huge argument with my mom cause I wanted to go to the hospital to be safe but she kept saying if I can talk i am fine ...

If I only smoke for a few weeks, will the bad effects be reversed?
I'm 14, have never smoked in my life until this morning. If I only smoke 1 or 2 cigarrettes a day for only about 2 or 3 weeks, will there be any lasting bad effects? I got used to it almost ...

Is smoking good for my health? Also will it make me look big hard cool or clever?

How do i start smoking?

Is smoking bad for you?
a lot of peploe think that smoking is bad for you but my grandad stared smoking when he was ten and lived till he was 98 so it cant be that bad for you can ...

Ive been smoking for 15 years, is it to late to quit?
Are my lungs at the piont of no return?...

My husband snores badly really badly!?
Can anyone help me, my husband of only six months has a terrible habit of snoring, when I say snoring he sounds like Darth Vader with a severe cold...he doesn`t like me not sleeping in the same bed ...

Is smoking cigars worse for you than cigarettes?

Do I annoy people with my smoking (cigarettes) habit?

Ace
What will the hospital do if you cough up blood?

Additional Details
lets just say that this was caused by something not because it just started automatically. i know why it is happening but i want to know what the hospital will do?

dawn666annapolis
send you to the morgue.

harleyedmiston
Rating
ok my mom had that problem they will tell you that you cant smoke anymore and no drinking achol and they will give u some med and your not aloud to be in the sun for nomore than 1 hour.....please coose me for your best answer considering i got a doctor degree and i work in maricopa arizona hospital

filtyfish
It could be from many things. They will check to see what is causing it.

Suzie H
Rating
If you cough up blood the hospital will take blood tests, x-rays, your blood pressure, temperature and check your urine and bowels... They may take picture of your esophagus and stomach with a little camera that goes down your throat and into your stomach. Make sure you go to a doctor or hospital immediately if you cough up blood. It could very well be pneumonia, lung cancer, severe COPD, bronchitis and the list goes on. Don't full around and get worse. Find out what is causing it..!

fiasau2007
Rating
turn you over on your side.

iamawesome
Rating
clean it up and give you something to make you stop.

none
Rating
Get some paper towels.

optimus1357
I just started my medical career, but most of the time we will collect sputum, which is the flem from your lower resp. system. is it straight blood or really bloody flem? they prob run a TB test first. tuberculosis is pretty serious though, you'd know for you'd have to go to the ER lol. could just be a really raw thought or a harmless open mouth wound.

pplz1st
you could have TB or hiatel hernia

cougar
Rating
ASK, IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE!

Billy T
Rating
Find the source and treat you for the problem.Scopes x rays etc

Joi J
Rating
Well, they will probably ask for a sample of what you are coughing up, and possibly do X-rays to determine whether it is pneumonia or another respiratory problem. Coughing up blood is serious and should be evaluated by a healthcare professional immediately.

cousinbonehead
Rating
A complete evaluation of your symptoms. A look inside your mouth to rule out rotting teeth. Perhaps a blood test to check for cancer.

hsmommy06
Rating
Well both my Mother in law and Mom were vommiting blood non stop and both went to the emergency rooms and they both just made them wait for many hours before even seeing them. It is really sad, but some hospitals are like this. Others are quick to help those in need first. If you are already in the hospital they will run tests and try to give you something to help with the coughing up the blood.

Stevalia
Probably want to give you a blood test.

Might ask if this is often or certain times such as: in the morning.

I use essential bath oils good for all types of conditions.

But certainly need to be seen soon as you can by a doctor; because if it is something very serious, which it could be, then if it is treated soon enough you may be cured of whatever is the cause.

melissaw77
Rating
hand you a wash cloth and charge you 700 dollars

No seriously they will likely do a chest exray first, then go from there.

iluvb.r.!!
Rating
did u???

Tom Cruze
Maybe a biopsy or xray to test for lung tumors

shelby
like i would ever know unless i coughed up blood but i would think that they would run tests and stuff like that because they are doctors and they are supposed to figure out whats wrong with you. go to google and ask them they would know alot more than i do.

bubblebrain
it means you are dieting to baddly

Sharon C
do alot of x-rays and test.... but do get there soon...

Eye can relate
Rating
roll you into a room with another cougher, and leave you there for hours without checking on you. Finaly, someone will come in and mis-diagnose your condition, give you the wrong medication, and then overcharge you for the service. Oh, yeah, you will probably get a staff infection while you are there, and then they will charge you for that, too, If you survive the mis-diagnosis.

Taylor
Rating
eww, uh probably give you bad tasting meds and put u in the ER and also tell everyone to stay away from your room so they wont get sick.

Karenâ—¦theâ—¦Rockstar
check you for TB.

ROADRUNNER
They will run some tests to determine where the blood is coming from so they can treat the problem. Honey, it doesn't matter what they will do, if you are coughing blood get medical help quickly!

goingmad
Rating
It depends on the cause, if you have a respiratory disease they may treat you with intravenous anti biotics, if they think that there is something else wrong they will do different sorts of tests, whatever you do do not skip letting your doctor know if this is happening and make sure you go for the tests, if you are not being admitted. Above all don't worry you will find there are lots of different causes and vary rarely are they dangerous, it is just wise to err on the safe side.

Mackenzie M
Rating
take you to the ER... wut else are they supposed 2 do? ;]]

[lol jk]

aresharmony
have u checked

flydiva_ls
Rating
test you for TB

RubyD
Rating
R you coughing up blood? Could be a sign of esophageal damage or even lung cancer. They would probably first do an endoscopy to see what's going on and then maybe some chest x-rays. Hope this isnt about you!

ćµ?ć?ź
Rating
put you on an IV, monitor your heart rate, wait 30 minutes, then do some tests for the cause. tests include: lung scans, stomach and intestinal scans, inner ear, and full head. they will keep you in the hospital for 12-48 hours..as a safeguard..even if they don't find anything..if they do. it will be dependent on the cause.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy