Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I can't stop cough when I try to talk, please help!?
Hi guys, I start cough last week, and now I can't stop caughing! Everytime I try to speak a word, my throat start feeling itche and I start cough, I been search around the internet and yahoo ...

How can I prevent second-hand smoking?
I have been exposed to second-hand smoking for the past 14 years even when I was still a fetus inside my mother's womb. What can I do to prevent this?
Additional Details
My father ...

Anti smokers have won the right not to breath second hand smoke. What about the right not to inhale car fumes?

Our prem baby as cronic lung disease, now after 4 mths she is deteriating. What would cause this?
Our baby Caitlyn was born at 24wk 6 days gestation, after being on a ventilator for 2 months she started showing signs of progress and was put on c.pap, then onto an headbox she was doing really well ...

Candles?? Things I think might be bothering my Husbands Asthma?
Do candles aggravate people with asthma??What about pollen?? Can they take Claritin??...

What are treatments for honeymoon cystitis?

Additional Details
i forgot to mension i am on my 3rd course of antibiotics from the doctor, but they dont seem to work, then just give me thrush....

Smoking while taking birthconrtol??
I'm 14 years old and I might have to be put on that birthcontrol called Yaz. And I smoke so I was wondering if it would still be okay if I smoked while taking this pill.. Or if there's any ...

Why is smoking bad?

OK what is the cure all for a cold, runny nose, aches and pains all over?

Additional Details
My nose is raw from blowing it HELP...

My 4yr. old son is so sick!!?
Ok i have a 4yr. old boy, and he was really sick he has already very bad asthma. And when i took him to the doctors, they said now he has really bad allergeys! but at the doc. office they still gave ...

How I improve my hemoglobin count in my blood,?

What's the best way to deal with an asthma attack if you don't have your inhaler with you?

What are the chances Gordon Brown and His Health minister cronies will answer my TB questions?
My 6 yr old son was confirmed as TB positive today NOT infectious but has to be on antibiotics for 3 months.
I'm furious to discover that routine TB vaccinating has stopped in the UK and ...

Chest infections?
Does anyone know how long it takes to get rid of a chest infection. I am still fetching up phlegm after weeks and weeks of it but have cut down by more than half of sigarettes as well. I am ...

Do you have allergys, what is the best antihistermine you can get?
soz about the ...

Ive been suffering 4m asthma since born how to cure it i tried homeopathi no use...am currently on inhaler?

What happens when someone has a asthma attack?
it is 4 science ...

Im curious about smoking.?
i want only smokers to answer this. why do yall smoke? does it seriously relieve stress or do u just do it to look "cool?" be honest. i really wanna know....

Does Emphysema is communicable disease?
I am aware that Emphysema is a non-currable disease but does it contageous to fellow housemate?...

Whats the best thing you can do for a chest infection?
I mean after going to the doctors at the mo i just have ventolin to breath in what else is sitting on the sofa going to do it better or worse? No activites please i'll have some kind of ...

camie p
What will happen if you take your inhaler to much!?

Heidi B
You can actually overdose and it can make you very sick. If the inhaler has a stimulant in it your heart rate will increase and that can lead to other problems. My mom used her inhaler to much during an asthma attack and she actually caused damage to heart.

tigercub1
you will damage your lungs further and eventually the inhaler will not work for you. inhalers are drugs and prescribed for usually once, twice a day or emergency use. dont overdo the dosage.not only will you have a hard time to get it refilled if you use it up way too soon, however albuterol and other inhalers make you shakey and speed up your heart rate.others contain steroids which can affect your bones and if taken too much you really cant go back to the normal dose when youre running low as your lungs will have an accute flareup of not being able to breathe and you will find yourself in the emergency room. you must treat your inhaler like any other drug and take it as prescribed. the jittery feeling,nausea,rapid heart rate are just a few of the side effects.read all the side effects by googling the drug and after you have read it , you will pretty much decide on your own not to overdose yourself. you are more likely to experience the side effects when you take it with no regard for how it was prescribed.if you are still needing your inhaler more than prescribed, this is a sure sign that you need to speak with your doctor.

chilly bean
I recommend to see your Doctor regarding using your inhaler too much. I used to be on three inhalers due to my asthma. I became too dependent on them. I became unable to breathe on my own without them. I gradually weened myself off them.I started exercises both for my declining health and to be able to exercise my lungs back into better breathing patterns. Today I only use my inhalers when necessary. Which is not often.Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

kitsmom17
Rating
Are you asthmatic?? If you're needing it very frequently for shortness of breath or wheezing, then you need to see your doctor and discuss further options. You shouldn't be using a rescue inhaler (Albuterol, e.g.) more often than a couple of times a week...if you're typically using it more than that, you probably need to be on some type of maintenance medication--an inhaled steroid, for example. This helps keep inflammation down so you're having fewer asthma attacks. If you take your inhaler too much, you get used to the medication and it doesn't seem to work as well...besides the fact that too much Albuterol makes you feel pretty crappy; jittery, heart racing, etc.

isis
my doc warned me against it, said there were cases of heart attacks from it.

Andrew
It wont kill you but it just doesnt make sense to do it to waste your inhaler like that.

Cemre Tas
The inhaler is a medicine spray that goes directly to your lungs, taking it to much can agitate the lungs further, and worsen your condition, dont be stupid and take whats needed and no more.

GRUMPY1LUVS2EAT
Rating
Your body becomes resistant to the benifits of the meds.

dufus61603
Rating
The four hours of relief that you experience diminishes right down to nothing. After that you'll be needing nebulizer treatments wjich will give you up to 6 hours of relief. You abuse that and then you'll be hooked upto a oxygen bottle.

justafan
you will get really shaky and jittery, your heart rate will go up as well, use only as directed, if you need it more than that you need to call your dr

Monte T
It would be like any other overdose, it could be deadly or damage you lungs and heart.

...Melissa...
Rating
Your lungs will be slightly dependent on it

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, December 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy