Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Can you catch pneumonia off other people?
i'm 25weeks pregnant and my husband got admitted into hospital with pneumonia.
I have had a chest infection and severe asthma for the past 2.5 weeks, but seem to be getting better now... <...

What is the desiese called that killed Bernie Mac?
I know its like a type of pnemonia? That starts with a S. but I dunno what it is called. and is it like where bumps are on your lungs? or cells?...

Other method for asthma???
Does anyone know a way i can help control my asthma instead of taking my inhaler all the time and i dont wnat to keep using it.
Any suggestions would help.
Thank ...

Nicotine withdrawal seems to be very troublesome...is there any solution?
I have quit smoking since 15th august 2007. although I
am feeling very fine that i have successfully quit
smoking, Nicotine withdrawal seems to be very
troublesome. I am facing too ...

Is asthma hereditary?
I arguied with someone. I've told him that a father can transmited to his daughter, and a mother to her son. plaese i'm really confused i need help. thank............

Why would someone with a throat problem have ear pain?
What is causing this? and similarly, why would someone with a cold have decreased hearing?...

Can anyone help??
At school we're running a campaign against smoking. Can anyone suggest a name for our group?? ...

What would cause a small child to cough blood?
i'm writing a book and the main character is 8, and constantly has 'attacks' where she coughs blood nad has a pain in her side.
I don't know much about medical stuff, so i ...

Is it serious if you have shortness of breath with stomach acid/indigestion??

What is this lump in my right nostril?
Around two weeks ago I found a lump far up my right nostril. It is located in that area just as the wider part of the nostril tightens. The lump is not sore but hurts if I press it hard. I don't ...

Im not sick... right?
The last few days I've had a runny nose and have been sneezing not stop and I've woken up with a sore throte but the pain doesn't last long after i get up. except today its eighty ...

What does it mean when u cough up blood...?
i did it earlier and it was just 1 spontaneous cough. i feel fine other than that...

umm i dont know if this matters but i am...
a female
black
5'4 1/2
135-...

Been smoking for 36 years, tried Cold turkey,chant ix. Any answers for a longtime smoker?

Why is it that when I wake up I have a sore throat that dissapears after about an hour? Every morning?

Additional Details
Umm... Who said I wanted to loose weight at home? O_O...

I have quit smoking, how long will it take for my lungs to improve?
I smoked for about 6 years, averaging around 10-15 per day. Can anyone shed some light on the time line of my lungs improving? For the first few years I smoked 8mgs then changed to 4mgs.
A...

I breathed in chlorine tablet air help!! im 16
im 16 and we have a pool and our chlorine bucket is in our pool toy bucket and when i opened the lid to get a subskate fumes just shot up my nose and down my throat, it hurt really bad, and i have ...

Last night I had what I think was an asthma attack. Why did the doctor say it was not asthma?
I saw this doctor about 6 months ago with concerns that I may have asthma, but he used a peak flow meter and it was normal, and he said I did not have asthma. he did give me an albuterol inhaler. I ...

One little cigarette...?
This past year was, for me, a year of new experiences with entering college. My life has been a sheltered little hobbit hole...and most people can imagine just wanting to experiment. (what's ...

I quit smoking 2 weeks ago.......?
I've smoked for 5 years and two weeks ago I decided I have to quit. If I die on my family then there screwed, so basically I need to be healthy. How long will it take for my lungs to regenerate ...

Cipro has made me feel sicker!!! I was just diagnosed with a UTI and sinus infection and have been taking Cip
I have been taking the cipro (500 mg a day) for 3 1/2 days now and I have gotten sicker, now its all in my chest and stuff. Should I stop taking it??? Or take it for the full 7 days and see what ...

yasnia
What sickness do I have?
Well, I have sore throat, sometimes burning ears, a low fever, stuffed up nose, some coughing but no mucus just coughing from throat, and sleepiness. Any ideas? I just wanna know to be safe.
Additional Details
Also, there's been a dramatic weather change- from 75 degrees to 60.
Could that be the problem?

kathelainebod
Rating
When I had symptoms like those, it turned out to be strep throat. My doctor prescribed me amoxicillan and zyrtec for the coughing and stuffy nose. Works like a charm as long as you follow the instructions.

~CountryKitten~
I would check with your doctor if you do have a sinus infection left untreated can turn into chest congestion believe me . i had a sinus infection for about a moth kept thinking it was allergies. finally went to see the doc and i had bronchitis.If its something in your environment look around. What types of pillows do you have alot of people have reactions to feather pillows . hope you feel better.

agendaite2003
Well it would depend on your environment and if you have been around someone that is sick.

Go to the doctor. It really is the only way to know what you have.

Jenblossom
It is very possibly sinus related.
The symptoms you listed lead me to believe this.
Have you tried Benadryl? Or any allergy meds?

I like Advil Cold and Allergy. It also has a fever reducer.
Most the time allergies won't cause a fever. It could even be a viral illness, in which case the docs do not give antibiotics!

As long as you do not have a green or yellow mucus discharge you usually do not need antibiotics.
Hope you get feeling better real soon!

ONE! :))
conscience infection!!! i knew that i studied about that....same symptoms! hurry you were about to die....

jessica c
sinus infection

yellowskiing
Rating
Have you been checked for allergies? When I have an allergic reaction I feel like I have a fever, sometimes my ears get red, all I want to do is sleep and sometimes I cough. Sometimes it is the additives in the food I eat and sometimes from outside things like pollen. I would check with my g.p. or ask a pharmacist to recommend an innocuous antihistamine to try in a very small dose. If it works in 20 minutes, you can bet you have allergies.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy