Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

73yrsold, smoked 4 60, breathing difficult, no appetite, lethargic, shadow on chest xray.. what could this be?

Persistent dry cough?
i have had a persistent dry cough for about a week. just wondering if anyone had any tips. i have tried cough drops, allergy and cold medicine... yadda yadda yadda.....

Smoking with astma !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
my son has astma but continues to smoke 5-10 ciggrettes day how will this effect his health thank ...

What's wrong with me?
Every night when I'm sleeping i either stop breathing or i find it difficult to breathe (as in i find it hard to take in air) Does anyone else have this problem and do you know what causes this?<...

Lou Gehrig's disease?
Who is Lou Gehrig, What is Lou Gehrig's Disease and what does it do to people who have it?...

Smoking making me sick?
been smoking for 6 months & i think it's making me sick. i'm hocking up green **** all the time & it sux thinking of quitting!!

dose smoking make u sick??...

Quitting smoking creates anger! How to calm someone?
So my stepdad quit smoking recently,good for him. However, he's always on edge because of withdrawls! Angry at the slightest things! Is there anything he can do to calm down and stop acting like ...

My ear is plugged and was draining clear fluid but i have no pain but my ear is swelled in the ear cannal ?

Question about bronchitis, body soreness, tingling & numbness on one side?
I have had bronchitis as well as a cold for about two weeks. Already went to the doctor, no antibiotics. I have been coughing up lots of green/brown mucus. Lots of coughing.

For the ...

To smoke weed or not?
like seriosly
im super smart guy and no one seems to appreciate me
why dont u just go smoke a blut n join the cool kids ...

Why do we flinch when we sleep?
what i have noticed latley is when people sleep they tend to flinch randomly. Could this be a sign of sleep apnea and the bodys way so saying breathe?...

Which is the brand of cigarettes most preferred by Canadians?

Additional Details
The name sounds F...

What would happen if you leave sleep apnea untreated if it doesn't bother anyone in the house? Can't use CPAP

How do you get rid of a cold fast?
I have a cold.
Stuffy nose, sore throat, coughing.

But I have a huge class trip across the country in less than 5 days and I want this cold GONE!

Does anybody know any ...

How to smoke?
What is the proper/cool way to hold a cigarette/smoke it/flick it?...

How can I clean the weed out of my system fast. I smoked it a few two days ago.?

Additional Details
well as soon i smoked some, i got a call the day after for job interview. I need a clean urine test to get the job....

Ear pain with sinusitis?
I have chronic sinusitis but everytime it flares up i feel pain in my inner ears, i mean if you took a line and drew it from my outside ear towards the inside of my head then the pain would be at the ...

Is there any good way to quit smoking that's free and don't u dare tell me cold turkey?

Is a prescripton needed to purchase the machine that helps you sleep and breathe at night for sleep apnea?

Acute Bronchitis?
What's the best and cheapest treatment for Acute Bronchitis?...

Pat _
What is this annoying cough i have?
I had recently got over a Cold. However this was a different kind of cold. First it started with the WORST Soar throat that I had in my life! It hurt pretty bad every time i swallowed. I had runny nose, Ichy and watery eyes. My Eyes were bloodshoot a pretty bad! (never had that happend to me when sick) . After about 1 week I got over all those symtoms. However I was left with the most annoying cough ever! This cough does not scratch or hurt my throat at all. Sounds very bad when i cough but I feel fine. Im a NoN smoker!! What is this?? How can I help my body get rid of it??

angry fans
Rating
anti tussive

Caiman94941
Rating
Try Mullien, go to a local health food store and ask for it, Its usually
sold as a sub lingual liquid, you use a dropper to put it under your
tongue for 15-20 seconds. It tastes kinda green grassy but not
too bad and it works wonders on lingering coughs. I had one
that lasted for over a month and it got so bad that my ribs hurt,
my bladder was shot and I was going crazy. My sister recommended the mullien and now I keep some around just in
case. Just use it often, like every time you have a coughing
spasm, soon they will slow down and eventually be gone.

goldlust74
yes thats a cold. it will eventually go.

Kali
So, the real question is, are you hacking up any interesting colors with this cough of yours? Yellow is not good, and green or brown is definitely a trip to the Dr. How about that sore throat last week? Was it cause by Streptococcus? You know, I had pneumonia once (diagnosed by a sputum specimen that I provided to the lab), and I felt fine except for that cough- of course my chest muscles hurt from all the hacking. And, I am a smoker. You never know what you got till you open the package. If you've got health insurance, use it. If not, make sure you don't have any trouble breathing, or start coughing up thick nasty brown stuff (or green). Meanwhile keep up with the fluids, it will help liquefy the secretions in your lungs and assist you to get them out of where they should not be. If it gets worse, go to the county hospital and give a fake name if you can't pay. Seriously, I have no problem with my tax dollars going to help people feel better.

momof3
Sounds like something that my entire family have gone thru, and we were told that it was a virus, and nothing we could take except ride it out... We have passed it back and forth for over a month now, and where I have Primary Pulmonary Hypertension, (pph) my doc put me on Levaquin as a precaution --- Good luck w/fighting it off

parijat
Rating
Cough is caused by a number of ailments.
It can be treated by over the counter medicines
or home remedies. More information available
at http://ailments.in/cough.html

cpinatsi
Rating
1st. Don't use anti-tussives. They don't let the liquid come out of your lungs.
2nd. Is the cough dry or wet? Do you feel like a thick liquid is moving in your chest when you cough? If so, buy an expectorant syrup to help the liquid get out. Also you might need an antibiotic, so have a doctor hear your cough.
If it is a dry cough, it will pass in 2-3 days, take some pastilles for your throat+ honey and tea, if it doesn't stop go to the doctor.
3. Bottom line is: dry cough=pastilles, wet cough=expectorant syrup, both = go to the doctor if it doesn't stop in 2-3 days to get antibiotic.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy