Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Why is my daughter killing herself slowly?
I am allergic to cats and particularly my daughter's exotic cat, Harvey. I get itchy and sneezing, runny sinuses and have harder time breathing in her trailer because of that cat as near as I ...

I am taking prednisone for a week due to asthma. What is one definite side effect when taking this drug ?

Can doctors tell you smoke?!?
I haven't even been smoking a year and I don't even go through a pack a week. I only have like 3-4 a day. Are they going to be able to tell cuz I don't want my mom and dad finding out I...

Asthma help?
okay my 15 yr old daughter has asthma, my question is is there anything that can help her when she has a sudden asthma attack. and she has no meds ...

Can a head cold lead to a sinus infection?

Anyone love beer?
I just started drinking beer at 50 and just LOVE the soothing way it goes down and the fact that it is a social drink and I can just sip on it and not get drunk. It fills me up enough but gets my ...

My cousin has abug that the doctors cant find he is really in a bad way?
HEwent to hospital with a high blood pressure then things went down hill from there he had a blood infection water infection some thing wrong with his kidneys and liver then they come to the ...

I am sick what will make me feel better?
i have a stopped up nose a cough and a sore throat my docter prescribed amoxicillin but i feel like i am gonna die what can i do to feel ...

Quitting smoking?
I have been trying to quit but my grandma is a 4 pack a day smoker so I can never get away from it. how can I quit?? thanx
Additional Details
I live with my grandma btw...I'm 13 ...

When people faint (and are unconscious) are they still breathing?

Doesoverweighit cause shortness of breath?

How do I get rid of my cold fast?
I just got a cold and I dont want it for Christmas. What can I do? No medicines, I can ONLY take tynenol. I just rested, had soup, Airborne (for school)....

Kid with asthma?
My son got dianogsed with asthma a year ago and now he is six. Well he is on 4 meds every day...Sungular, Clariatan, Nasonax and Pulmicort. He went to the doctor yesterday and had to get 2 breathing ...

Is hospital negligent?
A elderly female<hx of COPD> develops severe chest pain and sees her PMD> PMD immediately admits her to hospital and leaves on vacation<pt brought to second floor> placed on oxygen and ...

I may have sleep apnea I see my doc in 2 days-If I go on a cpap?
how soon do you get relief from day drowsiness?...

Why is this getting worse?
My friend's party had a lot of weed and smoking. i didn't smoke anything,but now my chest is REALLY starting to hurt. And my throat is feeling scratchy and getting hard to swallow. What do ...

Panic attacks?
i had one the other day i really thought i was dying i have seen my gp he would not give me nothing because i have astma i never had nothing like this and i never whant this again i have read many ...

I have been wheezing for 8 weeks. Went to MD. Still sick. Go back?
This is the 8th week that I have had wheezing, shortness of breath, adventitious breath sounds. I went to the MD and got an albuterol neb, an inhaler, and antibiotics. Just finished the antibiotics ...

What is a good home remedy for expelling a Cheerio from one's lung?
I feel as though a Cheerio is stuck in my lung, but I don't know if that's my real problem; eating breakfast can be a complex task for me....

How can youget rid of congestion without having to use a product?
whats a home ...

PRAVEEN D P
What is the difference between antibiotic and an antibody?

payel
antibiotic is mainly refered to some kind of molecule or substance and more often a drug which effectively inhibits the growth of a microbe that tries to grow inside our body or some animals body and it is generally administered from outside whereas antibody is a self synthesized molecule by the body which is very specific against a foreign substance when it enters the body and it is a part of our own immune system.

gangadharan_nair
Rating
An antibiotic is a drug that kills or prevents the growth of bacteria. They have no effect against viruses or fungal infections.
An antibody or immunoglobulin is a large Y-shaped protein used by the immune system to identify and neutralize foreign objects like bacteria and viruses.
Please see the web pages for more details on Antibiotics and Antibody.

curious
antibodies are inside ur body whih fight against the germs to keep us healthy....... weras antibiotic is an external supply (medicine) to strenthen ur body against any viral germs

iain4rangers
Rating
An Antibiotic is a drug used to fight off an infection, and antibody is a protein compound your body manufactures in response to a foreign object in your body, this can be tissue related or a virus. Is we produce antibodies to cold and flu viruses, where as we take an antibiotic to fight bacterial infections. Antibiotics do not work against viruses and we do not produce antibodies to bacteria. Antibiotics usually work by breaking down the cell wall of the bacteria disabling their ability to reproduce, viruses are less complex and do not have a true cell wall so we produce an antibody against their DNA, and eventually stop them from reproducing as well.

KarlYKT
To make if simple, antibodies are what your body produces to combat an infection whether bacterial or viral while an antibiotic is a substance taken in either through IV, orally, topically, etc. that is used to fight an infection.

Michel C
I know an antibody is something your bodies produces itself to fight off viruses

Read the other answers for antibiotic, seems I was wrong for that one

nutti_chick
Rating
Antibodies travel round your body and produce antigens to kill a cold or whatever is wrong with you.

and an antibiotic is like a boost for your antigens.. it means that your antigens might not have the right "code" to kill the cold so the antibiotic just helps it make more

hope i helped

ushasri254
Rating
A type of protein made by plasma cells (a type of white blood cell) in response to an antigen (foreign substance). Each antibody can bind to only one specific antigen. The purpose of this binding is to help destroy the antigen. Antibodies can work in several ways, depending on the nature of the antigen. Some antibodies destroy antigens directly. Others make it easier for white blood cells to destroy the antigen. Antibiotic is a chemical substance produced by microorganism which has the capacity to inhibit the growth of or kill other microorganisms, used to treat infectious diseases.

BOA
Molecules in the blood or secretory fluids that tag, destroy, or neutralize bacteria, viruses, or other harmful toxins (see Antigens). They are members of a class of proteins known as immunoglobulins, which are produced and secreted by B lymphocytes in response to stimulation by antigens. An antibody is specific to an antigen. below are some anitbodies.
Control Immunoglobulin Antibodies
p53 Network Antibodies
Alzheimer's Disease Antibodies
Anthrax Antibodies
Apoptosis Antibodies
Avian Influenza Antibodies
Chemokine Antibodies
Cytokine Antibodies
Dengue Virus Antibodies
Down's Syndrome Antibodies
Growth Factor Antibodies
Hepatitis B Virus Antibodies
Herpes Antibodies
HIV Antibodies and HIV Related Antibodies
Homeostasis Antibodies
Huntington's Disease Antibodies
Immunology Antibodies
Innate Immunity Antibodies
Neurobiology Antibodies
Obesity Antibodies
Parkinson's Disease Antibodies
Phospho-Specific Antibodies
SARS Antibodies and SARS Receptor Antibodies
Signal Transduction Antibodies
Toll-like Receptor (TLR) Related Antibodies
Virus Related Antibodies
West Nile Virus Antibodies

Medicines created using microbes or fungi that are weakened and taken into the body to destroy harmful bacteria.
Drugs used to treat infection.Drugs that fight infection caused by bacteria. Antibiotic drugs include amikacin, amoxicillin (amoxicillin-clavulanic acid), ceftriaxone, ciprofloxacin, clarithromycin, imipenem, metronidazole, novobiocin, penicillin, tetracycline, and trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, July 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy