Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What does passive smoking mean?
What does passive smoking mean?
Additional Details
Im getting different answers... which one is right?!?!...

Why does he kept on looking at my chest?

Is there any one who could tell me where in China a heat transplant is carried out?
i would aprreciate it , if you know an address of e-mail or website ....

Please help!! Sore throat :(?
I woke up this morning with an awful sore throat! :(
I have plans for the whole weekend & I don't want to be feeling like this! Does anyone know anything that will help me quickly?!

Gerd what can i do?

Does anyone use Nyquil Medicine to just sleep?
Does anyone know anyone who uses Nyquil Medicine to just sleep? And if they do, is it harmful? and also, if its ok to just use it to use it to sleep for just 5 hrs?...

Will moving to the seaside sort out my constant mucus hacking?
I don't smoke, eat healthily, not much dairy, exercise regularly, etc. But over the last few years I have to hack up mucus every few hours. The mornings are worst and I find my self wretching ...

A bit of red or blood phlegm in throat cough, itzit normal?
i been coughing very badly for the past few days.. itzit cancer??...

How does a asthma attack happen?
reason im asking is im doing a play for school to raise awarness of childrens diseases and to educate people on how to handle them and my character has a asthma attack and i dont have asthma so i ...

Anyone around who knows about asthma???
hi guys.....

doctors always prescribing me salbutomol inhalers were u have to press done to get the mist however when im in a coughing fit its quite hard to get relief.....has any asthma ...

How can we cure asthma? if it happens to kids. What is immediate releif for it is allopathay is best for it.?

What are the symptoms of pneumonia?
my 10 yr old complains of tight chest and was sleeping all day yesterday threw up yesterday 3 times and is having trouble at times moving around
Additional Details
he had a lowgrade ...

What is pleurisy?

I am a runner and I sneeze badly after a race and continue for about three days. What can I do about it?

Sometimes giving oxygen to a patient can be deadly-when is that a problem?

Do asthma attacks always kill without medication, or can it get better by itself?
I thought that all asthma was relative to the individual and that not all bronchiospasms were severe. Is it possible to have an attack or have asthma, and not take your meds, and have it all return ...

Shouldn't we be doing something productive besides sitting at a computer all day?
Its Christmas, get out and do something!!!
Additional Details
no, i spend too much time at computer....

If someone has emphysema....?
If someone has emphysema, then has a heart attack will placing stents in the blocked arteries help blood flow to the lungs and allow breathing to be better? Are will that not make that big of a ...

Something is stuck in my throat or wind pipe?
I feel like there is something stuck in my throat.
like it doesn't hurt or anything but i can feel it.
when i sleep i can't feel it. I tried spraying some
soar throat stuff ...

I just started smoking, why does my chest hurt?
I've been smoking for about a month or so now. Today i smoked about 2 and a half parliaments today....

wowanpalauan
What is adenovirus?

°manika°
Rating
i hope this link can help...

http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/infections/lung/adenovirus.html

Muthu S
Rating
Adeno-virus which produces upper respiratory infections and sore throats and can cause fatal pneumonia in infants.

ozoneslim
Rating
Definition:

virus that infects humans: a virus that causes respiratory infections in humans

Why don't you look it up on your own? Are you computer literate or just lazy!

tmuthiah
Adenoviruses are medium-sized (90–100 nm), nonenveloped icosahedral viruses containing double-stranded DNA. There are over 51 different serotypes in humans, which are responsible for 5–10% of upper respiratory infections in children, and many infections in adults as well.

For further details , please go through the following link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenovirus

Zayd
Rating
A group of viruses that infect the membranes (tissue linings) of the respiratory tract, the eyes, the intestines, and the urinary tract, adenoviruses account for about 10% of acute respiratory infections in children and are a frequent cause of diarrhea

matador89
A group of viruses that infect the membranes (tissue linings) of the respiratory tract, the eyes, the intestines, and the urinary tract, adenoviruses account for about 10% of acute respiratory infections in children and are a frequent cause of diarrhoea. Once a child is exposed to adenovirus, symptoms can develop from 2 days to 2 weeks later. Adenoviral illnesses often resemble certain bacterial infections, which can be treated with antibiotics. But antibiotics don't work against viruses. To diagnose the true cause of the symptoms so that proper treatment can be prescribed, your child's doctor may want to test a sample of respiratory or conjunctival secretions, a stool specimen, or blood or urine sample - depending on what condition is being considered. In most cases, a child's body will get rid of the virus over time. Because antibiotics are of no use in treating a viral infection, you should simply try to make your child more comfortable. Don't give any over-the-counter (OTC) cold remedies or cough medicines without checking with your child's doctor. There has recently been a recall on many of these as there is a danger for small children. You can use acetaminophen to treat a fever; however, do not give aspirin because of the risk of Reye syndrome, a life-threatening illness. If your child has diarrhea or is vomiting, increase fluid intake and check with the doctor about giving an oral rehydration solution to prevent dehydration. To relieve the symptoms of conjunctivitis, use warm compresses and a topical eye ointment or drops if your child's doctor recommends them. Most adenoviral infections last from a few days to a week. Severe respiratory infections may last longer and cause lingering symptoms, such as a cough. Pneumonia can last anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks. In cases of pharyngoconjunctival fever, sore throat and fever may disappear within a week, but conjunctivitis can persist for another several days to a week. The more severe keratoconjunctivitis can even last for several weeks. Adenovirus can also cause diarrhea that lasts up to 2 weeks, which is longer than other viral diarrheas. You know your child best. If he or she appears to be severely ill, don't hesitate to call your child's doctor right away.
I add a link for this subject and one with details of the recall for cough and cold medications for your interest.

http://www.cdc.gov/
ncidod/dvrd/revb/
respiratory/eadfeat.htm

http://www.resource4thepeople.
com/defectivedrugs/coldand
cough.html

Hope this helps
matador 89

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy