Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How do you treat a sinus infection at home...?
That's what I think it is anyways, sinuses have been clogged, headache, fever, pain in my eyes, and what come out taste like it's rotting (I know, disgusting), and I have a slight cough. <...

Could swollen tonsils cause nose bleeding and snoring?

Where is pleural fluid located?

Pneumonia?
My friend is 13 years old and she has pneumonia..Im really worried about her, Do most 13 year old die when they have pneumonia

Help me.. im worrying to much!...

My lungs keep hurting...should I be worried?
Ok, well, I am only 13. Starting about the beginning of the summer, I felt this sharp pain in my heart. However, it is developing on both sides. So, I am thinking it is my lungs, and not my heart. I ...

Bad cough and fever?
I have this really deep cough. It sometimes brings up that yellowish/white goopy stuff (i forget what its called). I have a fever of 100.2 and I've been like this for a about a week and it seems ...

Are you cold?
Im freeeezzzzziiinng!! I think i may turn into an ice lolly at some point this morning.

I hate this bloodyy English weather!

I cant sleep because of it! :O...

I cant breathe good...?
i cant breathe well...i believe i should go to the hospital but i do not have insurance... i also have a heart murmour and i dont know if that has to do with anything but this is a horrible feeling......

Why is TB (tuberculosis) so unknown not recognised in the uk?, even though it?
can be a fatal disease and the effects on the individual are very painful in every aspect. Are there any runs or charities that show these people that they are aknowledged and supported? if not or ...

Is there anybody who even knows what cistic fibrosis is?

Smokers and ex-smokers......?
I have been a smoker for about hmmmmmm, 16 years now. I am really wanting to quit.... I am sick of waking up choking every morning, and huffing and puffing walking up stairs!!!!!
I have tried to ...

I have a question about my breathing?
ive have been feeling like i need to take deep breaths and i cant and i cant stop yawning and sometimes i try to and i cant its so annoying
is this something serious??? do i need to go to the ...

Why is it called smoking?
That black costume?...

If you had pneumonia, do you end up with permanent scarring on your lungs?
and if so is there any danger of further damage to the lungs,
would stopping smoking have any effect, or does it make no ...

Can't stop coughing after cold?
I just had a cold for about 3 days, and it's really starting to clear up, but the only problem is that I can't stop coughing and cough medicine/drops do not help at all. It feels dry when I ...

If i have asthma can i go bungee jumping, or will i lose my breath?

My 4 year old cant breath propley!?
when she was born her right side of her nose was squashed and still is if its quiet you can her her its really loud and at night she dont like going to sleep and when she does she wakes up early ...

When you cough up phlegm is it ok to swallow it?
I mean it feels as though you are just putting it back where it came from but really it came from lungs right and if swallowed it will go into your stomach... right?...

What sickness do I have?
Well, I have sore throat, sometimes burning ears, a low fever, stuffed up nose, some coughing but no mucus just coughing from throat, and sleepiness. Any ideas? I just wanna know to be safe.
A...

I am taking a meds to fight a bacterial infection. How can i replace the good bacteria being destroyed?

vahid v
What is Ulcerative Colitis ؟!؟!?
please help me !!
what is Ulcerative Colitis ؟!؟!

Erika H
Rating
Ulcerative Colitis is (along with Crohns Disease) an Inflammatory Bowel disease, in which segments of the digestive track become inflamed and can form lesions (ulcers). It can happen anywhere along the digestive track but is most common in the intestines. Symptoms include diarrhea, bloody stool, abdominal pain, frequent urge to have a bowel movement, nausea, weight loss, etc.
it is characterized by periods of flare-ups and remission and is treatable. Although some patients opt to have a colostomy as pain relief, this is generally a last-resprt method: there are plenty of medicines and therapies to try beforehand

slw182
It's not a respritory disease. It's an inflamation of the colon. My brother has it. It causes him to have bloody diareah and stomach pains. He goes to the bathroom atleast 6 times a day and spends an hour each time.

s_a_b_t
There are these diseases of gut called Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. These include two diseases called
1. Ulcerative Colitis and
2. Crohn's Disease

Patients with certain genetic defects end up having these diseases. Their immunty, that is the defence system of the body, starts fighting against the body itself; and in this disease, it is the gut. It is also thought, that at certain point in life, certain things, not really known yet, trigger this disease.

These two diseases: Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis (UC), are almost the same. There are few differences. UC involves large bowel, the part towards the end, mostly. It starts from below. Crohn's does not necessarily does so.

Ulcerative colitis is what its name is. There are ulcers in the gut, and the gut, called colon, becomes inflammed (-itis, meaning inflammed). There are a multiple things happening. Bloody stools, tummy cramps, diarrhoea, nausea, loss of appetite, weight loss, tiredness. The starvation of the body, as the gut can't absorb enough food keeps the body weak.

The treatment of UC invloves taking medicines:
-Something to relieve the pain, for example anti-diarrhoeals and pain-relieving meds.
-Something to calm down the immunity system going crazy and anti-inflammatories, they are immunosuppressants and steroids.
-Sometimes, stronger meds are needed, that can cause strong side-effects.
-In worse cases, surgery is also needed.

This is just a glimpse to Ulcerative Colitis...

robertman30s
Rating
holes in the colon
sorry for the answer but yes....... the big intestine sometimes got so hurt that develops ulcers in certain areas , check in the net crowns disease ...

steven_p_ohio
Ulcerative colitis is a disease that causes inflammation and sores, called ulcers, in the lining of the rectum and colon. Ulcers form where inflammation has killed the cells that usually line the colon, then bleed and produce pus. Inflammation in the colon also causes the colon to empty frequently, causing diarrhea.

slhanvey
Rating
It's a type of inflammatory bowel disease. Not very pleasant. You'll know you've got it if you have diarrhea and blood.

ES-335
Rating
Ulcerative colitis (Colitis ulcerosa, UC) is a form of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Ulcerative colitis is a form of colitis, a disease of the intestine, specifically the large intestine or colon, that includes characteristic ulcers, or open sores, in the colon. The main symptom of active disease is usually diarrhea mixed with blood, of gradual onset. Ulcerative colitis is, however, a systemic disease that affects many parts of the body outside the intestine.

al_ide
Not a respiratory disease.
It's a disease of the large intestine(colon), causing ulceration. Hence the name.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulcerative_colitis for more

Bapo
Rating
A disease of the intestines. Associated with inflammation of the intestines, abdominal pain, bloody stools... It is closely related to Crohn's disease. It is a very common disease. Lots of info. on U.C. on WebMD.

ledorkii
Rating
Ulcerative colitis is a disease that causes inflammation and sores, called ulcers, in the lining of the rectum and colon. Ulcers form where inflammation has killed the cells that usually line the colon, then bleed and produce pus. Inflammation in the colon also causes the colon to empty frequently, causing diarrhea.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, April 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy