Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Track+Asthma___help+tips?
I'm some what frustrated. I've had asthma since i was a kid, and last year was the first time i was physicallly active. I ran track. Man, it was hard. But i tried my best, i even won ...

Is smoking weed wrong?

My grandma is sleeping for 3 days without waking up how is this possible?
She's breathing and her blood's circulatting but when you talk to her or touch her she open's her eyes and then goes back to sleep.
Additional Details
My dads taking her ...

How do you help your boyfriend stop smoking?????
My boyfriend has been smoking for atleast a year. But I have told him to stop smoking. He has tried to stop but then he goes right back and smokes some more. He has asthma so my mom, his mom, friends ...

Why does my baby keep getting pneumonia?
my son is 2 and he has had pneumonia 3 times.
should i be testing him for systic ...

How Health-Hazardous Is Inhaling Spray Paint?
My nose has been bleeding for 3 days.

Working on art...not an addiction....

Does anyone know any home remedies for asthma?

What is CPR in audibles? Is it cardiac, pulse and respiration?

Are black and milds just as bad or worse than a regular cigarettes?

I need an new inhaler and I don't have a insurance or a doctor.?
Is there a way for me to get an inhaler with out a perscription?...

Smoker's opinion?
my man says that smoking clears his sinuses. how is this possible since smoking leaves tar and dirt ( no offence) in a person's lungs? just asking lol. thanks for any help....

Is there anybody like me?
I mean i was born with the premature disease of birth called RSV and i actually survived but it came at a price,my lungs.
I've had many lung diseases like:brochiolitus,bronchidus,pneumonia,...

How long should you wait before seeing a doctor if you think you have a lung blood clot?
I have an appointment in about 2 weeks should i just wait to see my doctor or should i go to see the doctor as soon as possible?
Additional Details
Well i had a sharp stabbing pain last ...

I have a sinus infection & double ear infection. 2 rounds of antibiotics haven't worked what else could it bea
have swelling of eye,ringing in ears,joint pain with weakness. Can't seem to get warm....

Is the congestion charge a bad thing?

Why would a doctor prescribe allergy meds for a sinus infection?
Wouldn't they suppress the ability of the immune system to fight the infection just a bit?
The meds are zyrtec and fluticasone propionate nasal spray.
Additional Details
L...

Which is worst pneumonia or the flu? My daughter was diagnosed with pnuemonia 2xs last year?
and was sent home both times? What's the deal?...

How can i stop smoking?
please im thirteen i want help because i dont want to ruin my body any more i smoke about 3-5 smokes a day please help
Additional Details
im 13 i smoke 3-5 smokes a day and don't ...

When having an sinus infection do u feel pressure in the back of your head, or in your head period?

What does it mean when a woman is told she carries the gene for Cystic Fibrosis?

Angeliz
What does c.o.p.d desease mean & how serious is it?
also can it be controlled with natural remedy's.

bobbylips
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, is Emphysema. Very serious, usually resulting in death. There are treatments, but it's not a curable disease.

terry
C.O.P.D means constructive obs ruction pulmonary disorder usually you can use inhalers tablets but natural remedy's are hard to find.

minx64
COPD is short for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease....a few conditions fall under this...asthma,emphysema.....once you have it you have it...you can lessen the symptoms by not smoking,losing weight if your overweight and other things...Im not sure if it can be controlled naturally...all COPDers Ive treated usually get breathing treatments and some are bad enough that they are intubated so I breath for them (using a BVM or venturi)....

still
Rating
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease

Check out the web-site

orangenyellow_roses
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease is a broad spectrum term meaning your lungs are damaged. It's "chronic" which means you have to live with it, it's not gonna go away, you just have to treat the symptoms. Emphysema, chronic bronchitis, pulmonary fibrosis, are all examples of this type of lung disease. They aren't curable. Symptoms can be managed with meds and inhalers, and sometimes and o2 tank is needed at home if it's bad enough.

jamie5511
Rating
chronic bstructive pulmonary disease:
A progressive lung disease process characterized by difficulty breathing, wheezing, and a chronic cough. Complications include bronchitis, pneumonia, and lung cancer.

martian
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease is what the letters stand for. It is serious as often the most important Oxygen exchange cells are scarred or blocked so they cannot carry out their work and the person then survives on less oxygen and energy reserves. Smoking is one culprit, so good to stop if so, but takes a few years for full benefits from stopping. Frequent chest infections can also set this up. Sometimes moving to a new locale can help as different triggers. Generally try to keep fit by moderate exercise and healthy diet, without too much fat and balance in your life. Can live a long time if take care.

Tonya L
Rating
chronic obstructive pulmonary disease--yes it is very serious. I do not know about natural remedies. Most copders use Spiriva. If you beleive you have COPD then you should see a doctor right away. It will be hard to contrl without meds. Check out lungusa.org for information on the dsiease and support groups.

*MRS* *WHEEZY*
Everyone is right, it is Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, a catch all for emphysema, chronic bronchitis and asthma.

It is serious but not necessarily a death sentence. While it can be treated, it cannot be cured. With good medical care and monitoring ..it is possible to slow the progression of the disease.

I don't know if it can be controlled with natural remedies. I, myself, am on Prednisone, Spiriva, Advair 250/50 and Xopenex via nebulizer 4 times a day as needed.
I would be afraid to try any natural remedies because of the seriousness of COPD.

Your Pulmonologist or Dr probably needs to do a Pulmonary Function test. Mine revealed a 58% lung capacity. Except for alot of shortness of breath..I still hold down a full time job--it is :however, a sit down job. There is some housework I cannot do and there are times...when just getting ready for work tires me out and leaves me breathless.

You will also notice that any respiratory virus that goes around will inevitably find it's way to you and go straight down into your chest...so if it is possible....avoid those who are sick.

Most importantly---listen to your body. If you are short of breath..it is saying slow down and take it easy... Learn Pursed Lip breathing and get to the Dr at the first sign of a respiratory bug...there is nothing worse than ending up in the hospital with pneumonia or an exacerbation of COPD.

~~Good Luck~~

Here is a link to COPD International.
You might want to check the msg boards here, you can learn alot.

http://www.copd-international.com/

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, August 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy