Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Anyone know what I have?
It first started with a terrible sore throat late at night a few days ago. Then came the cough which is getting worse. Then I had a bad stuffed nose and as disgusting as it sounds, the mucus is ...

Whats the best way of giving up smoking?
is it best to give up gradually, use nicotine patches/gum etc ...

Im a heavy smoker how can i protect my computer?
i smoke what can i do to protect my ...

How can you stop someone snoring?

How many women sleep with a snorer?
And if it sn't snoring its some other god forsaken bloody noise? To be honest, i've had enough. It's been so long since i got a good sleep that i'm permanently ratty and ...

My father has a bad habit, "smoking".I want to close this bad habit .Please,give me some idea to work it.

Quitting Smoking?
If smoking takes 20 years off your life, then when you quit, do you get that 20 back, or is it a case of damage done, no repair?...

Can a 11 year old smoke
my daughter wants to ...

I have cut down my smoking, from 20 a day, down to 8 a day...??!?
sometimes 5 a day instead.
but all of a sudden have got a terrible chesty cough, bringing up greem phlem(sorry, cant spell it).
Is this because i have cut the ciggies down?
Will it get ...

Which Cigarette is better?
Which Cigarette is better Benson & Hedges Gold, Camel Filters, Marlboro Red,...

What is a heart mermer?
does everybody get it?...

Im scared...i cant breathe...and it all started off as a cold...help!?
ok i had a lil sore throat a lil runny nose...but now i have a huge sore throat, my chest hurts and its hard to breathe, my nose is so clogged up with....well ya i dont wanna get their...ive lost my ...

I'm addicted to air. Please help?
I'm addicted to inhaling the air conditioning in the car right from the air vents. Don't ask me why. I'm scared this could damage my lungs one day. What should I do to resist it ...

My throat is red, swollen and has white spots on it but it doesn't really hurt. What could it be?
My tonsils are red, swollen, has bumps on them and there are lots of white spots. My throat doesn't really hurt anymore, it did before but it doesn't really anymore it just feels tight and ...

Cigarettes?
ok so i smoke cigarettes
newports
djarum black
or Marlboro smooths
but my friend smokes this thin really skinny and large cigarettes and i really liked them but i forgot what they ...

I have been coughing since March. Why? Pease help.?
I had a really bad cold in March of this year when I lived at school (dorm room) and as usual, figured it would go away. It hasn't, and I am home, in a different environment, experiencing the ...

What causes recurring nosebleeds?
My nose has been bugging me for weeks, but the second week, I started having regular nosebleeds. Now its up to multiple nosebleeds a day. My doc says it's allergies and put me on Claritin and ...

Just given up smoking?
any suggestions on how to get rid of that feeling that i've lost something....

Has anyone stopped smoking and actually been happy about it?
i have given up, cut down etc, but i was never happy with the thoughts of never ever having just one when i wanted, so are smokers or ex smokers ever happy when they decide to give up, or do they ...

Constant asthma attacks?
I do not understand what is causing them, i take my preventative medicine every day and strangely one night i am fine the next i am up through out the night to take my emegancy inhaler, which makes ...

I Am Seth
What causes a sharp pain on my chest area, like when I exhale it hurts more. What could that be?

jeld
When I get that pain, I have my son pop my back because
it feel like I have a rib poking my lungs. And believe it
or not It puts that rib right back into place and I can
breath freely again. Weird but it works for me.

Jersey Style
Rating
try www.webmd.com

babydrama2003
Rating
You can have heart burn or a Upper Respiratory Infection.

PeachyFixation
Heartburn, go to a doctor to get it checked out, and watch what you eat!

tiny
Rating
hi..u might have cought cold..

(wanna chat??)

ali_dahesh2000
u could be suffering from stress or fatigue try drinking water sweetened with sugar alot of sugar

sleepless_in_ny2000
If it's something that goes away after a big inhale, it could be what I have:
Pleural chest pains...
When the pleura(sack surrounding the lung) loses that liquid barrier, and sticks to your lung, a quick, deep inhalation should make it go away...atleast, that's what my dr. told me...

bmahov
Have you done anything that may have cracked or broken a rib?

laneacowgirl...........
Rating
heartach or cold or food caught in you that did not go done.

jdensfor
Rating
Broken rib?

healthprof
Rating
pleurisy, costochondritis, intercostal muscle strain, rib fracture, thoracic disc problem, lung cancer............

ironmonkeyz
Rating
stop smoking it worked for me.

Messdeck Annie
Rating
It could be any number of things, such as pericarditis, pneumonia, pleurisy, etc. The only way you will know is to see your doctor and he may recommend x-rays and other tests.

However, the site below has more information on pain in the chest when exhaling. Hope that helps, but I would suggest going to see your doctor.

Quentin Grzyb
Have you been working out in the gym? Most people who work out usually experience pain in the body or chest. When you are fatigue from exercising or coughing hard. Your chest might be hurting.

coconut
Rating
I get that too. I think it may be pinched nerves. This is normal. What you do to get rid of it is stretch your arms way above your head and arch your back taking slow breaths. Good Luck!

marky1967
You are probably thinking it is a heart attack or something serious but it could be the start of a back pain. For some reason on the exact other side of the ribcage if you have put your back out it can feel like chest pains. After a few days the pain retreats to the back. Strange I realise but I have had that before after strenuous sports.

Regardless, you should consult your doctor to see what the problem is.

coca_cola_kid_2006
Rating
Sounds to me like heartburn. But if it continues go see your doctor.

nicgumis5
Rating
you may have asthma. Also a strain muscle can produce sharp pain.

freepilot69
Rating
Always best to seek medical advice from an md but if you can make pain better or worse by breathing, it might just be a pulled muscle. if you lifted anything or worked out recently, that could be it

littlemary000
sounds like a pulled chest muscle, have you been recently sick and coughed a lot? you should see your doctor for a CORRECT evaluation!

heartache
a number of things, gas, angina, pulled muscle, see a doctor and check out webmd.com for symptoms

Victor ious
It could be anything from Pleurisy (not sure about the spelling) to a cracked rib. Pleurisy is when you cough so hard it raises a kind of blistered area on your lungs and as you breath, its like rubbing sandpaper across it causing a sharp pain.

I once sneezed so hard I literally cracked a rib! Sounds impossible but I come from a long line of hard sneezers. A hard enough cough could also do the same thing because your muscles contract REALLY tight when you cough. Its not that often it happens so you wont hear much about these.

Non the less - it could be flu related or even heart related - GO SEE A DOCTOR. Please. Hey, I asked nice, now get moving already... ;-)

Curious
Rating
Well ruling out Heart burn,(knowing you probably thought about that), you may want to get you heart monitored. I have this hert disease called six-sinus syndrom, which means that the last beat in the circulation of my heart is extended. It started out with chest pains, a progressed to minor short term memory loss, and unhealthy eating habbits. A monitor records your heart for 24 hours, and a cardiologist can tell, when they read it, exactly what the problem is. It probably isn't that serious, but you should still have it checked out.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy