Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What are the effects of Nicotine, Carbon Monoxide and Tar if you start smoking?

Can quitting smoking have the short term effect of tightening ur throat so u cant control ur singing voice?
i have to sing at a wedding on sunday, so i've greatly reduced my smoking the last couple of days. problem is, i feel as if my throat is now even MORE constrained and i have less control of my ...

Do prescription medicines help with physical symptoms of quitting smoking?
I've been smoking a pack a day for three years and believe it's time to quit. It's hard, but I can handle the psychological problems. I'm having trouble with the physical symptoms....

How do u get rid of a bad cough?

Hard to breathe when walking stairs?
i m quite sporty and fit so its got nth to do with like if i m fat of not
altho sometimes when i do long distances i run out of breath and like i can't breathe well i can but like REALLY ...

Within how much time will it take to die if you stop breathing?

Will the ban on smoking make u stop well i say not me?

I have been diagnosed with COPD with bronchitis. I have had numerous chest x-rays taken and ct scans done.?
My last trip to the hospital I was told I had been exposed to asbestos a long time ago and my lungs are gone. Why didn't anyone tell me before about the asbestos scarring in my lungs.Did the ...

Besides quitting, what can you do to overcome coffee bean allergy?
Is there anything that might overcome or neutralize the reactions?...

I have quit smoking but a month down the line i am getting bad lung and chest pains?
I hav not heard of this side affect. is this good, bad? please help>?...

If a patient accedidently got A- blood when they where O+ what would happen?

Do you smoke your cigarettes in your mouth or you nose?
if i smoked i would smoke through my nose because it is cooler....

Do you feel free when you quit smoking cigarettes?
How?...

Trouble breathing?
I've been having trouble breathing for a couple of days now. I'm not sure if it's asthma, because if I'm not mistaken, asthma is when you have trouble breathing out (correct me if ...

Smoking question?
I am a non-smoker. I only smoke when I am depressed. I would get a lung pain the next day if I smoke the whole pack at a time. Is this a sign of lung cancer?...

CPR; during cardiopulmonary resuscitation why would nurse have to locate xyphoid process?
(nurse must plae one finger on xyphoid process and other hand just above the lower half of sternum)
what complication would arise if the nurse places hand on xyphoid process
Additional D...

How to stop dry cough?
I am very sick, I feel something is stuck in my trouth. I tried to throw-up but couldn't I tried honey with lemon still coughing all the time this started from today morning. I drink medicene ...

I'm sick. Chest pain, severe sore throat, difficulty breathing...what should I do?
I have been sick since Tuesday, and have just gotten worse. I have a severe sore throat, chest pain, difficulty breathing, blood in my mucus occasionally, vomiting, trouble swallowing, and my resting ...

How can I stop smoking?

Can you have anxiety while working out?
I often have trouble breathing. I have/had sleep apnea but had surgery for it. I'm 5'4 and about 120 - 125 lbs, so I'm not overweght. I've taken tests for asthma several times (...

daphnerst
What's the best way to cure laryngitis?
I'm recovering from a terrible infection that caused me to totally lose my voice. I'm taking antibiotics and it's getting better, but I need my voice! I know that time is the best healer, but I'm a teacher! I need my voice back as quickly as possible. Any home remedies that will help my sore throat heal faster?
Additional Details
I didn't have a virus. I had strep throat, hence the antibiotic.

iroc
rest is all that comes to mind because that is the only cure for this. warn non-sugary drinks.

venturemomma
Tea and honey.

simpsonwd
I would try drinking hot tea or cocoa.

VW
Hot herbal tea(peppermint and chamomille) with honey and lemon in it, rest your voice as much as possible, I know that's tough being a teacher. Don't whisper, that's worse on your vocal cords, just try to speak as little as possible. And keep drinking that tea.

cyborg1939
Firstly, you likely did not need any antibiotic!....Laryngitis is a " give away" for a VIRAL infection ( not bacterial).

Only two treatments are touted by current science for laryngitis ITSELF: drinking maximum fluids ( any type) and resting the voice ( i.e. no shouting).

Barberry
Rating
Your voice is gone because your vocal chords are swollen and inflammed. You should sip on cold drinks all day long, keeping the throat moist and cooled down. You can even hold a cold cloth on your neck to cool from the outside. Ibuprofen may also help, if you're not allergic to it. Or take some tylenol in the morning and at lunch just to help with the swelling. A warm drink once in awhile is ok, but follow with something cool.

Sleep up on a couple pillows, to keep the swelling down also. If you have a cool mist vaporizer, use it during the night while you sleep. If not, place some pots of water around your room, close to the heat vents, to help moisten the air in your room.

You really should rest your voice a couple more days, and that means little talking. As a teacher that is difficult, but hopefully you can find a way to use your eraseboard more, or use notes and have your students help you through this.

As for not needing antibiotics, that is a fallacy. I've seen young women admitted to the ER and the ICU to be observed because they had such a bad bacterial infection that they were at risk for a compromised airway. Laryngitis can be caused by a virus or bacteria.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy