Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Is it serious if you have shortness of breath with stomach acid/indigestion??

What is this lump in my right nostril?
Around two weeks ago I found a lump far up my right nostril. It is located in that area just as the wider part of the nostril tightens. The lump is not sore but hurts if I press it hard. I don't ...

Im not sick... right?
The last few days I've had a runny nose and have been sneezing not stop and I've woken up with a sore throte but the pain doesn't last long after i get up. except today its eighty ...

What does it mean when u cough up blood...?
i did it earlier and it was just 1 spontaneous cough. i feel fine other than that...

umm i dont know if this matters but i am...
a female
black
5'4 1/2
135-...

Been smoking for 36 years, tried Cold turkey,chant ix. Any answers for a longtime smoker?

Why is it that when I wake up I have a sore throat that dissapears after about an hour? Every morning?

Additional Details
Umm... Who said I wanted to loose weight at home? O_O...

I have quit smoking, how long will it take for my lungs to improve?
I smoked for about 6 years, averaging around 10-15 per day. Can anyone shed some light on the time line of my lungs improving? For the first few years I smoked 8mgs then changed to 4mgs.
A...

I breathed in chlorine tablet air help!! im 16
im 16 and we have a pool and our chlorine bucket is in our pool toy bucket and when i opened the lid to get a subskate fumes just shot up my nose and down my throat, it hurt really bad, and i have ...

Last night I had what I think was an asthma attack. Why did the doctor say it was not asthma?
I saw this doctor about 6 months ago with concerns that I may have asthma, but he used a peak flow meter and it was normal, and he said I did not have asthma. he did give me an albuterol inhaler. I ...

One little cigarette...?
This past year was, for me, a year of new experiences with entering college. My life has been a sheltered little hobbit hole...and most people can imagine just wanting to experiment. (what's ...

I quit smoking 2 weeks ago.......?
I've smoked for 5 years and two weeks ago I decided I have to quit. If I die on my family then there screwed, so basically I need to be healthy. How long will it take for my lungs to regenerate ...

Cipro has made me feel sicker!!! I was just diagnosed with a UTI and sinus infection and have been taking Cip
I have been taking the cipro (500 mg a day) for 3 1/2 days now and I have gotten sicker, now its all in my chest and stuff. Should I stop taking it??? Or take it for the full 7 days and see what ...

What happens during a asthma attack?

Coughing up blood?
Hi. I have a friend who has, on two occassions, coughed up blood. She is not bulemic or anorexic, and as far as she knows, is healthy. She has no other symptoms or pain, but this is the 2nd time that ...

I smoked weed and accidently swallowed/inhaled the ash...?
am i screwed? i have ocd and im just wondering. i think also swallowed the smoke too. please help....

How do i stop my husband from snoring?
help I havnt slept for months my husband snores and has tried to sleep on his side it doesnt work he tried sprays it doesnt work. help !!! I need new remedies....

Have you ever had a cough so bad that your stomach muscles were sore from coughing?
I do :-(
I wanna get better SOON
feel better than yesterday though
Additional Details
I quit smoking 3 days ago, and will NEVER do a puff again as loooooong as I LIVE!!!!!

Are you an organ donor?
if so-thank you so much. someone close to me who was going to die-got her transplant today!...

Why do non smokers keep attacking smokers? What are they scared of?
Dont say contamination as there is no need for them to get contaminated anymore. Is it because the non smokers cant pull the birds? And the non smoking girls only get the cast offs?
Does being a ...

What dose it mean when you cough up blood?

Clara
Someone help? Mom hurting from the chest? O_O ALL the time! ?
My mom has been having these attacks very so often now. Her chest starts to hurt and she cant breathe. I think there called anxiety attacks but i want to know how to treat them shes very stubborn and wont go to the doctor unless shes practically dying of pain. Right now i've been with her for about an hour just trying to calm her down. I gave her some tea , water, her abuderal for oxygen, and just rubbing her back. I really dont know what else to do. Were in the middle of a move and school is starting shes very stressed. What do i do? PLEASE HELP!

Sammy
she is having a heart attach go to the emergancy room or she might be having stress attacks

Don't look at my avatar.
This obviously doesn't sound very healthy or normal!
Ask her if its a sharp pain in her ribs, and it almost feels like she needs to breathe in really fast so the pain goes away. If this is the pain she is getting, its hard to believe but its muscular. This is caused by lifting things and just pulling muscles in the ribcage area. I get these too, and the best thing to do is to relax and wait for the pain to go away. If it simply wont, she could have RSI (Repeditive Strain Injury) in that area, which is rare but happens.

I would definitely take her to the doctors. Explain to her that this isn't normal and she needs to go. To encourage her to go, make an appointment in advance, so she knows she has to go.

Good luck!

Xx

K80
it would be called a panic attack if she cant breathe and feels like she is gonna die (but SHE WONT) but if she is in real pain there is probably something else wrong and you should look up her symptoms online

lcmcpa
Sounds like your mom is having panic attacks. She needs medicine for this. She is being unfair to you to put you through this. She should be mothering you, not the other way around. Explain to her that she needs to stop putting this on your shoulders and she should see a doctor about her panic attacks. I know it is hard when it is your mother, but you should let her handle this without you upsetting yourself and rubbing her back. She is torturing you and needs to grow up and take care of herself instead of expecting you to do it.

If she still refuses to get help, next time she has a panic attack call 911 and tell them your mother's chest hurts.

notyou311
No one can help her if she won't see a Dr. She is being very childish.

agcgartner
That sounds like the same thing this 12 year old wrote in about: My answer to him was:
Could be anxiety attacks/stress in which the chest muscles tighten and start to spasm, making you to take notice and think that something might be wrong with the old ticker.
What she can do (if she won't go to the doc) is when she feels like her feathers are getting ruffled, lie/sit down and take deep slow breaths in and out. Think of relaxing thoughts. Calming, soothing scenes. Have the radio playing to a christian music channel (not rock) or smooth jazz. I will keep the atmosphere mellow. If she allows the stress to settle in and not let it out, she is going to remain contracted and not relaxed. You can get muscle relaxers from the doc.
Now when I get it (if feels almost like angina) I take a minute to calm myself down.

Kevin
Rating
its probably a heart attack if your mom won't go to the doctor, call the doctor on what to do or ask them to come over

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, June 11, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy