Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I have asthma.How can i do different activities without always taking my inhaler every minute?

jessica39
Smoking lung problems?
is it possible for your lungs to lose elasticity?
like become hard and not be able to stretch and take in enough air?
i have problems filling my lungs, it feels like they cant take in full capacity, like they dont stretch.
anyone know what it could be?

Sharpester
Rating
Quit smoking, you dumbass! Haha. That's why you feel that way! I feel fine.

europa
Rating
Jessica, please give up smoking. Smoking will hurt lungs for sure. Join me to quit!! I am quitting it since 4-15-08. Good luck!!

J.T.
Rating
I would take "wyliesmom's" advice. Take it from someone who knows.

Miiss Cherry
Rating
it could be a condition called
Emphysema
i quit smoking 2 years ago and it does improve your lungs
i would strongly advise you to quit smoking and see your doctor ASAP
good luck
x x x

VeeBee
Yes, you have described alveolar ( airs sacs of the lungs) destruction. The tiny units won't snap back like they used to do and they do not function properly in delivering enough oxygen to your bloodstream and body. There is much more to it, but smoking is a known contributor to lung disease.

wyliesmom
Rating
Yes. One disease is called Chronic Obstructive Lund Disease (COPD); another one is lung fibrosis. Then there is pulmonary edema where the lung becomes unable to rid itself of fluid due to lack of elasticity. Then the lung must be drained (or tapped). There are many other lung diseases that stem from smoking, so it is best to just quit. It's tough, but it can be done. Do it before it is too late.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy