Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I want to start a smoking habit, is that good ?
my friends are fourcing me to smoke, but i dont like smoking, what is the best way to handl my friends, and ignore smoking, i dont want to hurt my friends, but the smoking is also not good. what i ...

Why is it that smokers don't consider everyone else?
I used to smoke so know what it's like to be addicted, also know that you can quit, but why are smokers unable to see what their smoking does to the rest of us. I know that as from the 1st July ...

"bad breathe" how can i stop this!?

What does it mean when you run out of breath fast?
my boyfriend runs out of breath very fast and im just curious what could be causing it to happen? it gets so bad he feels like he cant catch his breath like hes gasping for air, its really concerning ...

What is the most effective form of torture, using items found in the average household?

I can't stop smoking why @?

Anyone out there found a cure for snoring apart from murder?
My girlfriend is gonna wipe me out in my sleep if I don't stop. Please help a plea from a frightend man....

I`m thinking of taking up smoking... I`m in my 40`s and never done it before..?
is it alright?...

I was forced into smoking 2 cigarettes, Will this have harmed me? If so, how can I undo the damage?

Why People Smoking?

What's a good cure for the hiccups?
I have had them for the past twenty minutes and nothing will get rid of them!...

What will the hospital do if you cough up blood?

Additional Details
lets just say that this was caused by something not because it just started automatically. i know why it is happening but i want to know what the hospital will do?...

Help! i'm super sick!?
i have a Horrible cough, its full of flem. chest pains, with presure. i have a bad sore throat. my voice is super scratchy, and almost a whisper. i have a stuffy nose. and swollen glands right under ...

How do you calm yourself during a panic attack?
I'm going through a really rough time in my life right now and often have moments where my heart races and my chest hurts like it's caving in. Does anyone have any coping methods to help me?...

How many of you smoke, stoped smoking or dont smoke?
i need at least 50 ...

What is the best way to rid of constipation ?

People smoke outside, outside my office door but all the smoke drifts in. I'm a non smoker. What can I do ??

Is marijuana bad for you in any way? Can it do anything harmful to you besides your lungs?

Additional Details
IM doing a research essay on effects of Marijuana....

What if a person with asthma were to smoke?
i used to hav asthma but havnt had symptoms for yrs, my mom says i outgrew it and was wondering what would happen if i started to smoke. ive heard lots of poeple say they hav asthma but still smoke......

Do I have a drink problem?
50 years old, male, 14 binge drinking sessions this year - cannot remember much. Have lost my driving licence for 3 years. Family think I have chronic problem - I think I can control it - I can go 2 ...

honkytonk89
One little cigarette...?
This past year was, for me, a year of new experiences with entering college. My life has been a sheltered little hobbit hole...and most people can imagine just wanting to experiment. (what's about to be said was the worst thing i did so i haven't really ventured far...hahahaha) Well, one night, two of my girl friends and i went driving and we stopped at a playground. haha. We had a blast taking pictures...but my friend pulled out a pack of chick cigarettes...they're black and they have a really sweet taste. Well...as i said, i was curious...and she offered me a smoke. I...being the good guy haha said only one puff. I didn't even have the whole thing! just one puff...Since then, i've wanted to buy a pack, but i don't want to get into the habit of smoking...am i an addict after one puff? I didn't even inhale it into my lungs...i kinda just let it sit and blew it out...and i enjoyed it...but am i an addict with just one puff?
Additional Details
CLOVE!!! yes...that's what i had...but she also said it was a chick cig...so that's what i've been referring to them as...

it's been about 9 months since i had the one puff...and i haven't bought myself a pack yet...so i have resisted...but i always want to...everytime i see them...i want to...but don't want to get into smoking because i know of how bad it is...thanks for your answers...i'm still unsure though...

Hayden N
Rating
no your not an addict, you actually want to buy a pack to see what it feels like to smoke because it is a new experience for your body. but most people who do this want to buy another pack to see what it feels like again, and usually about this time, they are addicted and they will find out they are smoking every day.

So a lil advice, if you dont want to smoke dont buy that packet, cause if you do you will most likely find yourself addicted.

Hayley
No you're not addicted, you just want to try one. You're curious.

okiedokie
ha, i always told myself i would never start smoking because my mom is a smoker and i always hated it. but one night i was drinking at a friends house and we go outside and all of them were smoking, i wouldnt say i was pressured into smoking, but i was drunk and i guess i was a bit curious and i smoked my first cigarette. ofcouse i didn't inhale it but after that i did think about it a lot. then i bought a pack, and i wouldn't say im addicted but i do smoke now. but i can go days or weeks without a cigarette.

Carebear
No, you are not an addict....yet!!!. My advice to you is don't start smoking on a regular basis, as it is a hard habit to kick. I used to smoke and two years after quitting, it is still hard to resist.

TraXinHelL
The definition of Addict as defined by Google:
A person who cannot resist a habit, especially the use of drugs or alcohol, for physiological or psychological reasons.

Do you think you cannot resist this habit or do you just want to buy a pack to try it? If you cannot help yourself and you MUST go and buy it that would classify you as an addict.

One puff or one whole cigarette could get someone addicted but it's if you cannot resist it that makes you an addict.

Hope that helps.

Dan
You probably just didn't fully satisfy your curiosity, but are not addicted (yet). If you do buy that pack though, you do run the risk of actually becoming addicted. I say don't take the risk. I've only had one drag in my life also, and that was 10 years ago. It was neither bad nor good, it was nothing, but I have no desire whatsoever to smoke anything in any capacity in the future.

Kimberly
Rating
by your description of the cigarette, i would say it was not a chick cigarette at all, but a clove cigarette. they are sweet tasting from the cloves and the benzocaine in them. any way, you are not addicted from one puff...or even one cigarette. i can tell you though that smoking is the worst thing to get into. drugs make more sense. and those cigarettes cost almost double what regular cigarettes cost, so please resist the urge to get more! a pack won't kill you, but it's an easy habit to pick up.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy