Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How can some people start smoking and not get sick and others get very sick at first?
I have never smoked and someone asked me to take a puff off their cigarette. I did and it did not make me cough or get sick. I smoked the whole cigarette and felt fine. Why did I not cough or get ...

Does puffing a cigar(or any other smoking device) harm you?
Just puffing. No inhaling. Can the smoke be harmfull to your mouth? Can you develop cancers?...

I have a 6 month old and he's been having trouble breathing. When i took him to our family doctor he told me
it was a common cold, but the breathing got worse and i don't know what to do. He is coughing but no running nose or anything like that. please ...

When is a cold more than a cold?
I feel lousy with a sore throat, stuffy nose, bad cough, but sometimes in the past when I've gone to the doctor I'm told, "It's just a cold, over the counter meds will ease the ...

Really sick up to 103.3 temp, help!?
Hi, I've called all clinics and by no means will they give any advice! I've been really sick for about two days and I am into my second week of a new job! Over a time frame of 8 hours my ...

Can you give me some tips to stop the snoring?

For the past 3 years i have been having chest pains?
twice i have been to the cardio clinic for tests and they say my heart is fine but i still have these oains they really scare me the doctors dont seem bothered to find out what they are but they dont ...

Please help me stop smoking?
i dont no why i smoke been smoking for years and now when i smoke i get hungry every time i ...

My 3 week has temp of 100 and 101.0 is this considered a fever? or is this in the norm for a new born?

Quitting smoking; when does it get better?
I am day 102, still wanting a smoke and feeling a general depression which somehow HAS to be connected... if you have "been there", at what point for you did it get better?...

Treatment for blocked ears?

How do you cure sleep apnea without a breathing machine?
My boyfriend has no insurance. He cannot afford a machine. He wakes tired from this condition and he is a carpenter. Hard work with power tools. I worry about him....

Anyone ever had this chest problem?
My wife woke me up 2 weeks ago in the middle of the night.Complained of shortness of breath,pain in left arm and lower back..first thing you think HEART ATTACK.She is 26 and in good shape.Well, I of ...

Finding it hard to breathe.?
For the last little while, espially today I feel as if I can't get fill my lungs. Like I'm not getting enough air. I try to take deep breaths but it just makes me feel as if my chest is ...

Smoking question?
Alright, I know this sounds pretty stupid, but I was with my friends, and I don't know what possessed me to do this, but I tried smoking. I hate it so much and never intend to do it again. Peer ...

Medical question: Breathing Quicker?
I have been breathing a lot faster lately and just curious as to why. Should I be worrying or is this just nothing? Please and thank you! <3
Additional Details
I am 13 years old and a ...

Bronchitis Question?
a few weeks ago i was diagnosed with bronchitis. ive been taking tha mucinex and antibiotic they gave me but i still have pain in my chest and feels like pressure in my chest. do you think its still ...

How long does a person stay lethargic after having 2 surgeries?
1 of them went wrong her oxygen is 99 percent?...

3 weeks with this is driving me mad?
here are my symptoms:
3 weeks ago: Tickle dry cough. Now:Deep cough from lungs
3 weeks ago: No phlegm. Now: coloured phlegm and taste funny
3 weeks ago: No stuffiness N...

Asmtha.....?
Does anyone know what will happen if you dont cure asmtha over time? Can you be seriously injured if you are playin a serious sport?...

Mike
My throat feels like its burning and down into my chest...?
Does anyone know what this might be? or what might make it feel better?
Additional Details
This just started today. It wasnt like something that was getting worse over time. It just happned suddenly.

july
Rating
"Heartburn" doesn't usually burn into your throat. You may be having symptoms of GERD, or gastroesophageal reflux disease.

Anctacids don't help GERD. GERD happens when your esophageal sphincter http://www.nbc10.com/2006/0209/6867277.jpg doesn't close and your gastric acids back up into your esophagus, causing inflammation, damage, and erosion. This can eventually result in esophageal cancer if not treated.

You may want to read about GERD at http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/gerd/DS00967. If this sounds like what you have, a physician can prescribe a GERD medication such as Protonix, AcipHex, Nexium, or Prilosec (Prilosec is available without a prescription). These drugs stop stomach acid production (you can still digest food) and allow your esophagus to heal itself. If your esophagus is damaged, it can take at least 8 weeks to heal, but your throat should stop burning completely within 2 weeks.

Again, this doesn't sound like simple heartburn. If it's been happening for over a month, please see your physician. GERD is completely treatable.

Lauren T
Rating
you have hearts burn just cut back on the acidic foods and take some rolaids and you should be fine.

Rechele T
Rating
Heartburn.
1.tums
2.rolaids
3.milk
These should help if it's heartburn. otherwise go 2 ur doc.

imtashal
Rating
maybe its heart burn,try drinking milk.

Sick
You might have acid reflux. I had this happen to me. I took tums and also walgreens brand zanax. It helped.

Happy Girl Fun
you might have strep go to your doctor and he will examine it. that's what you should do. you want to know why? because it might be serious or contagios... maybe even both!

lolagrl
Rating
Rolaids, could be heartburn.

Sharon O
Rating
it is called heart burn... you need to take some tums or something like that.. it will stop the heart burn and you will feel much better.. if this does not help go to the doctor...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy