Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What is the health risk of mold from water leaks in a house?

What does passive smoking mean?
What does passive smoking mean?
Additional Details
Im getting different answers... which one is right?!?!...

Why does he kept on looking at my chest?

Is there any one who could tell me where in China a heat transplant is carried out?
i would aprreciate it , if you know an address of e-mail or website ....

Please help!! Sore throat :(?
I woke up this morning with an awful sore throat! :(
I have plans for the whole weekend & I don't want to be feeling like this! Does anyone know anything that will help me quickly?!

Gerd what can i do?

Does anyone use Nyquil Medicine to just sleep?
Does anyone know anyone who uses Nyquil Medicine to just sleep? And if they do, is it harmful? and also, if its ok to just use it to use it to sleep for just 5 hrs?...

Will moving to the seaside sort out my constant mucus hacking?
I don't smoke, eat healthily, not much dairy, exercise regularly, etc. But over the last few years I have to hack up mucus every few hours. The mornings are worst and I find my self wretching ...

A bit of red or blood phlegm in throat cough, itzit normal?
i been coughing very badly for the past few days.. itzit cancer??...

How does a asthma attack happen?
reason im asking is im doing a play for school to raise awarness of childrens diseases and to educate people on how to handle them and my character has a asthma attack and i dont have asthma so i ...

Anyone around who knows about asthma???
hi guys.....

doctors always prescribing me salbutomol inhalers were u have to press done to get the mist however when im in a coughing fit its quite hard to get relief.....has any asthma ...

How can we cure asthma? if it happens to kids. What is immediate releif for it is allopathay is best for it.?

What are the symptoms of pneumonia?
my 10 yr old complains of tight chest and was sleeping all day yesterday threw up yesterday 3 times and is having trouble at times moving around
Additional Details
he had a lowgrade ...

What is pleurisy?

I am a runner and I sneeze badly after a race and continue for about three days. What can I do about it?

Sometimes giving oxygen to a patient can be deadly-when is that a problem?

Do asthma attacks always kill without medication, or can it get better by itself?
I thought that all asthma was relative to the individual and that not all bronchiospasms were severe. Is it possible to have an attack or have asthma, and not take your meds, and have it all return ...

Shouldn't we be doing something productive besides sitting at a computer all day?
Its Christmas, get out and do something!!!
Additional Details
no, i spend too much time at computer....

If someone has emphysema....?
If someone has emphysema, then has a heart attack will placing stents in the blocked arteries help blood flow to the lungs and allow breathing to be better? Are will that not make that big of a ...

Something is stuck in my throat or wind pipe?
I feel like there is something stuck in my throat.
like it doesn't hurt or anything but i can feel it.
when i sleep i can't feel it. I tried spraying some
soar throat stuff ...

Isaac S
My daughter has pneumonia but i dont know how to help ?
i went to the doctor and they said that she has pneumonia and prescribed some amox-clav and i feel that its not strong enough for her she says that her head hurts her shes only six years is there more i can do for her to get better faster?

tovey_mark
Take her to the Doctor right away!!!!!!!!!!

Yaybob
Rating
It is not unusual for somebody with pneumonia or any illness that causes fever to have a headache. The headache should not be alarming by itself unless it is particularly intense.

Worrisome signs would be extreme listlessness (limp as a dish rag), difficulty rousing from sleep, labored breathing (not just a stuffy nose, but can't catch her breath), coughing up blood, running high fevers (102 degrees or more despite Tylenol), bluish or ashen coloration, or any other symptom or cluster of symptoms that worry you. Those would be signs that she needs hospitalization and should be taken to an emergency room.

If you have any doubts or questions, call your doctor. If you cannot reach her or him, take her to the emergency room anyway. But just looking sick, having a low or medium fever, coughing up mucus, and having a sore throat or chest are not alarming for somebody with pneumonia. Nor is a trace of blood in the mucus after prolonged coughing.

If your daughter has a high fever, she might benefit from children’s Tylenol or children's ibuprofen. Do NOT give her aspirin.

DO give her her antibiotics exactly as prescribed. In the end, it's your call - nobody else's. I cannot emphasize enough that these are rough guidelines, not specific advice for your particular case, as I have not seen her and can assume no responsibility for her care. If you think that she might be doing badly or need extra help, get it!

Incidentally, even though I hope that I have helped you, you don't know me. This is not the place to be getting such advice.

Brenda
Rating
Make sure you give her that medication just as prescribed....w/o missing doses and finishing it ALL. As for the headache (poor baby), can you give her something for the pain? Call her Dr and tell him/her over the phone about the headache(s) and he will either suggest something (Tylenol?) or he may want to see her again. My grandbaby had this last year and she was an infant. It was soooo heartbreaking to witness.... My heart goes out to you and to her. Give her lots of love and comfort.

ericaa♥
my little sister has that and I'm sorry! Truly i know how it feels like! i know i cant recommend anything, but i really hope she feels better, because my sister was in the hospital for 2 months for that! in 2 different ones. Good luck and God bless!

ver_jen
I would take her to the hospital, the E.R if she seems to be getting worse. Kids get bad FAST.

If you just aren't able to do this. I might suggest some children's Ibuprofen for the headache. It will also help if she has a temperature. For a cough, have her hold her head over a steaming bowl of HOT water. Watch her to make sure she doesn't burn herself. you can also put a hot shower on in the bathroom and let the steam build and then have her sit in the room with the steam. Tell her NOT to touch the water.

I hope you can take her to the E.R. or the Doctor because that really is the best course of action if you think the medicine is not helping.

chanmckinlay
Rating
I use to get pnemonia as a child quiet often. Steam helps the best, buy a humidifyer or take her into the bathroom and turn on shower HOT let her breath in the steam. Best if have a humidifyer and have it turned on all night in her bedroom - the steam helps break up the mucous so when she coughs she can cough it up instead of swallowing it or breathing it back in.

Also have they showed you how to do physio on her back so that it breaks up mucous and then ask her to breath deeply and cough up mucous???? You sit in lounge chair and put a pillow on your knees, get her to lie face down across your knees, pillow supporting her chest. Cup your hands and with medium force hit her back in chest area for 2-3 mins, get her to do 3 deep breaths and the cough hard and hopefully cough up mucous. Repeat 3 times a day.

If unsure then ask a chemist or doctor how to do it, but I get my husband to do it to me when have chest infection, they do it is Cysitic Fibrosis patients and we do it to dogs with chest infections at the vet surgery I work at.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy