Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Asthma????
Is it possible that i might have asthma? I have spells where it seems hard to take a full breath and times where it doesnt bother me at all. And is it possible that it could spring up overnight? C...

Freinds - lying about asthma?
I have a best friend called Beth and when we were at our closest she said her asthma was really bad and we had loads on conversations about our asthma. Latly I havn't seen her much at school (...

Can i claim compensation?
i was put on a high does of steroids for asthma about 15 years ago i was not told it had side affects i was a42 year old woman and working fulltime now im 57 years old and have got severe ...

I have difficulty in breathing when the window isnt open?

How can i get sick easily??
I want to have very high fever, cold cough, anything i just want to get sick i dnt wnt to go to school for two weeks.....plsss help me.....i want to get sick...
Additional Details
i just ...

Is there anything I can do about my asthma?
I have asthma and take an inhailer called albuteral. My inhailer as steroids in it which makes me depessed and wont let me sleep. Also it is starting not to work anymore. It works right away but I ...

Can't take deep breaths?
So it seems like I can never take a deep breath when I want to. This has been going on for almost 3 weeks now ,morning till night. My lungs ache so bad that I lay with a heating bag to soothe them. I ...

What was the leading cause of death before cigarettes and polution? Was it still lung cancer?

If I swallow my phlegm that I get out of my lungs, will I stay sick longer?
I know it sounds gross, so you don't have to tell me, I really want a serious answer....

Pneumonia??
I was dignosed 4 days ago with bronchitis. I have been taking my medication as prescrbied and been taking my albuterol inhaler. My doctor told me 4 days ago that the wheezing should go away by that ...

What could this be a symptom of?
I'm coughing up little pieces of cream colored, solid and foul odored chunks of stuff. What could this be a symptom of?...

Chest pressure?
Lately i have been having pressure in my chest and just below my sternum and it really worries me. What could this indicate?...

Blood Count?
HI,
My mum had a full blood count and her results come back fine, her white blood count was 7.4 does anyone no what this means as we picked the results up from reception at the doctors and no ...

I find recently that I have to force air out of my lungs, is this normal?

OK, we all know smoking is really bad for you.?
But many still do it! But what about a wee lilbit each day? Ok ^.^?
Additional Details
I don't smoke around others (maybe out drinking and then here in Korea everyone smokes just ...

What's the best way to ease a panic attack?

Anyone use the inhaler albuterol??
This is the 2nd time my doctor has prescribed me this inhaler. I had congestion in my chest and weezing. I have never used this inhaler, because one of the major side effects is increased heart ...

I am 64 and was diagnosed with Emphysema one month ago.?
How long do you think I will be alive....

What else to do to help my child with asthma?
My son (18 months) was just diagnosed with allergies and asthma. He's also had RSV. We are on a daily allergy medicine and breathing treatments 2x a day. I am just wondering if there are any ...

Could kennel cough last as long as 14 weeks and do they become immune to it?

praying for #1 at 30
My cough won't go away! What can a doctor really do?
My husband just got over a chest cold, which I picked up a few days ago. I started the coughing part yesterday morning and was up all night last night coughing. It's a pretty dry cough now but at times still productive. It's making my throat totally irritated too. I feel just fine, it's just the cough. I work in a very quite office and I just can't stop coughing. I took Mucinex but it's doing nothing. I've never really had luck with cough medicines and I can't take any cold meds because they speed up my heart. Is there any help out there? I know if I go to the doctor they will do tons of lab work and chest x-rays and I'll have a bill like none other when I know I just caught my husbands virus.

Mrs. Cunningham
Rating
Herbal teas are the best for dry coughs. You need a lot of fluids. I recommend rosehip, camomile, linden teas. Don`t drink anything cold or hot, always warm. Also warm water with a bit honey is also good.

Dinty Moore
Rating
You need a cough suppresant, not cough medicine. Something like dextromorphan, codeine or tussionex. These generally require scripts however. If you have no fever and your lungs are clear most doctors would treat you without tests and tell you to return for testing if you have no improvement. It might be worth the aggravation. No one likes going to doctors and certainly not for a cold but sometimes with acute bronchitis especially the cough can linger and be very debilitating.

daniel g
you need to get some antibiotics mayybe you may have a chest infection.
if you dont get it to stop you may get side pain because you are overworking your lungs

mnvikes
Rating
just drink extra water and give it a few days, that works the best. mucinex and the over the counter cough medications are pretty much worthless.

PA
Rating
The best OTC cough medicine is called Delsym. Talk to your pharmacist. I have never had one tell me any different. It will help. But the only real cure is time.

girlb00
I agree with Bubba - I'd ask the dr for a prescription cough med (Tussin with codeine) that'll help you sleep through the night without coughing - this will allow your body to get the rest it needs to heal itself.

Drink lots of water and tea with honey, sleep with a humidifier on, don't eat or drink dairy products, etc. I also drink carrot juice before bed to calm my chest, it really helps alot. Unfortunately, rest, healthy diet and time are really what it'll take to recover.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy