Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I quit smoking cigarettes 2 months ago. Does your lungs ever replenish and become their normal state?
If so, how long is the process? Does it depend on age? I am 24 and have been smoking since age 16....

If you breathe in a tiny bit of asphestos will you die in 15 years time?and is there any symptoms?

Any one know what a CT chest with Contrast is..Medical term?
what do they do is it a scan??...

Back to school w/ ear infection?
My 6 year old daughter was diagnosed today with an ear infection. I have the anitbiotics and ear drops, but am curious to know if I should send her to school tomorrow? I am a single mom who has to ...

If you had a child with a terminal illness that was genetic, would you have another?
Let me preface this question. I have a cousin who's child has Cystic Fibrosis. CF is a genetic disorder in that both parents must be carriers in order for the child to develop the disease.

Why if kichen sprays kill MRSA is it still a problem in hospitals?
So many adverts now for various anti bacterial kitchen sprays, say that it kills MRSA. Why if that's the case are there still problems with it and others like it in hospitals ?
Additional D...

Can you suddenly get a alergy?
hin the last week or so been feeling like im run down and coming down with a cold, feel slightly fluey to. Last two days eye has been hurting to got conjunctivitis only mild and got some drops for ...

What can I do about this cough I've had for more than a year?
It doesn't go away! I've seriously tried everything that can supposedly help.
Additional Details
I don't smoke and I've never smoked in my life....

Is it worse to smoke ciggarettes or pot?
I am asking for religious answers.....

Can pneumonia bw transfered from one person to another?

I inhaled bleach...it hurts!?
So my drains kept backing up in the bathroom and I got online to do some research for home remedies before paying buco bucks to have a plumber come out. Results were dishsoap + bleach + hot water = ...

Stuffy nose?
I have suddenly caught a nasty cold and I can hardly breathe its so stuffed. Olbas Oil is sort of helping and vicks is but i can't take tablets and i could realy do with some sudafed.
Any ...

Is smoking weed with asthma bad?
Okay well im 14 and my friends have made me smoke weed and ive done it like 20 times inhaled all together like 50 hits and ive quit for a week and i promise myself i will never do it again. can i die ...

If a Smurf were to become hypoxic, what color would they turn?
Since humans turn blue(cyanosis) when hypoxic, and Smurfs are already blue, what color would they become if they were choked?...

How can i get rid of a cold over night?
i have had it for weeks on end now, please help me!!...

Is it possible to have pneumonia without really knowing it?
I had chest x-rays done and the results have come back as a collapsed lung and a shadow - possible pneumonia. I can't get to see the doctor until Friday, so I can't ask him until then. I ...

What's apnea?

My gf is very sick with pnuemonia....?
she is sick for 3 weeks now but doesnt seem to be getting better, she says she feels better, but her cough sounds way worse, should she go back to doctor?? She doesnt want to go hospital, i think ...

Hiccups for over 5 days. Help!!!?
I have over 5 days stop and go Hiccups. I tried the sugar thing, drinking a glass of water very fast, holding my breath for a long time, but still they're coming back. It started to hurt slowly ...

I have a terrible cough, and can't make it to the doctor. any suggestions?

Gabriela C
My 3 year old daughter just coughs at night...?
She just started doing this about three days ago, where she has a very dry cough. All day she'll be fine, but wakes up in the middle of the night coughing, with no fever, mucus, or any other symptoms of a flu. Any ideas on what it could be? I'm going to schedule her a doctors appt tomorrow! Thanks!

kyia
Rating
Try and put an extra pillow on her bed. To keep her propped up a bit, it might help. Make sure the room is dust free and well ventilated. Did you change your laundry detergent? If not, was there any chance that the rinse cycle did not go to well?
You are right to take her to the doctor, just to get it checked out. She could have asthma, or it could be just an allergy.
Best of luck.

jurdonna
Rating
If the Dr. can't find anything wrong, you can give her a tsp. of honey at bedtime. It soothes the throat and has healing properties.

Chal
Rating
No, but my almost 3 year old has been going through the same exact thing - on and off - since he started school. He was given some prescription cough medicine from the doctor and some antibiotic. He took the antibiotic and the cough is still there. I give him the cough medicine at night sometimes. Last year when he went to daycare he had gone through the same thing and she prescribed a nebulizer. Rather than putting him on it, I took him out of school and he cleared up right away..... until I started him in school again this year... *sigh*

MerryBerry
Rating
Does she drink milk before bed?

sometime that may cause a small bit of Flem to build up.

Or her room might be dusty (allergies)

Best bet is to observe what sh does before bed/ eats/drinks/ bath time/ her room/ cats? etc.

The doctor will have the best answer/tests... or may just prescribe medicine, which is lame.

Makeshift
Allergies!

Heather
this happens to me at 21. it could be that the room is too dry in which case a humidifier will help. also she may be allergic to something and it's bothering her lungs. try keeping some water down there for her and also try the humidifier. if that's too expensive, get a large bowl of water and let it evaporate. not as effective, but will provide some relief.

silkin_storm
Rating
It could be allergies triggered by something seasonally flowering now or it could be asthma also triggered by a seasonal change.

Or it could just be a virus

JP
is she sleeping with any mildly old blankets or stuffed animals? maybe an old mobile? all of these can collect dust mites and those can lead to a nasty cough. You should get an air purifier for her room. It really does make a difference!!

Claire
It may be mild asthma, which often shows up in children as a persistent cough at night time, but not during the day. Has there been a sudden change of weather - colder at night for example? This always triggers an asthmatic cough for my 4 year old. Also, if she has even a mild cold, it starts the night time coughing again. My daughter takes ventolin when she needs to for the cough, and Flixotide daily as a preventative.

Pami
my daughter did that and it turned out to be seasonal allergies. she grew out of it in 2 years though.

it could be a number of reasons.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy