Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Ive been smoking for 15 years, is it to late to quit?
Are my lungs at the piont of no return?...

My husband snores badly really badly!?
Can anyone help me, my husband of only six months has a terrible habit of snoring, when I say snoring he sounds like Darth Vader with a severe cold...he doesn`t like me not sleeping in the same bed ...

Is smoking cigars worse for you than cigarettes?

Do I annoy people with my smoking (cigarettes) habit?

No one answered my question :[[[[[?
i've had it for more than a year now. and it's driving me nuts!
and it's getting worst. i haven't slept the whole night. i had chest congestion and it wouldn't stop. ...

What do you think are some PROS of smoking cigerettes,?
i have researched a lot on the internet and i keep getting the same link, so i was wondering, for all you smokers out there, or just for whoever wants to answer....
Why do u smoke?
what are ...

Child with asthma??
Has anyone out there got a child with asthma? My son has just turned 4 and is currently on prednisolone tablets and ventolin nebs. He is coughing constantly all day and night. Any tips on how to help ...

Does this sound like a chest infection...?
Would appreciate some serious medical opinions on this please! Since last Sunday, I have had pains in my chest (only on the left hand side directly in behind the breast) when I breathe in or out ...

For how long should I take antibiotics?
I took erythromycin for 10 days because I had a throat infection, I finished the treatment 3 days ago, now the doctor prescribed another antibiotic for five days... someone told me they will not work,...

How can i stop smoking? i smoke 80 a day and i no its not good for me?

What should i so? I really feel like I'm loosing my mind! PLEASE HELP!?
Hey, I recently have have been having shortness of breath, well I think its shortness of breath but not to sure, the problem is that this isent the first time iv had it, it seems to go away for a ...

Throat problem!! help plz!! (10 pnts.)?
ok, well, it doesnt really hurt that bad, but it feels really dry. it also feels a little constricted. what can i do to help this. i tried gargling with salt water but it didnt really help. like i ...

I want to START smoking cigarettes?
Im 21 and i tried the other day a cigarette. It felt really good, i enjoy it really much. I will start smoking tomorrow but i will not smoke more than 3 cigarettes at day, that way i will always feel ...

How to get sick?

I am 14, but I want to smoke!?
I eat a lot! Then I throw up! Yes I guess I am bulimic... but I dont really want to eat anymore, so I think if I start smoking it will mae me feel full... any other suggestions?...

Smoking Cigarretes?
when you smoke, but if you dont inhale the smoke is that still going to damage the lungs? like if you just take a hit but just blow the smoke back out is that going to damage anything in your body? ...

One time i forgot how to breathe is this bad?

Smoking!!!?
Hey so the number one problem for me, when trying to avoid being caught smoking, is the odor. So i was wondering what you guys do to cover up the smell. Or other preventions used to avoid being ...

AM i sick with the cold, ?! I cant be!!!?
I have one eye that is all watery and a nose that is cloging up and my tounge itches really badly!!! head hurts 2!!!
Additional Details
No joke my frikin toung itchs im gonna get it ...

How do i quit smoking?
I had surgery for some thing else but was told before I went under i had begining stage of emphysema.What a time to find out. I have smoked for 35 years. TOLD I WILL BE DEAD BY 60...

lalaland
Is there anything to make you feel better when you are sick and have alot of flem in your throat?
any tea or drink or anything?

Analrectaltubing
Rating
Morphine is the answer to everything nowadays.

starael
I drink hot tea with lemon and it helps! Feel better.

Sex-C_Gurl
Hot Cyder works best for me

laurel g
Rating
I have this happen a lot, actually. Asthma just can do that so much! I drink as much as I can........water, juice, hot coffee, and I chew and swallow really dry toast. The toast seems to help me with the flem. I hope this works for you, too.

donnatella
A really steamy bath with menthol in it really loosens up the flem and clears your passage. Honey and lemon are good too. Putting your head over a basin with vicks vapo rub in it with boiling water helps

Michael C
Rating
Seriously...it gross... but I do this:

Gargle salt water for about 30 seconds.
Then mix a up a shot of 50/50 honey and lemon juice. Down it.
After all this, drink a lot of water( maybe with some more lemon juice in it), get alot of rest, and take some asprin.

Angel Aries
Hot green tea w/ lemon & Honey.

kay_flood
Rating
get and take some mucinex, and drink at least two liters of water daily. The mucinex and water will help to break up that congestion so you can cough it out.

Angela C
Rating
I get that too..
Quite alot really
Alot of flem gets caughed up
in the later stage- blood too
It hurts ALOT
and its like muscus is leaving some where it SHOULD be causeing severe dryness
..i usually cant eat or drink anything during this

Lindsay Jane
Rating
Ice cool water drunk slowly.If you drink quickly, it would make you feel sick.

Fenella™
Rating
Use a decongestant like Mucinex. Also, steam can help loosen the phlegm. Put a towel over your head and put your head over a pot of boiling water with a little bit of Vick's vaporub. Just breathe normally and it will loosen up the phlegm. You can also use those Vick's shower tablets too. Just put one in the shower when you bathe and the steam from the shower will mix with the tablet and help to clear up the congestion. Make sure you drink lots and lots of water too. Good luck. :)

nsa.girl
Rating
gargle salt water, drink juice, alot of it

momthebomb
I have to drink Dr. Pepper when I have phlem in my throat. I hope you have DP wherever you are...

L Mae
Rating
As a couple of people have already said, MUCINEX!!!! It is a miracle pill I swear! Mucus comes with bacteria that makes you sick, so if you get rid of the mucus you get rid of the sickness (as long as you don't need antibiotics which I'm not fond of anyway).

i've got a bracelet too
Rating
Something warm that will not merely coat the phlegm, or Coca Cola (sometimes.)

J Doe
vitamin C & Zinc. Try a product in the medicine isle called Zicom.

peach
Chicken noodle soup,homemade if you can get it.Any warm beverage will feel good on the sore throat.Cough lozenges also help.

mozartmusic
Rating
You mean phlegm ? I drink warm green tea with some honey and a dash of lemon. I don't put too much honey in, only a little because sweet things will make the phlegm even more !

beach blanket babe
i drink a lot of tea,chammomile,mango and chammomile when i have a cold.whatever you do dont drink cold stuff or milk,milk will make things worse! i know ive got asthma and my allergist told me not to drink milk it makes phlem.

carly
Rating
hey i'm sick with that + a sore throat right now....i'm drinking hot tea w/ honey and its working

hispregnantwife!
gargle salt water it works

Joanne B
Rating
Cut a piece of STEM GINGER about the size of a 50p piece, and mash it up in the bottom of a mug. Add some lemon juice, then boiling water. Leave to cool a little, but then gargle with it as hot as you can stand.
I'm a singer, and it always works for me.
Good luck!

nate2424
Rating
drugs lots of drugs

dngrzdmn
Rating
chicken soup

long hot bath

TrixyLoo
I swear by this stuff: Mucinex on the shelf, Guifenissen by prescription. It will clear all of that up and help you get it out of your throat and chest. In the mean time, hot tea with honey and drink plenty of liquids.

Summer
Rating
Hot stuff! Stay away from dairy.

tam5025
Rating
Green tea with lemon may help

Also, those vicks shower tablets work well

Hollee S
Rating
creamy mac and cheese and tomato soup. Try is it works.... Hope you feel better...

Robert C
mucinex

Shash3
Rating
"throat coat" tea. You can get it at your local health food store and it is great for a sore throat. I also highly recommend Cold Ease, which is packed with vitamin C, and zinc and seems to shorten the duration and severity of a cold. You can get that at any drug store. I use it every time and shake a cold in just a couple of days. Echenacia is great for thinning down mucous and is also available at the health food store or drug store. Hope you feel better soon.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy