Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What colour is blood when it is not exposed to air????
we have one person who thinks it is red when not exposed to oxygen and another who thinks it is clear what is it?...

My brother did this?
my brother marked me 7 times with a PERMENT black marker
now i feel weak and i fanited 2 times wats wrong with ...

Quiting smoking pot???? 2?
i just asked a ? about my lungs itching... i smoked pot everyday for 5 years and never had no lung pains but i quit like 3 weeks ago and now my lung itch and i was just taking a shawer and i hacked ...

PLEASE READ THIS........i need help!!!!?
about a week ago, i went to my cabin i inhaled "dust off" and now i think i'm delvoping asthma.
CAN THAT HAPPEN???
me and my friend shared a whole can, neither of us died or ...

Why do cigarettes make me feel sooo good?
I love
the taste
the feeling of the smoke going into my lungs
the nicotine buzz

I've been smoking for 15 years and would feel totally lost without my cigarettes.
<...

Should I listen to these pharmacists?? Or go to the hospital?
About an hour ago I accidently inhaled my spit, a little bit I think and I had a huge argument with my mom cause I wanted to go to the hospital to be safe but she kept saying if I can talk i am fine ...

If I only smoke for a few weeks, will the bad effects be reversed?
I'm 14, have never smoked in my life until this morning. If I only smoke 1 or 2 cigarrettes a day for only about 2 or 3 weeks, will there be any lasting bad effects? I got used to it almost ...

Is smoking good for my health? Also will it make me look big hard cool or clever?

How do i start smoking?

Is smoking bad for you?
a lot of peploe think that smoking is bad for you but my grandad stared smoking when he was ten and lived till he was 98 so it cant be that bad for you can ...

Ive been smoking for 15 years, is it to late to quit?
Are my lungs at the piont of no return?...

My husband snores badly really badly!?
Can anyone help me, my husband of only six months has a terrible habit of snoring, when I say snoring he sounds like Darth Vader with a severe cold...he doesn`t like me not sleeping in the same bed ...

Is smoking cigars worse for you than cigarettes?

Do I annoy people with my smoking (cigarettes) habit?

No one answered my question :[[[[[?
i've had it for more than a year now. and it's driving me nuts!
and it's getting worst. i haven't slept the whole night. i had chest congestion and it wouldn't stop. ...

What do you think are some PROS of smoking cigerettes,?
i have researched a lot on the internet and i keep getting the same link, so i was wondering, for all you smokers out there, or just for whoever wants to answer....
Why do u smoke?
what are ...

Child with asthma??
Has anyone out there got a child with asthma? My son has just turned 4 and is currently on prednisolone tablets and ventolin nebs. He is coughing constantly all day and night. Any tips on how to help ...

Does this sound like a chest infection...?
Would appreciate some serious medical opinions on this please! Since last Sunday, I have had pains in my chest (only on the left hand side directly in behind the breast) when I breathe in or out ...

For how long should I take antibiotics?
I took erythromycin for 10 days because I had a throat infection, I finished the treatment 3 days ago, now the doctor prescribed another antibiotic for five days... someone told me they will not work,...

How can i stop smoking? i smoke 80 a day and i no its not good for me?

Edee84
Is marijuana bad for you in any way? Can it do anything harmful to you besides your lungs?

Additional Details
IM doing a research essay on effects of Marijuana.

T Rick
Rating
Smoke enough and you'll go DUMB! It kills brain cells.
1 joint the size of a cigarette equals to 1 pack of cigarettes.

Yup Its Me Again
Rating
Omg! Of course Marijuana is bad for you. It kills brain cells, which slows down the brain......basically is screws the brain up and with a screwed up brain you are pretty much screwed up too.

Cali Lady
Rating
From my understaning, straight weed, ganja, marijuana is not chemically bad for you.

Once it's laced (raid, formaledhyde, cocaine, crack, etc..) you are in for major trouble chemically, emotionally, mentally and physically.

JUST SAY NO!

Kyle A
Rating
duh... it kills brain cells. plus you dont want to do that stuff. its bad for you. my brother does it and he acts dumber than a pile or old rocks.

Kyle's Kremery
Don't listen to these people, it gets 1/3 of the smoke of a ciggie, and besides that, its harmless after a couple hours. Do it. I do~

Rebecca
Rating
brain damage, lung cancer, heart issues and illegalness. i see were this is going, DONT DO IT

youngj042004
not really its just fu$$ with your brain cells

hopsmaster
Rating
It can screw-up a whole ****-load of things in your life. Take it from me. I KNOW it made me more prone to insanity & really foolish choices.

[[stacey.]]
of course it can do many many many bad things.. dont try it if thats what your wondering... it can also give you really gross mouth diseases that look sickkk. ew.... bad things happen!

perfectltangel
Rating
what do u think?

radiohead2050
Rating
It makes you lazy and effects your short term memory. It also leads to personality changes if you smoke it frequently and irritibility if you smoke habitually.

jimi
Rating
There is much research on the effects of marijuana and its impact on humans. ive done some research myself. Cannabis is like any thing else, if you do too much then its not good for you. If used moderately in can aide relaxation, and the enjoyment of music, stuff like that. But if you decide to smoke 17spliffs a day, stop getting up in morning and watching daytime TV mashed out of your head, then no thats not good. All things in moderation. Peace Out.

Mark S
Rating
you can have brain damage

Bug Fuggy
Rating
There's absolutely nothing wrong with it if you want to stay 12 years old mentally for the rest of your life

Ashleigh S
Rating
my auntie is a mental health nurse and she has a patient that has been on marijuana for a short time and he is now mentally ill due to it. He has hallucinations and he also gets voices in his head telling him to kill his own mum!

Brookeachu.
Yes.

silly rabbit
messes ur head up, ma mate in high skool did it heavy. got floored every night, hes now in dykebar physciatric hospital. he went from amazinly smart with so much potential to a half wit within 4 years

boxersdodrool
It can harm your freedom if you are caught with enough of it and if you are found guilty of posession (no matter what amount) that record can follow you around should you apply for a job that has a background check. Plenty of minuses here.

Parklin
Rating
The answer to your question is yes. It keeps you from dealing with life's problems in a sensible, intelligent way.

CLAIRE
yes, it can lead to drug induced psychosis in some people and they end up in psychiatric hospitals. In others, paranoia, lethargy...... The people I know who do it are very idle and underachieving, it's not a good drug, avoid it, it isn't cool. Get some frends who aren't druggy and find some interests and a direction in your life.....Drugs are for mugs

Rose
Rating
Drugs can kill you. You will have a shorter life span.

Izzy F
Rating
you could lose focus while driving and crash. That's fairly harmful.

You could forget to do your homework or chores your mother asked you to do...also harmful, in a different sort of way.

You could get REALLLLLLLLLY hungry and eat everything in sight...also harmful

Your sense of humor may change, and you'll laugh at jokes that you know are bad, causing you loss of social standing...harmful as well...

nonsense_poopy.pants
Rating
Yes and yes?! Honestly, you haven't seen the little videos? It's the "gateway" drug too, it tends to lead people to more dangerous drugs.

Huh?
Among all your regulars (i.e. brain damage, lung damage, etc.), you also have infertility, lacks in reflex speed, and cancers. When you are on it, you act like an idiot. And that's just what we know about the actual pot, who knows what else could be in there and what it could do to you. Just like anything in life, weigh the consequences.

Linda Fallsrock
Rating
It can make you nervous and unable to drive right. I would stay away from it.

P.Y.T.
if your that scared you should just stop.you probably shouldnt be doing it anyway.

Witch
Personally I love it and would reccomend it to anyone but obviously as with anything...too much is not good.

ajaxnl
Rating
your going to get a million different answers especially from people on here telling you...gee marijuana isnt so bad, theres worse things out there and if you dont do it that much it wont hurt you.
and introducing anything un-natural...and yes i know its a plant but come on people, there are additivies in marijuana....into your body is not good.
besides harming your lungs its possible to impair your judgement since it is a depressant

~Jessica~
Rating
All these people are SO stupid. I'm sorry but reading through these answers, oh my god. To everyone saying it "kills brain cells and causes cancer" do you have any facts proving this? Maybe smoking some pot will do you some good. Now, here's some real research on the effects of Marijuana for your report.

Fact: None of the medical tests currently used to detect brain damage in humans have found harm from marijuana, even from long term high-dose use. An early study reported brain damage in rhesus monkeys after six months exposure to high concentrations of marijuana smoke. In a recent, more carefully conducted study, researchers found no evidence of brain abnormality in monkeys that were forced to inhale the equivalent of four to five marijuana cigarettes every day for a year. The claim that marijuana kills brain cells is based on a speculative report dating back a quarter of a century that has never been supported by any scientific study.

Fact: In 1995, based on thirty years of scientific research editors of the British medical journal Lancet concluded that "the smoking of cannabis, even long term, is not harmful to health."

Fact: Marijuana has been shown to be effective in reducing the nausea induced by cancer chemotherapy, stimulating appetite in AIDS patients, and reducing intraocular pressure in people with glaucoma.

Fact: Most people who smoke marijuana smoke it only occasionally. A small minority of Americans - less than 1 percent - smoke marijuana on a daily basis. An even smaller minority develop a dependence on marijuana. Some people who smoke marijuana heavily and frequently stop without difficulty.

The only reason Marijuana is illegal in the first place is from racism, fear, protection of corporate profits, yellow journalism, ignorant, incompetent, and corrupt legislators, and personal career advancement and greed. Read about the history of Marijuana first entering America.

http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/2003/12/22/whyIsMarijuanaIllegal.html

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, June 14, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy