Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I am 65 year old female. and a smoker. I know, I know! Anyways, I have had pneumonia a couple of times and dou
I cannot get rid of this cough! No matter what I try. I have been on Antibiotics, taken ovc and rx cough meds, used an inhaler. Nothing helps! Help!! I know you are going to tell me to quit smoking, ...

How long can the brain go without oxygen?

What will happen if you have low thyroid and you just ignore it?
Can you live a pretty norml life? When I take my thyroid it rebs my body up that I am nervous and can't sleep even on a low dose I know the difference. I have fought with taking Synthroid for ...

Can you help me find info on effects tobacco can do to you???
I need info on why not to smoke... and all other info on tobacco use. I appreciate the help and if you find any info... E-mail me at Ba_dingding@yahoo.com
PS: I need the info Before Friday The 2...

What is cystic phibrosis?

What is the most common cause for children below one year age hospitalization?

I have a question about social security and disability benefits?
My mom is 63 y/o to young yet for social security. However, recently she was diagnosed with COPD and CHF and came home from the hospital on home 0xygen and neb treatments. She also has a w/c now to ...

Smokers! what makes you...?
wanna smoke and what is it going to take for you to finally just say that you've had enough?? and if you were a smoker and did quit, then what made you finally get the nerve to give it up? Thank ...

I quit smoking last week. How long before I quit coughing and get over the sore throat?
Thanks to the coughing and throat thing I can't even stand to be near smoke, so I don't want another cigaret, EVER. Kind of amazing after 30 years....

Asthma Attack... please help.?
I was told by my MD 2 years ago that I have a very mild case of asthma... not enough to prescribe an inhaler because inhalers can make you anxious and I also have anxiety. Anyway, I rarely get ...

Really bad coughing fits?
over the last 2-3 weeks i have had a really bad sore throat, cold and a terrible cough. Every time i go outside i have really bad coughing fits my dad has given me madicine but it just gets worse ...

What is the best thing to do when a person complains of shortness of breathe?

Why do people snore when they sleep?

What all can i advise my friend suffering from asthma????

Prescription Marijuana for asthma?
yeah i was wondering if its possible to get prescription marijuana in los angeles for my asthma ...yes im diagnosed with A.D.D too :).....and im 16 years old ;).... and i noticed ever since i ...

Coughing up bright red blood?
I am scared, and yes some of you will prob. beat up on me. I am a smoker on and off now for 10 years, quiting sometimes up to 2 years at a time. This morning I woke up and coughed up bright red ...

I have the worst sore throat of my life!?
I've tried tea, honey, gurgles with salty water, ricola, chloraseptic... nothing works!
And my voice is raspy and deep... I feel bad, but not as bad as to go to the emergency room... ...

In the event that a spouse strops breathing while asleep will the other one wake up???
i have sleep apnea..if i were to stop breathing would she wake up..she says it dont matter how asleep she is..she will wake up..or if she stops breathing would i wake up no matter how asleep i am..<...

I get chest pain often, from doing little or no activity. Do you know what might be wrong with me?
Im 16 years old, I dont do any drugs or alchol, and never have. But my parents have always smoked. Yet I get chest pain in the lower left lung area often,(sometimes right), and in the back over the ...

Where can I get an oxygen tank and mask?
If Marilyn Manson can get an oxygen tank, then I should be able to get one. If any dancer or smoker can get one, how hard could it be?...

Anne
Is it possible that my albuterol doesn't work for me anymore after over 20 years?
Just today I took my rescue inhaler and I feel worse. Could it be because I'm pregnant that it's not working or that it's just the baby crushing my lungs or that albuterol doesn't work for me anymore.
Additional Details
I'm stunned that anyone would think that it's the same inhaler for 20 years. That's funny, you made my night!

versantly
there is an expiration date to meds -20 yrs is too long to keep any med. see your doctor.

lilmnhockeyfan2005
Rating
i would go to the doctor and get a new inhaler that's what i do all the time for my inhaler.

Kat
Rating
you need to call your dr on this question.. if you are saying your inhaler is 20 yrs old.. i wouldnt use it.. meds can weaken and change with time.. you do need to see your dr..good luck

James R
Rating
It very well could be both, or one. I hope you have let your dr. know that U are pregnant. Since you have been on it for 20 yrs. the medication may need to be changed.
Good luck
Alabama

;)
Rating
It's possible that the inhaler isn't working correctly. In a severe asthmatic period you can use up to one puff an hour. Go to the ER if you are having severe problems breathing.

Toni
your body can build up an immunity against things like that. Especialy after prolonged use like 20 years. I'd suggest seeing your doctor. He might up your dosage, or since your pregnant, change your prescription.

Robert F
Talk to your Dr. your harmons are changing during the pregnancy .

mamarat
My doc gave me a different prescription when I was pg, other than albuterol. If I can find the name, I'll let you know. It wasn't that the albuterol was ineffective, though, it was because the other med was safer for the baby.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy