Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How do you prevent getting colds and coughs?

Homework help ! right answer eartn 10 pts !?
Sysmptoms of arrhythmia are

a - vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness

b - fatigue. dizziness, lightheadness, faiting

c - palpitation, accelerated, puse, vomiting

d ...

Please don't die?

Smoke Smell In Car?
I smoked in my car earlier this morning and I just found out that I have to take my mom somewhere tomorrow. What can I do to prevent her from finding out that I was smoking in my car? Will the smell ...

How do I deal with sinus headaches?
Lately, I would wake up with sinus headaches and pressure around the eyes and cheeks in the morning. Then sometimes I'll sneeze a lot lately and get a funny feeling in my throat and I'll ...

Help! My famiy has a cold or flu (IDK), and I can't catch it or else I'll have to go to the hospital. How do
you keep from catching someone elses cold?

I have asthma and everytime i catch a cold/flu, i end up staying in the hospital for 3-4 days.......

I have a soar throat?
I have had it for one week now...when should I seek medical help, if at all? I can't stop coughing all night, I wake up coughing at 3am and at 7am coughing and spluttering, when I finally manage ...

Smoking marijuana?
hey, about 2 weeks ago I have smoked as I do everyday and about 30 minutes later I had this terrible pain in my chest. I cudn't breath and it started to get worse. so i got outside to get some ...

People smoke next door and it's affecting my breathing?
i live in an apartment complex that isn't non-smoking, but the person next door, i can smell the smoke in my kitchen, and this crap is bothering my breathing to the point where its affecting my ...

Snorers, how do you put up with them?
I mean, how do you sleep or cope with them at night with those who sleep in the same room as you, snoring really badly..!!...

14 hour car ride with to smokers!!?!?!?
i have major athsma and allergic to ...

Cough question?
Okay so about a week ago I had the flu. runny nose, core thorat, the works. So now my nose is still stuffy and I seem to only cough like crazy at night. During th day i dont cough nearly as much but ...

Why won't this cough go away?
had a cough for a while now and starting to get worried about it symptoms are i'm coughing up greeny/white phlegm in the morning,but during the day i am fine no coughing then at night it seems ...

I have chronic asthma. My co-worker loves to wear perfume & scented lotions. How do I ask her to stop?
She knows this agravates my asthma & seems concerned when I have my attacks (which are getting progressively worse) but doesn't understand perfumed air fresheners are the same as perfumes. H...

What r some ways to stop smoking?

Waking up with dry/sore throat and stuffy nose?
so it really only seems to happen during the winter or cooler months.

but every morning i wake up with this dryish-sore throat, and my nose is stuffy, and it feels like i have something ...

How do i stop my partner from snoring?

Why cant you smoke in a hospital?
can you not smoke in a hospital because youll blow something up or just because they say you cant for the other patients?
Additional Details

I'm having an asthma attack and all I need is an albuteral inhaler and I'll be fine but no stores are open...
Is it overly dramatic to go to the ER?...

Waht is a TB test?
i had a shot in school today. and it is still red. will it be still red for a while?...

cg198421
Is anyone else looking forward to the smoking ban on July 1st?
I can't wait until I can have a night out and not come home stinking like an ash tray at the end of the night despite not having smoked a single cigarette!
Additional Details
Its coming to effect in England.

Oh and to the smokers that thinks its unfair they have to go outside..... I think its pretty unfair that I have to breath in cancer causing chemicals!

Redhead
Rating
here here - roll on 1 7 07

Lou_
YES YES YES YES!
Hurray. Only thing is lots of people smoking outside in doorways and stuff. Hate my child having to breath it in but people don't seem to care.

Marky
Rating
I seriously can;t wait to be able to go out for dinner and not be put off my food by people constantly smoking arund me.

Also, will be nice to come home after a night out and not have to leave me clothes to air to get rid of all the smoke and not have my hair smelling too!

yakitismak
well i am usually for letting people do what they want to do, but not this. ban the smoking i'm all for it/

Pit Bull
Rating
Yes....I'm on holiday in England the first fortnight in July and looking forward to it even more. Scotland has had smoking banned in public places for a year now and it's great.

wise old owl
Rating
Oh how lovely to be smoke free!!! Should have happened sooner.

Ray
Not really. We actually need population control.

The Naked Chef â„¢
oooh yes! It means I can wear my shirt 2 nights in a row without it smelling of smoke! ;)

suziejoy
Rating
As a smoker myself I think that its a brilliant Idea. Its not so easy to pack in but I believe this will help
I would say that 60% of smokers dont want to smoke anyway

maybelline512
Rating
I DON'T CARE. I STOPPED IN 1969.

Greeney
Rating
I'm interested to see what effect it has on business in general. I don't mind if people smoke or not but I think that banning smoking in places such as nightclubs could cause a loss of business. Interesting to see what happens.

kaleidoscope_girl
Rating
Yes yes yes yes and yes! My boyf and I are both serious asthmatics and we often can't go out as there are only very very very few no-smoking places we can go (Mc Donalds being about the only one) - there is one pub that is not too smoky but most of them we can't tolerate. So I say yay to the ban.

Sonell
I've given up in January, and I feel great for it, just because I work in a pub over weekends I can't wait for the smoking ban, just imagine no DIRTY ASHTRAYS!!!!

ron c
Rating
'I'm very much looking forward to the smoking ban as it means as a happy smoker i won't spend so much time in the company of health freak Nazis. they'll all be sat inside were as I'll be out in the open air kicking back puffing away enjoying the view thinking wow this is so cool I'd hate to be stuck inside all the time mmm just feel that sunshine warming my back

Black
Rating
The smoking ban came out here in the republic of Ireland on 29th March 2004 and it has been a complete success. I am a non smoker and asthmatic. Since the ban came out I can go to places I would have never went to before because it is not going to affect my health. My asthma is not as bad as it use to be and I don't use my medication as much. It is great to be able to breath clear fresh air.

Emz
Rating
yes it should be nice but instead of smoke we will be able to smell sweat /bo and bad aftershave oh joys

CJBig
Here in America it has already taken affect in some states. It happened here (in Louisiana) in January of this year and it has been much better. It's nice to go into a restaurant and eat without smelling smoke from the smoking section. It's even nicer to sit and drink at the bar without all of that smoke in your face.

dsclimb1
cant wait either, im amazed that england is last, that is the worst thing.

jojo78
Rating
the trouble is, everywhere will we empty as a lot of people will be outside smoking, i only smoke when i drink so i hope were going to have a nice summer or i will be staying home, also my sis went to ireland and said the nightclubs stank of sweat as there was no smoke, i dont know which is worse!

ROBIN HOOD
it will not affect me,ive moved to Germany

heidi hi
Hi there!
It has been a year and a half since the smoking ban started in Spain and it is so much nicer to go out, and although there are still lots of bars and cafes where it still permitted,(at least I have a choice with many smoke free areas) but at least smoking
is not permitted in places like shopping malls it's totally banned..(I'm an ex smoker, and I can say that the ban really helped me to stop)...I hope the ban will produce a few more ex-smokers?!!!! :-)

¡dulce niña!
sure.. I can't wait!! finally England too....

Jen
Where is it at? I remember being in California and going to the bars amazed that there is a no smoking ban. I hope it is in chicago soon.

wera
Rating
I'm looking forward it and get really annoyed. Saw the article about this on http://onlinecheapcigarettes.net/pages/37.php?action=news&name=Britain._Smoking_ban_sneaked_up.___&news=33

fireblood
absolutly, know what you mean ,,,,

u_s_s_enterprise
It is an improvement, sure.

But, why not opt for making ventilation and air cleaners mandatory in pubs / clubs ?
With many people on a small area, the air gets stale pretty quick anyway, so why not kill two birds with one stone?

Install (better) airconditioning, and have clean air AND let the smokers smoke their cigarette.

In restaurants, that is an entirely different issue.
Smoke free, or smokers separated.
I do NOT want my sense of taste ruined cause someone wishes to kill him/herself slowly.

moonbeamyyy
yes i cant wait for it
always wanted to go out side in the rain and smoke,

Foghorn
An awful lot of entertainment venues - particularly drinking-only pubs, will lose trade and close. There will be a lot of arguments and fights between door staff and smokers who will have to come outside from youthpubs and clubs to grab a smoke. There will also be trouble with pubs situated in residential areas, as people will be outside smoking, laughing, talking, and roaring and belching - opposite peoples houses.

This is a huge can of worms that need not have been opened. Why not have 2 rooms in pubs - one for smokers and those who do not object to smoking, and the other for the rest?

All the best to the minority of non-smokers who have stopped me from enjoying my pipe in my local pub. You seem to me to be like cannibals on a health kick - eating only vegetarians. Carcinogens come from other sources than smoking.

annie
Rating
im a smoker and i dont think its fair we should be made to go outside to smoke im fine with not smoking in resturants but not in bars and clubs they are going to lose a lot of money!! half the pub will be outside all night!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 23, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy