Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Does anyone use steriods?
i was wondering does anyone use steriods
if you dont use them then dont answer this question
australians only please.
why you take them and do they really work and any side ...

Chronic Bronchitis?
I think my girlfriend may have chronic bronchitis, even though she doesn't want to believe this, the reason I think she does is because last year she had bronchitis 4 times, and so far this year ...

What do you think of this story? This man best be grateful. People died trying to save his life.?
He best not smoke again. People who smoke and get some sort of lung disease ask for it. In my opinion they don't deserve a second chance cause nobody asked them to smoke and kill themselves ...

Can u get pneumonia more than once?
i had pneumonia at the end of january and now i am getting the same symptoms again....

What is asthma?

What is the problem with my thyroid gland?
I have been experiencing chest pain, anxiety, palpatations, episodes of breathlessness/lightheadedness, numbness in localised areas on my arm and head. I have been to the dr and hospital, had ...

Who has experience with a C-pap machine?
My husband just had 2 sleep study tests. From the data of these tests, it was decided that he must use this machine for the rest of his life! It seems these things are supposed to treat ...

Did you have cure for Asthma. What type of problems they have in daily life?
I am marrieng soon, but my girl have Asthama, many people are saying that do not marry him, becouse she had asthama, and saying that, i will get more problem in my married life if i married to him, I ...

Is it ok for an asthmatic to weight lift

Can anyone enlighten me as to what exactly croup is and what causes it. I have started getting it recently.?

What can i do to stop snoring?
i started spending the night at my girlfriends house alot more latly and my snoring is becoming a problem what can i do to try to fix ...

Have you been productive today?
I have. Everything I set out to do today has been acheived and it feels great....

Can someone give me any home remedies for asthma symptoms and any other info on asthma that might be helpful?
are there any home remedies for asthma's symptoms?...

Does Astma have a cure?

When will his symptoms start getting better?
My son has his been on a five days course of antibiotics for bronchitis. He takes it once a day and has taken it for 2 days. How soon will he start to sound better?...

Sleep apnea is this a serious condition? what are the cures?
my partner does not believe me when i said he has this conditon, i have ask him to see the doctor, will have better nights sleeps. very heavy snorer! what would thay do regarding this condition....

What could it be when you have a heavy pain in your chest from arm to arm?
I have a heavy pain in my chest all the way across the top of the chest no trouble breathing or swollowing....

Is it ok for me to smoke hookah if i have athsma?

Additional Details
tabacco free ...

To people with asthma or Bronchitis?
When you yawn, do you feel your lung tightening or some sort of effect in your lungs?...

Pneumonia?
I have had pain in my left chest between the nipple and sterum, and the same pain in my back just below the shoulder blade (same side). It's very tender, feels like a bruise, with a nagging dry ...

shahzad
In asthma, does the mucous build up over time or is it only produced during an attack?
To elaborate a bit, when an asthmatic has an attack and coughs up vast amounts of mucous, has all that mucous been building up since the last attack, or is it all produced very quickly during the attack itself? (i'm hoping it's the latter, as it'd make the use of steroid preventer inhalers more logical)

=k3v7ar=
its always being produced (i have asthma) we tend to have whats called "a slight cough" were you just cough real quick to bring up the mucous and then swallow it. in an astma attack you can breath out but can't breath in.. for this we need 'ventolin' to help open up the lungs, we also suffer with a tight chested feeling during the winter, this is caused by the amout of humidity caused by the weather. it makes us produce more mucous.

hope i helped :)

mistyblue
Matt A has said it all!

I agree with his answer and I am studying a diploma in asthma management.

the use of steroid inhaler is to stop hypersensitivity of your airways, without steroids the airways are sensitive to a variety of factors that trigger an inflammatory reaction which causes swelling and production of mucus.

yayita
Rating
I have asthma And the best treatment for it is "Astexpect" so it help me to take control of it .When i use it i feel much better and i don't have any attacks. Visit the web PERUVIAN NATURISTAS MEDICINES. COM give you more information about the product.

jillybird
Rating
My daughter has asthma and she has mucous all the time which is controlled by the use of her inhalers. This means she does not cough up mucous during an attack she just can't breathe, or to be more precise she can't exhale enough to inhale.
When she gets the 'sillys' and forgets to use the inhalers her breathing quickly becomes laboured and she sounds likes a traction engine. This is the build up of mucous.

Lireal
Rating
The main reason people are breathless during in an asthma attack is because their airways are closing up, not a build up of mucus. The airways swell up because of an irritant. The weezing sound an asthma suffer makes, if the sound of air being forcefully pushed out of the lungs, through the swollen bronchioles. Musuc is produced at a steady rate in the lungs, and having asthma, generally does not affect the production of it. It is unlikely that someone with asthma has time to cough up "vast amounts of mucus" whilst having an attack.

lime
Rating
It has been building up since the last attack,at least that s with me and a few people I know,but that s not necesary with all people.Somebody can have it the other way around...

Matt A
If your asthma is under control, you should be perfectly normal between attacks. No airway obstruction, no mucus build up or discharge, no shortness of breath.

In normal airways, there will be a wet secretion that will lubricate the airways and keep them moist. But not the thick stuff.

Dr Frank
Rating
Increased mucous production is a feature of the acute attack.

Lung stability is lost, or to put it another way they become hyper-reactive. Irritability produces cough, bronchospasm where the over-reactive smooth muscle contracts, causes wheeze and the goblet cells inappropriately pour out too much ' protective' mucous, eosinophils ( usually used to fight infestations and allergy) also poor into the lungs in a sort of inappropriate response as if to allergy. This chokes the lungs with yellow/green mucous often assumed by patients, and many poorly informed doctors to indicate infection.

Inhaled steroids are thought to increase the lung stability and damp the process down. It would however be fair to say that their use has decreased over the last five years, also doses used have been dramatically reduced.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, November 27, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy