Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Why do young people start smoking when they know that smoking cigarettes kills?
I work in a Nursing Home and we have many residents who are suffering because of cigarettes. It is so sad! We had this sweet little lady, Stella, who was on oxygen, I had never know her to smoke but ...

My doctor told me i had asthma what are the symptoms , but im pretty sure i dont have any allergies?
i also smoke ya i should quit easier said then done. what exactly is an asthma attack. i was also told 90% of people with asthma have allergies. i wont take inhalers because of all the side affects ...

Someone help? Mom hurting from the chest? O_O ALL the time! ?
My mom has been having these attacks very so often now. Her chest starts to hurt and she cant breathe. I think there called anxiety attacks but i want to know how to treat them shes very stubborn and ...

Just how addicted are you to Cigarettes?? For women smokers only please?

What is the best way to stop smoking concidering my smoking addition?
I grave ciggiretts all day long. I get up and need one, I even wake up in middle of the night to smoke. Sometimes I will smoke two packs in two hours. There will even be times when I am caughing my ...

Can you catch pneumonia off other people?
i'm 25weeks pregnant and my husband got admitted into hospital with pneumonia.
I have had a chest infection and severe asthma for the past 2.5 weeks, but seem to be getting better now... <...

What is the desiese called that killed Bernie Mac?
I know its like a type of pnemonia? That starts with a S. but I dunno what it is called. and is it like where bumps are on your lungs? or cells?...

Other method for asthma???
Does anyone know a way i can help control my asthma instead of taking my inhaler all the time and i dont wnat to keep using it.
Any suggestions would help.
Thank ...

Nicotine withdrawal seems to be very troublesome...is there any solution?
I have quit smoking since 15th august 2007. although I
am feeling very fine that i have successfully quit
smoking, Nicotine withdrawal seems to be very
troublesome. I am facing too ...

Is asthma hereditary?
I arguied with someone. I've told him that a father can transmited to his daughter, and a mother to her son. plaese i'm really confused i need help. thank............

Why would someone with a throat problem have ear pain?
What is causing this? and similarly, why would someone with a cold have decreased hearing?...

Can anyone help??
At school we're running a campaign against smoking. Can anyone suggest a name for our group?? ...

What would cause a small child to cough blood?
i'm writing a book and the main character is 8, and constantly has 'attacks' where she coughs blood nad has a pain in her side.
I don't know much about medical stuff, so i ...

Is it serious if you have shortness of breath with stomach acid/indigestion??

What is this lump in my right nostril?
Around two weeks ago I found a lump far up my right nostril. It is located in that area just as the wider part of the nostril tightens. The lump is not sore but hurts if I press it hard. I don't ...

Im not sick... right?
The last few days I've had a runny nose and have been sneezing not stop and I've woken up with a sore throte but the pain doesn't last long after i get up. except today its eighty ...

What does it mean when u cough up blood...?
i did it earlier and it was just 1 spontaneous cough. i feel fine other than that...

umm i dont know if this matters but i am...
a female
black
5'4 1/2
135-...

Been smoking for 36 years, tried Cold turkey,chant ix. Any answers for a longtime smoker?

Why is it that when I wake up I have a sore throat that dissapears after about an hour? Every morning?

Additional Details
Umm... Who said I wanted to loose weight at home? O_O...

I have quit smoking, how long will it take for my lungs to improve?
I smoked for about 6 years, averaging around 10-15 per day. Can anyone shed some light on the time line of my lungs improving? For the first few years I smoked 8mgs then changed to 4mgs.
A...

dolly k
If you had pneumonia, do you end up with permanent scarring on your lungs?
and if so is there any danger of further damage to the lungs,
would stopping smoking have any effect, or does it make no difference

PAUL G
Rating
My daughter had pneumonia 3 times and as far as im aware there is an element of scarring present under x ray but she made a full recovery.hope she doesnt start smoking shes only 13.

MamaSmurf
I had pneumonia about 8 different times and yes, I have permanent scarring. My son and daughter used to get bronchitis a lot as teenagers. They have scars that show up on x rays, too. Could be they had pneumonia too, but if they did, it was never diagnosed

odiejoesmom
Rating
I have had repeated pneumonia and I am getting ready to have a procedure to help stop my problem with this.
I also have Pulmonary Fibrosis and CMV of Lungs and have been told by my Pulmonary Doc that Scarring can definately happen from this and that stopping smoking for me should be a must or would definately end up with other problems such as chronic bronchitis,emphasemia,etc. This has been very difficult!!! I still slip up!!!

leambi
i think it all depends on how bad the pneumonia was, stopping smoking will have a positive effect if you are having any lung problems so i would probably quit if i were you.

Hic
Rating
Most people recover from pneumonia without any permanent after effects. The risk of further damage is very small. Stopping smoking has a major benefit. 50% of people who smoke die from a smoking related illness. 97% of lung cancers occur in smokers (my own statistic - I did the research at St Mary's Hospital, London W2 - I looked at every case of lung cancer seen there from 1920 - 1970).

Is that your Malamute?

Champagne
I had Pneumonia last year and for 3 months i was extremely ill.

I had several chest x-rays and had fluid on my lungs but luckily it left no lasting damage,however,im not a smoker.

Stopping smoking will always have a positive effect on your health

Bunches
Rating
Hi Dolly

I had pneumonia when I was 16. The next year it came back again and I spent Christmas in hospital. But the doctors never mentioned any permenant damage and I've never had trouble since.

In fact I hardly ever get a cold since then

Do hope you're not feeling ill Dolly?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy