Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

My 2 year old has pneumonia and I'm afraid he's dehydrated?
he was diagnosed with pneumonia on monday, he's been on antibiotic since, but recently he hasn't been drinking as much as he was/should, he's only had around 20 oz. in 24 hours. But he&...

Cannot get rid of a sore throat..?
i've tried Motrein (sorry for mispelling) but i've learned that only puts off the sore throat for about 6 hours maybe.
If i get active before that, i feel sick instantly.
Well ...

Does anyone know how bad Pneumonia can get?
My Daughter was Hospitalized on Saturday because her Pneumonia got worse then it was. She's home now taking her Medicine and she doesn't sound like she's getting any better. Can ...

I ONLY smoke 2 Cigarettes at month?
Please don't tell me is impossible because i am not lying. Its been 3 years since i smoke and since i started i promised my self to smoke only 2 cigarettes at month. A doctor told me that i was ...

Constant ringing in ears?
The passed few months my hearing has been very sensitive to a lot of things, such as loud music/tv, when I'm putting away dishes, loud traffic on the highway, even the toilet seat slamming down ...

Does anyone know what a "nebulizer" treatment is?

What can a person take to control cough?
Without taking a perscription drug.
Additional Details
I have been to see an DR and he has perscribed a cough syrup but I still cough. I just tried the honey because my father used to ...

Should I stick a pencil down an abcess in my throat?
I have an abcess in my throat following an acute tonsillitis outbreak.

I noticed it seems to be the same size all the time even though I finish my antibiotics in a few days time.

My boyfriend was laying down w/ my head on his chest and I could hear wheezing. What does it mean?

Additional Details
He is 55 and has smoked since he was 16....

Cigarettes !?
i tried every single way to give up cig. can u please give an advice . i have been smoking since 3 years ( not too much ) but why is it hard ?...

What can I do with a child who is vomitting even the medicine?
My child (4 years) has a sore throat, high fever and is vomitting a lot even after giving her a suppository to stop her vomitting. She can't even keep the antibiotics she has been given down. W...

I passed out the other day...?
And I went to the emergency room because I passed out and couldn't come to for a while (10-20 min.) but my parents thought it was more like a sezure by the way I came out of it. When I go to the ...

How do i quit smoking? I've smoked for many years an tried many things and nothing works.?

How do I quickly cure a Sinus Infection?
I'm not sure if it's even a Sinus Infection, but I'm blowing my nose a lot, sneezing (occasionally) and coughing.

It started with just a fever with a sore throat, now I'...

Does this sound like a sinus infection?
Before you tell me off - no, I don't intend to see the doctor just yet, things aren't really bad enough.

But, for the past 3 days or so, I can feel a mild, crackling sensations ...

I've always been curious if smoking pot is as bad as cigarettes, lung wise??
Your inhaling smoke right, so is it as bad? I've tried pot twice and used to smoke many years ago and quit. Just wondering.......

Do smokers realize how inconsiderate they are being?
This Q. is for both smokers and non-smokers. I can be outside, 100 feet away from a smoker, and I have difficulty breathing. I noticed that if I smoke a cigarette, its not nearly as bad as just ...

How can I Fake on a breathing test?
I have to take a breathing test on Tuesday. I know this sounds silly but I really want to be diagnosed with Asthma. This is not becuse I like the attenion or anything but albuteral really helps my ...

Im embarrassed of having a cold?
and i really dont know why!! it used to be that i couldnt even admit to anyone i was sick untill i literally had to stay at home. now i can tell my friends im sick. but still not my family. and.. ...

How do you get your husband to stop smoking cigarettes?

ipqhodg
If the patient is on a ventilation machine, can the hospital pull the plug without the family/friends consent?
Pt (mid 30's) is in a coma in a ciyt hospital. Have no family members in the USA only close friends. Can the plug be pulled and her organs be taken without concent? No Known Diseases, possible brain dead due to bleeding.

diturtlelady2004
No, not without a court order or a directive from the patient prior to the incident that had them get in that condition. Hospitals do not "pull the plug" to harvest organs without patient/family permission.

Terri L
Rating
This is so unfair

Isis
It's done many times. It's very expensive to keep someone on life support. I would suggest you get a family member to contact them as soon as possible to express their wishes. With no family around the doctor/hospital can make that decision. It depends on the hospital policy-I would ask this question of the hospital officials-particularly the doctor.

~miss mississippi~
Rating
No they can't! Won't the family be coming to visit? If so, it's a very generous thing to be an organ donor. I plan to.

ckm1956
Rating
I seem to recall that there are a couple of states that allow "pulling the plug" if there is no family.

Unfortunately, friends don't legally "count" in this situation.

CJBig
Rating
Absolutely not.

kim_in_craig
The hospital has to first try and find a family member. Then after a certain amount of time (every state has a different amount of time), where I live it's 60 days. The treating physician can make a request to the hospitals attorney, every hospital has one, to get a court order to pull the plug. After that it's up to the courts.

cobenour30
There has to be a living will and no friends cannot pull the plug, especially if she doesnt have any thing saying she doesn't want to be put on life support. Family member could argue the fact but it takes a long time for it to happen.. Next of kin can only be the one to have it removed.

BabygirlSr
Rating
no!!!

swomedicineman
Ethically no. Has every effort been exhausted in trying to reach a family member? If so the important question is what is the prognosis? and is there any chance of recovery? if not then quality of life is shot to pieces and then decisions should be made to let the patient go. If brain dead then just the shell remains.

steveangela1
Rating
Being a respiratory therapist who was ordered to do so to a patient in a similar situation, the answer is yes. And this was with a mother who was against the vent being cut off. If the doctor can prove with out a shadow of a doubt that the brain is completly dead with ct scans, mris, and the typical organ donor test that the respiratory therapist does, and a flat line eeg, Yes it is up to the doctor.
they can say that this person is clinicly dead, call the morgue no matter what the family wants even if they rae in the hosptial

Mom
Not without a court order but sounds like they could get one.

Calvin of China, PhD
Rating
There are some states where the hospital does not need to ask the stupid liberal judges who think they are God. There have been many hospitals almost put out of business by these liberal idiots. They have guidelines that specify a procedure to pull the plug. They use the separation of church and state rulings to make the decisions which are agreed upon by the Supreme Couth. But the states still make the rules concerning their hospitals.

If the family desires the plug not be pulled or a group files legal action, the hospital can not pull the plug.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy