Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What will the hospital do if you cough up blood?

Additional Details
lets just say that this was caused by something not because it just started automatically. i know why it is happening but i want to know what the hospital will do?...

Help! i'm super sick!?
i have a Horrible cough, its full of flem. chest pains, with presure. i have a bad sore throat. my voice is super scratchy, and almost a whisper. i have a stuffy nose. and swollen glands right under ...

How do you calm yourself during a panic attack?
I'm going through a really rough time in my life right now and often have moments where my heart races and my chest hurts like it's caving in. Does anyone have any coping methods to help me?...

How many of you smoke, stoped smoking or dont smoke?
i need at least 50 ...

What is the best way to rid of constipation ?

People smoke outside, outside my office door but all the smoke drifts in. I'm a non smoker. What can I do ??

Is marijuana bad for you in any way? Can it do anything harmful to you besides your lungs?

Additional Details
IM doing a research essay on effects of Marijuana....

What if a person with asthma were to smoke?
i used to hav asthma but havnt had symptoms for yrs, my mom says i outgrew it and was wondering what would happen if i started to smoke. ive heard lots of poeple say they hav asthma but still smoke......

Do I have a drink problem?
50 years old, male, 14 binge drinking sessions this year - cannot remember much. Have lost my driving licence for 3 years. Family think I have chronic problem - I think I can control it - I can go 2 ...

How can you make your child stop smoking pot?

Should I go to work today?
I've been out all week because I've had the most horrible, miserable cold. Well, today, I feel more or less okay - just snuffly with occasional coughing and sneezing. I could certainly ...

Poll about Smoking?
Are you a :
Smoker
Non Smoker
Quitter {how long?}
Your opinion on smoking in general?...

Why cigarretes are addictive?
The stimulanting effects of nicotine:...

Whats the best way to start smoking?

Anyone else dreading the smoking ban?
especially in london the weather is so crap and going outside for a ciggie means drowning in the rain!...

I dont know what to do.....plz help?
im sorry i keep asking similar questions but i told my mum i couldnt breath properly and she said she wont take me to the doctors because she says its nothin
i cant breath properly and i ...

Is there anything to make you feel better when you are sick and have alot of flem in your throat?
any tea or drink or anything?...

What colour is blood when it is not exposed to air????
we have one person who thinks it is red when not exposed to oxygen and another who thinks it is clear what is it?...

My brother did this?
my brother marked me 7 times with a PERMENT black marker
now i feel weak and i fanited 2 times wats wrong with ...

Quiting smoking pot???? 2?
i just asked a ? about my lungs itching... i smoked pot everyday for 5 years and never had no lung pains but i quit like 3 weeks ago and now my lung itch and i was just taking a shawer and i hacked ...

aziz k
I want to start a smoking habit, is that good ?
my friends are fourcing me to smoke, but i dont like smoking, what is the best way to handl my friends, and ignore smoking, i dont want to hurt my friends, but the smoking is also not good. what i have chose, i am so confused.

meow
Rating
then dont smoke. Smoking kills.

that is called peer pressure. would you rather die or live by chosing a good decision?

that is gross, and VERY unnatractive

lopezvljr
Rating
If they are truly your friends, they would not pressure you. Just be yourself and don't do it. I am 32 years old and have NEVER smoked. When I talk to people that smoke, they mostly always wish they hadn't for it is a hard habit to break. I am proud I never have and plus I have something to brag about. *wink*

staggerlee337
Rating
I smoked for 25 years. it is hard as hell to quit, trust me. I finally did it, and am hoping the cancer doesn't show up now.

My mom smoked for YEARS and finally quit. She was 10 years clean of cigarettes, and found she had lung cancer. They removed half a lung.

She seems ok, now, but she lost half a lung!!!

Next time they want to "make" you, just think of giving up a lung for them. Picture hacking off an arm. Or a leg. Your friends want you to give up body parts?

Be strong. Don't smoke cigarettes. Smoke a ham instead. At least they're tasty

answergiver
Rating
What is with that title question? I think you are yanking our chains. No one can ask that question in seriousness in this day and age. How old are you?

beetlebug30
Rating
tell your supposedly friends that you are not interested in taking up smoking if they don't like it you need to find nicer people to hang with.good luck to to you!

Matthew Zajac
that right just say NO they are not your friend they are trying to get you to do something that not cool stay away from the devils even if you have to hurt them just say no and hopefully they will back off.

Gary D
You friends are asshats, ditch them for some more intellectually smart people that will be a better influence.

Later in life you'll be the one standing looking down on their casket at their funeral from cancer.

There are a lot of people to be friends with. Maybe even write a anonymous letter to their parents letting them know their kids are smoking.

Ashley
Rating
Don't smoke. If they were good friends with your best interest in mind, they wouldn't ask you to begin such a nasty habit.

wetcpu
Your friends want you to smoke with them because they are insecure about doing it themselves and they want your approval in the form of joining them.

You know what is right for you; stick to it.

Don't judge them, don't put them down, just tell them you don't want to smoke. "No thanks" is all you need to say.

Callie
DON'T.
You're friends are NOT worth it at all. If they are forcing you to smoke, that is past awful friends.
Quit hanging with them, and find people who let you make your own decisions.

Good luck, and PLEASE do the right thing.

team_player
if they were good friends when you tell then no they would respect that if they dont there is no good reason to be there friend and if you say no they will die not you

LindseyRose
Rating
uh
dont smoke.
no one can force you too do anything. i think that your health is more important than your friends feelings.

mike t
Rating
Its simple. Just don't do it. My excuse was that I was on the basketball team, so I always said I'm an athlete I cant do it and they respected that.

* this.is.mee ,
NO. I know this sounds old but, you should NEVER smoke.
If your friends are forcing you to smoke, maybe it's time you found some new friends. True friends will never force you to do anything, especially something that's harmful to your health.

chun k
Just say no to drugs.

VeeBee
Rating
New healthy friends who care about you and your decisions are in your future.

koolish
JUst say no

Nikolaos
Rating
simple, don't smoke. However, 2nd hand smoking is linked to 2nd hand coolness.

slipknotpsycho5891
if it's cigs, kick them in the balls, and shove those damned things in their mouth and telll them to enjoy 'em and walk away....

my 'friends' forced me to start smoking at 6 (long story) i'm 23 now and have been smoking a pack a day since 8-ish.... you do NOT want to get started.

trust me..

Jasmine
Rating
of they want u to smoke they probably arent ur friends
a real friend would prevent u from smoking not encouraging

xoxo
yuck I know how you feel.
when I was younger, some of my old friends used to pressure me to smoke.
I never did though.
It's because when I was 11 my grandpa died of lung disease from smoking. I loved him soo much. It was truly devastating.
So I'd tell my friends that. Ever since he died I promised myself I would NEVER smoke.
never have and danged proud.

if I were you, I'd just tell them it's a horrible habit and that I don't want to get involved.
Just say "No thanks, I don't smoke"
If they still force it, stop hanging out with them when they're smoking or maybe altogether.

a good friend would never force you. An even better friend wouldn't even smoke around you.

Erica W
Rating
If they're forcing you to something that a) you don't like and b) will eventually kill you, they don't seem like very good friends.

Just tell them it's not your thing. If they have a major problem with you not smoking, they're not worth your time.

ashleytisdale371
Rating
smoking can cause lung cancer which will lead to a sooner death

♪♫Horse♥Lover #1♫♪
stop somking..
you can always find new friends...
but you cant always find a new life if you get lung cancer and die!!!!
STOP SMOKING!!!!

Mommyk232
Rating
Don't START! I smoked for 25 years Quitting (3 years ago) was the best thing and HARDEST thing I ever had to do in my life.

Squelvin
just don't even get started with the smoking. aside from the health consequences, cigarettes are crazy expensive. in ten years you'll have a lot more money than your friends and will be healthier too.

pearl_hoff
Rating
say no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mond R
I have a question, do you have your own brains? If your friend will jump from the bridge, will you?

C@rl
If your friends are forcing you to smoke, then they aren't really your friends now are they?

CampRock
say no!
you will definitely regret it!!! you'll get tons of health problems and you will DIE sooner!!! seriously! say no! tell them that if they were really your friends, they wouldn't be pressuring you to do something you dont want to do. be very firm with them. if you show them signs of weakness, they wont take you seriously.
you could also say something like, "i've already tried it, its not my thing" that way, its like you've already tried, but its your decision not to

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, June 14, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy