Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Why is it that smokers don't consider everyone else?
I used to smoke so know what it's like to be addicted, also know that you can quit, but why are smokers unable to see what their smoking does to the rest of us. I know that as from the 1st July ...

"bad breathe" how can i stop this!?

What does it mean when you run out of breath fast?
my boyfriend runs out of breath very fast and im just curious what could be causing it to happen? it gets so bad he feels like he cant catch his breath like hes gasping for air, its really concerning ...

What is the most effective form of torture, using items found in the average household?

I can't stop smoking why @?

Anyone out there found a cure for snoring apart from murder?
My girlfriend is gonna wipe me out in my sleep if I don't stop. Please help a plea from a frightend man....

I`m thinking of taking up smoking... I`m in my 40`s and never done it before..?
is it alright?...

I was forced into smoking 2 cigarettes, Will this have harmed me? If so, how can I undo the damage?

Why People Smoking?

What's a good cure for the hiccups?
I have had them for the past twenty minutes and nothing will get rid of them!...

What will the hospital do if you cough up blood?

Additional Details
lets just say that this was caused by something not because it just started automatically. i know why it is happening but i want to know what the hospital will do?...

Help! i'm super sick!?
i have a Horrible cough, its full of flem. chest pains, with presure. i have a bad sore throat. my voice is super scratchy, and almost a whisper. i have a stuffy nose. and swollen glands right under ...

How do you calm yourself during a panic attack?
I'm going through a really rough time in my life right now and often have moments where my heart races and my chest hurts like it's caving in. Does anyone have any coping methods to help me?...

How many of you smoke, stoped smoking or dont smoke?
i need at least 50 ...

What is the best way to rid of constipation ?

People smoke outside, outside my office door but all the smoke drifts in. I'm a non smoker. What can I do ??

Is marijuana bad for you in any way? Can it do anything harmful to you besides your lungs?

Additional Details
IM doing a research essay on effects of Marijuana....

What if a person with asthma were to smoke?
i used to hav asthma but havnt had symptoms for yrs, my mom says i outgrew it and was wondering what would happen if i started to smoke. ive heard lots of poeple say they hav asthma but still smoke......

Do I have a drink problem?
50 years old, male, 14 binge drinking sessions this year - cannot remember much. Have lost my driving licence for 3 years. Family think I have chronic problem - I think I can control it - I can go 2 ...

How can you make your child stop smoking pot?

imright99
I quit smoking 2 weeks ago.......?
I've smoked for 5 years and two weeks ago I decided I have to quit. If I die on my family then there screwed, so basically I need to be healthy. How long will it take for my lungs to regenerate and be healthy again? I know it's only been two weeks but my lungs dont feel any better.

star
Rating
I'm not sure how long it takes for your lungs to clear up but I do know that they will never completely regenerate and be as healthy as they were. You will, however, add several year to your life.

I commend you on quitting for you and for your family. Keep up the good work. I quit smoking after 15 years of it and I know it is hard but you can do it.

Jessica F
ya know, i smoked for 20 yrs. i quit a little over a year ago i noticed -NO -difference in my breathing energy nothing but i still stopped, i still want a cigg // but i know they will -kill you- //so I'll never smoke again i saved over a thousand dollars so far.

liason
they say your lungs start clearing up right after you stop smoking. mjaybe start going for walks. that will clear you out too. good for you! and i hope you keep it up!

LUIS H
Rating
congratulations, dont smoke again, you will be fine,ur lungs are already better, the human body works wonders, eat right(suplement w/vitamins-minerals,selenium is very important for you)drink plenty water,100% juice,exercise-SWEAT-will help get the poisons out of your body,get an internal cleanse program,doesnt have to be expensive(Swanson Health Products)if drinking alcohol cut back take care of kidneys and liver

angela w
They start healing immediately but will take years to fully get back right again....keep it up. I wish i could quit!

angel
Rating
After you quit smoking, your lungs start cleaning themselves out and making you cough more then when you smoked. give it about a month or two and your lungs will become healthy and new as they were before you smoked. the next day after smoking your lungs are already more healthy then when you smoked. you will however cough alot more because their cleaning themselves out. drink LOTS of water. good for you, taking care of you, to care for your family. i hope they appreciate you and what your doing!

Sam
Rating
Tell you the truth.
Though it is very far away but i've seen people pass that time.
You are a very strong person for quiting smoking and i admire that in you.
It will require 3 years for your whole body, including your lungs, to regenerate.
The first couple of weeks will be the hardest but trust me it is all worth it.
You will be a raw model to your family.
Good job man.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy