Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What if a person with asthma were to smoke?
i used to hav asthma but havnt had symptoms for yrs, my mom says i outgrew it and was wondering what would happen if i started to smoke. ive heard lots of poeple say they hav asthma but still smoke......

Do I have a drink problem?
50 years old, male, 14 binge drinking sessions this year - cannot remember much. Have lost my driving licence for 3 years. Family think I have chronic problem - I think I can control it - I can go 2 ...

How can you make your child stop smoking pot?

Should I go to work today?
I've been out all week because I've had the most horrible, miserable cold. Well, today, I feel more or less okay - just snuffly with occasional coughing and sneezing. I could certainly ...

Poll about Smoking?
Are you a :
Smoker
Non Smoker
Quitter {how long?}
Your opinion on smoking in general?...

Why cigarretes are addictive?
The stimulanting effects of nicotine:...

Whats the best way to start smoking?

Anyone else dreading the smoking ban?
especially in london the weather is so crap and going outside for a ciggie means drowning in the rain!...

I dont know what to do.....plz help?
im sorry i keep asking similar questions but i told my mum i couldnt breath properly and she said she wont take me to the doctors because she says its nothin
i cant breath properly and i ...

Is there anything to make you feel better when you are sick and have alot of flem in your throat?
any tea or drink or anything?...

What colour is blood when it is not exposed to air????
we have one person who thinks it is red when not exposed to oxygen and another who thinks it is clear what is it?...

My brother did this?
my brother marked me 7 times with a PERMENT black marker
now i feel weak and i fanited 2 times wats wrong with ...

Quiting smoking pot???? 2?
i just asked a ? about my lungs itching... i smoked pot everyday for 5 years and never had no lung pains but i quit like 3 weeks ago and now my lung itch and i was just taking a shawer and i hacked ...

PLEASE READ THIS........i need help!!!!?
about a week ago, i went to my cabin i inhaled "dust off" and now i think i'm delvoping asthma.
CAN THAT HAPPEN???
me and my friend shared a whole can, neither of us died or ...

Why do cigarettes make me feel sooo good?
I love
the taste
the feeling of the smoke going into my lungs
the nicotine buzz

I've been smoking for 15 years and would feel totally lost without my cigarettes.
<...

Should I listen to these pharmacists?? Or go to the hospital?
About an hour ago I accidently inhaled my spit, a little bit I think and I had a huge argument with my mom cause I wanted to go to the hospital to be safe but she kept saying if I can talk i am fine ...

If I only smoke for a few weeks, will the bad effects be reversed?
I'm 14, have never smoked in my life until this morning. If I only smoke 1 or 2 cigarrettes a day for only about 2 or 3 weeks, will there be any lasting bad effects? I got used to it almost ...

Is smoking good for my health? Also will it make me look big hard cool or clever?

How do i start smoking?

Is smoking bad for you?
a lot of peploe think that smoking is bad for you but my grandad stared smoking when he was ten and lived till he was 98 so it cant be that bad for you can ...

julie w
I`m thinking of taking up smoking... I`m in my 40`s and never done it before..?
is it alright?

Rating
so ur sayin u've never tried a ciggie before? if that's the case, then there's no harm in trying it once, just to curb ur curiosity. then leave it at that. it's just daft to pick up a habit that'll destroy ur health. find some other past-time

The Silence Behind The Violence
It's stupid but go ahead and do it so you can learn a quick lesson.

riss27
hey if you want to listen to me im all for it i know the bad side affects of it but it makes you feel really good and all the stress goes away im only 15 and i do it everyday its the best feeling so im all for it

Vicki T
Rating
no, it's not alright. if you honestly thought it was alright, you wouldn't be asking us.

take up running or knitting. or something.

smoking is stupid.

Diamond
hmmmmm great why start now? just when everyone else is giving up

seaflower64
Rating
No, no, no!!! Stay away from smoking!! It's the hardest habit to quit, stay smart for the next 40 years!!

ANF
Rating
In the face of all the evidence I would say that you are being very very foolish. Apart from the very real possibility of an early death from a number of smoking related diseases, you general life will deteriorate as you will be short of breath and generally out of sorts. Save your life and your money and forget it.

welsh dragon
Rating
Old saying ''Only smoke when someone sets lite to you'' meaning 'don't talk stupid.

Kitty
You should know better at you age, smoking kills, please don't start smoking its not good.

Santa claus
in ya 40's then prob wont be to bad for ya health oh its over £4 a packer and over £5 a packet for 20 depending on brand id be happy to pay £3 something now long live duty free

a.dimaggio@btinternet.com
Rating
Why????...... Why would you think about starting now?
I started smoking at age of 26 though it is more a social thing with me (though it is now unsociable) but I am forever trying to give it up altogether.
Don't bother there are no pros for it and a lot of cons

(Almost a) Nurse
This must be some kind of joke... If you are actually serious, why is it you want to start smoking? If you are feeling unsatisfied with yourself in some way, you might want to speak with your physician and explain your interest in taking up smoking. If you are looking for something to derive pleasure from, go to the gym - exercise gives you a natural and HEALTHY high. Unless you're terminally ill (and used to smoke) I would not suggest you take it up. It is the major cause of all leading deaths in North America.

Gamer Nuts
i am a smoker an i am just 20 an i cant give up easily..
dont start...
UNLESS
u want 2 bcome a midnight runner towards BP like me

redhawgs
Rating
do not even start... it's so bad ...

Buddy
Best advice I can give you is don't do it

Babs
Of course its not alright. If it were, why would people be dying of smoking-related diseases? And why would so many people be addicted? Don't you realise to what lengths people go to kick the habit, and still fail? And what about the cost?

Dr David
Rating
No, please do not take up this habit. If you have managed for so long without, don't start now.

Try taking up something else, that will enhance your life, not jeopardise it.

lrclcrash
**** that.. you already know the bad sides.. do it..
after every stoge.. you get like a 5 min long high..
incredible.. and dont worry.. dont get addicted.. and you'll be fine

Connor Mcloud
it is not worth taking up smoking it costs a lot of money depending on how many packets of cigarattes you buy a week they are over £3.00 a packet with 20 in a packet and it can seriously harm your health and decrease your chances of living longer.

Ms. Humpy
Do you want to die ?Because that's what will happen.It will be a miserable death.I watched my mother die at the age of 57 from lung cancer

valley girl
Rating
R U kinding me? Of course not. Smoking is not a good idea.

brett_n_dee
Rating
I'm sure you have a wonderful family and you don't want them to be left alone without you. I smoked, horribly. I was up to 3 packs a day. I finally quit about 4 years ago. I am extremely blessed to be healthy. Don't do something that you will regret. Pick up another good habit.

richard_beckham2001
Rating
Stay off it, enjoy your good health and money in your pocket.

lady m
don,t be stupid, i gave up 2 years ago after smoking for almost 25 years,
the best thing i ever done

Super Hans
Rating
Yeah it'll make you look hiding behind the bike sheds after work.

If you've never smoked before, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to start now.

moss
Rating
you must be out of your mind, don/t do it.

Thatotherwhitegirl
Rating
Um only if you want to make your skin wrinkle or get cancer.

Seriously nicotine is more addictive than most street drugs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_%28mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence%29.svg

Heroin and cocaine are the only drugs shown to be more addictive than nicotine. Trust me, I know. I've tried quitting and it's pretty much impossible. Plus you'll smell bad. Don't bother...it's really realllly not worth it.

airjarrod
Rating
You've been smart for 40+ years. What kind of stupid pill did you take today?

Thicky McSticky
NO NO NO NO NO!

It is too harmful to your:

Health
Families Health
Wallet
Environment
Household

You've gone this long without it - Don't even go there now!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, June 14, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy