Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I have white chunks at the back of my throat.?
My doctor told me I am prone to tonsillitis a few years ago, and they are always swollen. Lately there have been white chunks growing inside them. It's like hard, and smells absolutely terrible. ...

What is the health risk of mold from water leaks in a house?

What does passive smoking mean?
What does passive smoking mean?
Additional Details
Im getting different answers... which one is right?!?!...

Why does he kept on looking at my chest?

Is there any one who could tell me where in China a heat transplant is carried out?
i would aprreciate it , if you know an address of e-mail or website ....

Please help!! Sore throat :(?
I woke up this morning with an awful sore throat! :(
I have plans for the whole weekend & I don't want to be feeling like this! Does anyone know anything that will help me quickly?!

Gerd what can i do?

Does anyone use Nyquil Medicine to just sleep?
Does anyone know anyone who uses Nyquil Medicine to just sleep? And if they do, is it harmful? and also, if its ok to just use it to use it to sleep for just 5 hrs?...

Will moving to the seaside sort out my constant mucus hacking?
I don't smoke, eat healthily, not much dairy, exercise regularly, etc. But over the last few years I have to hack up mucus every few hours. The mornings are worst and I find my self wretching ...

A bit of red or blood phlegm in throat cough, itzit normal?
i been coughing very badly for the past few days.. itzit cancer??...

How does a asthma attack happen?
reason im asking is im doing a play for school to raise awarness of childrens diseases and to educate people on how to handle them and my character has a asthma attack and i dont have asthma so i ...

Anyone around who knows about asthma???
hi guys.....

doctors always prescribing me salbutomol inhalers were u have to press done to get the mist however when im in a coughing fit its quite hard to get relief.....has any asthma ...

How can we cure asthma? if it happens to kids. What is immediate releif for it is allopathay is best for it.?

What are the symptoms of pneumonia?
my 10 yr old complains of tight chest and was sleeping all day yesterday threw up yesterday 3 times and is having trouble at times moving around
Additional Details
he had a lowgrade ...

What is pleurisy?

I am a runner and I sneeze badly after a race and continue for about three days. What can I do about it?

Sometimes giving oxygen to a patient can be deadly-when is that a problem?

Do asthma attacks always kill without medication, or can it get better by itself?
I thought that all asthma was relative to the individual and that not all bronchiospasms were severe. Is it possible to have an attack or have asthma, and not take your meds, and have it all return ...

Shouldn't we be doing something productive besides sitting at a computer all day?
Its Christmas, get out and do something!!!
Additional Details
no, i spend too much time at computer....

If someone has emphysema....?
If someone has emphysema, then has a heart attack will placing stents in the blocked arteries help blood flow to the lungs and allow breathing to be better? Are will that not make that big of a ...

alienjoe_58
I have recently been diagnosed as having Pulmonary Fibrosis can anyone supply me with info on this disease.?

Nathan JT
Pulmonary Fibrosis involves scarring of the lung. Gradually, the air sacs of the lungs become replaced by fibrotic tissue. When the scar forms, the tissue becomes thicker causing an irreversible loss of the tissue’s ability to transfer oxygen into the bloodstream.

The symptoms are:
Shortness of breath, particularly with exertion
Chronic dry, hacking cough
Fatigue and weakness
Discomfort in the chest
Loss of appetite
Rapid weight loss

There are five million people worldwide that are affected by this disease. In the United States there are over 200,000 patients with Pulmonary Fibrosis.

The causes are thought to be:

Traditional theories have postulated that it might be an autoimmune disorder, or the after effects of an infection, viral in nature. There is a growing body of evidence which points to a genetic predisposition. A mutation in the SP-C protein has been found to exist in families with a history of Pulmonary Fibrosis. The most current thinking is that the fibrotic process is a reaction to microscopic injury to the lung. While the exact cause remains unknown, associations have been made with the following:

Inhaled environmental and occupational pollutants
Cigarette smoking
Diseases such as Scleroderma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus and Sarcoidosis
Certain medications
Therapeutic radiation

I hope this helps you.

constantreader
You might start with Googling "pulmonary fibrosis" and read the results for 'diagnosis' and/or 'treatment' - the Mayo Clinic has a good website and you might be able to look it up in "pulmonary disease" or "COPD" - either term should pull up a description, treatments, medications, prognosis, etc. Good luck! We have an emphysema family member and have found good information about every aspect and what to expect.

Ollie
Hi,check out this web site www.pulmonaryfibrosis.org
I hope it helps.

xXxEmmaxXx
Rating
sorry to hear that

http://www.pulmonaryfibrosis.org/ipf.htm

http://www.pulmonaryfibrosis.org/home.htm

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/pulmonaryfibrosis.html

theres some

all the best

Emma
xXx

Bluebudgie21
Rating
hi here are symptoms
Shortness of breath, particularly with exertion
Chronic dry, hacking cough
Fatigue and weakness
Discomfort in the chest,
Loss of appetite
Rapid weight lossBecause the origin and development of the disease is not completely understood, misdiagnosis is common. Varying terminology and lack of standard diagnostic criteria have complicated the gathering of accurate statistics about people with pulmonary fibrosis. Supplemental oxygen improves the quality of life and exercise capacity. Single lung transplant may be considered for some patients. Pulmonary Fibrosis is a very complex disease and the prediction of longevity of patients after diagnosis vary greatly,so ive added some websites ,hope this helps!
http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23069035/
http://www.cambridgeantibody.com/home/products/cat_products/gc1008/idiopathic_pulmonary_fibrosis
hope this has helped ;O)

Dr Frank
Rating
Pulmonary fibrosis is unfortunately an irreversible lung disease. It is caused by smoking, inhaling toxic chemicals, auto-immune diseases and some drugs. There are no treatments, but progression is minimised by avoiding the precipitating cause if possible.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, September 22, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy