Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Help my mother is toxicated?
ok well my mom was cleaning the bathroom and she used all these products not sure whitch but i know one is called ajax after she was done cleaning 3 hours later she began to felt dissy and hey eyes ...

Eczema and asthma?
does anyone know what the best deodrant to buy for an 11year old child who suffers bad eczema and asthma....

My girlfriend has a kidney infection?
Do you know a good remedy for her to use?...

Best Medicine For Cold?
I am starting to come down with a cold I am in high school and can't afford to be slowed down evrything on my head (ears nose throat eyes) burn and it wakes me up in the middle night and gives ...

What is the best antibiotic for a sinus infection?
I have had a sinus infection for about 2 months now.. I went to the Dr. over 2 weeks ago and was given an antibiotic and antihistime..a week later i was back cause there was no progress.. they ...

Worse places to live with asthma?
i live in st. louis. what states in america are the best and worse places to live with having chronic asthma?...

What are the effects of Nicotine, Carbon Monoxide and Tar if you start smoking?

Can quitting smoking have the short term effect of tightening ur throat so u cant control ur singing voice?
i have to sing at a wedding on sunday, so i've greatly reduced my smoking the last couple of days. problem is, i feel as if my throat is now even MORE constrained and i have less control of my ...

Do prescription medicines help with physical symptoms of quitting smoking?
I've been smoking a pack a day for three years and believe it's time to quit. It's hard, but I can handle the psychological problems. I'm having trouble with the physical symptoms....

How do u get rid of a bad cough?

Hard to breathe when walking stairs?
i m quite sporty and fit so its got nth to do with like if i m fat of not
altho sometimes when i do long distances i run out of breath and like i can't breathe well i can but like REALLY ...

Within how much time will it take to die if you stop breathing?

Will the ban on smoking make u stop well i say not me?

I have been diagnosed with COPD with bronchitis. I have had numerous chest x-rays taken and ct scans done.?
My last trip to the hospital I was told I had been exposed to asbestos a long time ago and my lungs are gone. Why didn't anyone tell me before about the asbestos scarring in my lungs.Did the ...

Besides quitting, what can you do to overcome coffee bean allergy?
Is there anything that might overcome or neutralize the reactions?...

I have quit smoking but a month down the line i am getting bad lung and chest pains?
I hav not heard of this side affect. is this good, bad? please help>?...

If a patient accedidently got A- blood when they where O+ what would happen?

Do you smoke your cigarettes in your mouth or you nose?
if i smoked i would smoke through my nose because it is cooler....

Do you feel free when you quit smoking cigarettes?
How?...

Trouble breathing?
I've been having trouble breathing for a couple of days now. I'm not sure if it's asthma, because if I'm not mistaken, asthma is when you have trouble breathing out (correct me if ...

Tunnocks T!ts
I have bronchitis?
I am 29 years old, i smoke socially (20 x per week) which I will never do again. My sister emailed me to say that people come down with bronchitis usually have other health problems. She is married to a doctor and he agrees that although this could be a one off maybe all is not well.

I am overweight and stressed and on medication for depression for 10 years. Could they be right I am heading for a 40 year old heart attack?

failte1950
Wow this is so like my own story!
I smoke 50 a day, its wrong I know.
I am overweight and stressed too.
We ought to think more of our lives, value ourselves more. Lets Do It! let say , 'right I am going to get and stay healthy' Don't know if it will do us any good, but for sure wont do us any harm ! Good Luck to us! lets do it OK

jenbug1015
1. see your dr
2. quit smoking, i dont care how you do it.. i used jolly ranchers. because being overweight, is better than being a smoker.
3. however, that isnt all that cool either.... so go to weight watchers, overeaters annonymous or if your brave, just put down the fork... but do establish a healthy eating habit. I've done all the above, its been hard, its been ugly.. but I've gotten 52 lbs off.

4. some anti depressants can make you gain weight... zoloft is one of them. perhaps your Dr can find you one that works best for you, I understand wellbutrin is good for depression, quitting smoking and helps with the weight issue too

the other comment about smoking is true. it doesnt matter how often you smoke, fact is you do... its never the last cigarette that kills you , it would be the first --- thats what I tell folks.

Good luck!!!!!

RaeRae
You have quite a few of the risk factors for cardiovascular disease...smoking, being overweight and overstressed. Does your family have a history of heart disease? How is your cholesterol and blood pressure? Are you physically active? The good news is that it is never too late to change your lifestyle to reduce your risk. You already know how to do this. Stop smoking, exercise more, lose weight and try to reduce the stress in your life. While stress may not contribute directly to heart disease, it can contribute to hypertension. This affects your heart health. It will be hard and take commitment on your part, but I know you can do it! Are there support groups in your area for weight loss and smoking cessation? Or maybe you have a friend or relative that has the same goals as you. The buddy system is a great way to keep motivated and achieve your goals. Good luck to you!

crystal nw
You never know. You need to just go for a complete physical at your doctors. Have them check your heart, blood pressure, blood sugar, weight, cholestoral, everything. Just get a complete physical and you will know for sure if you need to really do some changes in your life. By the way you are talking though, I think you already know/want to change your life regardless of what a doctor says. You say you are depressed, stressed and over weight. So, why not do something to fix it all before it is too late and you become a walking health hazard? Good luck, see a doctor and try to change you life style and eating habits so that you can keep yourself from getting any worst. Good luck, I hope this helped.

alianna_hodiya
Loose weight to you are at normal weight and mentain a healthy weight, quit smoking permanately and get checked out and feel better.

Dr Frank
I am afraid there is evidence that even one cigarette a day increases the heart attack risk, and of course as you really know already the expression ' social smoker ' is a total misnomer, all smoking is anti-social!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy