Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

vanessa b
I have asthma.How can i do different activities without always taking my inhaler every minute?

Terry O
You need to exercise regularly for ten minutes twice a day to build up your lung capacity.

cryptoxmit
Vanessa ... what do you mean by taking your inhaler every minute ???

chocolate929
Rating
dun exert yourself too much, u can do a bit of exercise at a time and slowly increase over time, swimming is a good exercise

Raphael D
Rating
well what you can do is try not to exhert your self to much. if you feel tired dont push your self on that activity. dont rush all the time and if it envolves running really fast dont join. its likely you''ll need your inhaler.

NYDoc
I suggest you try swimming. A lot of athletes swimmers (like people who go to the Olympics) started swimming at a young age because of their asthma.

You will need to take it easy to start with, and slowly built up your lungs capacity.

Furthermore, researchers have found that the moisture in the swimming pool's air, as well as the lack of cold air and pollutants is a better environment for people with asthma. On the other hand, other researchers have found that the moist air is an issue for people with asthma (but again, people have different triggers).

Whichever activity you decide to do, aim for 30 minutes daily.

welig
Rating
Taking the inhaler every minute may be a figurative expression. It may be that you use the inhaler frequently.
If so it means that your asthma is not under control, and you have to review your regime of treatment.
I assume you are taking the necessary preventive precaution like avoiding or safe guarding against all possible environmental factors that can aggravate asthma.

At this stage nebulisation will will give relief to your present state and in addition you may have to use steroids and be prepared for a change in regime.
Frequent inhalations are very bad. My advise to patients is to limit to 4 inhalations during the course of the day and to seek medical advice if more inhalations are needed.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Related Questions

Questions List Answers

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy