Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Is smoking bad for you?
a lot of peploe think that smoking is bad for you but my grandad stared smoking when he was ten and lived till he was 98 so it cant be that bad for you can ...

Ive been smoking for 15 years, is it to late to quit?
Are my lungs at the piont of no return?...

My husband snores badly really badly!?
Can anyone help me, my husband of only six months has a terrible habit of snoring, when I say snoring he sounds like Darth Vader with a severe cold...he doesn`t like me not sleeping in the same bed ...

Is smoking cigars worse for you than cigarettes?

Do I annoy people with my smoking (cigarettes) habit?

No one answered my question :[[[[[?
i've had it for more than a year now. and it's driving me nuts!
and it's getting worst. i haven't slept the whole night. i had chest congestion and it wouldn't stop. ...

What do you think are some PROS of smoking cigerettes,?
i have researched a lot on the internet and i keep getting the same link, so i was wondering, for all you smokers out there, or just for whoever wants to answer....
Why do u smoke?
what are ...

Child with asthma??
Has anyone out there got a child with asthma? My son has just turned 4 and is currently on prednisolone tablets and ventolin nebs. He is coughing constantly all day and night. Any tips on how to help ...

Does this sound like a chest infection...?
Would appreciate some serious medical opinions on this please! Since last Sunday, I have had pains in my chest (only on the left hand side directly in behind the breast) when I breathe in or out ...

For how long should I take antibiotics?
I took erythromycin for 10 days because I had a throat infection, I finished the treatment 3 days ago, now the doctor prescribed another antibiotic for five days... someone told me they will not work,...

How can i stop smoking? i smoke 80 a day and i no its not good for me?

What should i so? I really feel like I'm loosing my mind! PLEASE HELP!?
Hey, I recently have have been having shortness of breath, well I think its shortness of breath but not to sure, the problem is that this isent the first time iv had it, it seems to go away for a ...

Throat problem!! help plz!! (10 pnts.)?
ok, well, it doesnt really hurt that bad, but it feels really dry. it also feels a little constricted. what can i do to help this. i tried gargling with salt water but it didnt really help. like i ...

I want to START smoking cigarettes?
Im 21 and i tried the other day a cigarette. It felt really good, i enjoy it really much. I will start smoking tomorrow but i will not smoke more than 3 cigarettes at day, that way i will always feel ...

How to get sick?

I am 14, but I want to smoke!?
I eat a lot! Then I throw up! Yes I guess I am bulimic... but I dont really want to eat anymore, so I think if I start smoking it will mae me feel full... any other suggestions?...

Smoking Cigarretes?
when you smoke, but if you dont inhale the smoke is that still going to damage the lungs? like if you just take a hit but just blow the smoke back out is that going to damage anything in your body? ...

One time i forgot how to breathe is this bad?

Smoking!!!?
Hey so the number one problem for me, when trying to avoid being caught smoking, is the odor. So i was wondering what you guys do to cover up the smell. Or other preventions used to avoid being ...

AM i sick with the cold, ?! I cant be!!!?
I have one eye that is all watery and a nose that is cloging up and my tounge itches really badly!!! head hurts 2!!!
Additional Details
No joke my frikin toung itchs im gonna get it ...

summerbaberock
I dont know what to do.....plz help?
im sorry i keep asking similar questions but i told my mum i couldnt breath properly and she said she wont take me to the doctors because she says its nothin
i cant breath properly and i nearly passed out today what can i do
Additional Details
im 15 years old can i make a doctors appointment on my own and if i do will my mum find out?

~UZi~
come over ill take a look at it

cortez_cheyenne
Rating
Well if she doesn't believe you there has to be a reason...you have to prove to her that you really need to be checked out it could be really serious and dangerous. There also might be a chance that you have asthma.

Samia K
Rating
It does happen to people who suffer from Panic Attacks. It's related to your digestive system. Use Dairy Free milk, because you might be using normal milk, it does make a lot of gas in the stomach and causes chest pain. You need to use Lactose Free diet, which is Dairy Free Soya Milk and avoid worries too. Your worried mind does effect your digestive system. In your situation a person does feel that he/she is having heart attack and people around you feel alien. Take Care and Try Dairy Free Diet. Good Luck. Give yourself a new start.

DevilSkull
**** her and go to see a doctor so it don't get worse.

Cappucino
Well tell her that it is something serious and you might get hurt. If she keeps ignoring it, you should tell the police.

lifesajoy
Rating
Make your own doctor's appointment and go. Then you get to tell your mum "I told you so" if there is something wrong. She gets to say if it turns out that nothing was wrong.

NikoleUniQue
Rating
What type of parent does not believe their child when they say they are havin breathing issues? That is so bogus! You need to go the doctor and explain why your mother will not take you. They WILL help you.

Joseph
Rating
Tell your mom that you are really concerned about it, and you should tell her that you almost passed out today. Keep telling her until she takes you, because she needs to be a mom and listen to you. If she doesn't take you, you should try to get their yourself because it's important for your health. If your mom absoloutly won't take you, try to get another family member to take you, like your cousin or aunt or uncle, or grandparents, maybe even a friends parent.

Hey, I'm 15 too and just make the appoinment or just walk right in. Don't let yourself suffer from breathing problems because your mom won't take you. Youm ight have asthema, and you could get an asthema attack so hurry and go to doctors!!

Queen of Kings
WOW sounds very serious. Do you have asthma? Also, if your mom doesn't want to take you to the doc try talking to the school nurse. Maybe she will be able to help you more. Just relax when this happens and remember everything is alright. I have breathing problems b/c I suffer from anxiety. I just try to breathe slowly when I have shortness of breath. The best thing to do is not to freak out. Try your school nurse and take care!

Kris L
Rating
Don't you go to school? If you do, then you need to go see your school's nurse, or if your school doesn't have one, then talk to a counselor at your school or even to your teacher. You are far too young to make a 'doctor's appointment' on your own, and your 'breathing problem' may simply be from 'hyperventilation' because you're 'overexcited' (you think you 'can't breathe, so you are actually taking in way too much oxygen) ... but it does take an UNDERSTANDING ADULT to tell whether you need to 'go to a doctor' or if just giving you a paper bag to put over your mouth when you're hyperventilating ... and also to help determine if there isn't 'something far worse' that needs adult attention fast. GOOD LUCK.

st. nino
Rating
may i suggest. you go and see your doctor NOW< tell what mum said!! IT IS YOUR HEALTH NOT YOUR MUM's so ,if she, get angry , just tell her it;s my life that i care about, andif you don't like it just get over it!!! otherwise tell your schoolcounsellor your problem!!!

shoby_shoby2003
go to the doctors without your mum

angelpoet04
Rating
I don't know your age or situation. If you're still in school, go see the school nurse if your school has one. Even most colleges have some type of medical personnel on campus. Is there another relative you can go to? A trusted family friend? A teacher? A pastor? A community health clinic? A local fire station? Can you get to your doctor's office on your own? At the very least, call your doctor's office and ask to speak to a nurse. A nurse can ask questions and based on your answers, see if you need medical attention. Hope something here helps!

myindigostar
See your school nurse. Demand treatment from them. Explain your situation flly. Maybe have your school health care provider contact your mother. If it is bad enough get a friend or another adult to transport you to the emergency room

KMChickk
Rating
When you start to feel like that, call 911. And tell your mom that you had nothing else to do.

brown eyes
Rating
if your of age take yourself to the doctor...or walk in clinic. it is something, and shouldn't be overlooked. it maybe just anxiety but its a terrible feeling. go to an emergency room at your local hospital but don't let it go. whats with your mom????

emperor_ham
go to the doctor yurself or try goin to the park and gettin some fresh air

Gasman
Go to a doctor. Have a friends parents take you or something. Great mother you have there. I wonder how she would feel if the shoe was on the other foot? What a b*tch.

darkdiva
Rating
Are you not from Great Britain? Do you not have state health care? Take yourself to the doctor. Or, go to the juvenile authorities and tell them your problems. They will see that you get care.

peachie resurrected
if your still in schools to the nurseland call911.if not go to the emergency room at the hospital;as they can do tests and find out what the heck is going on,,you life is important and if you need to call 911,it;s scary to not be able to breath.i'm sorry your mom is being so uncaring about thibaut damn it;s no joke;;;get to the hospital's you don;t need money to get in the doorland will get seen ...good luck and your very brave,,,hang in there and get well ok

fried_twinkie1
Does your school have a doctor and nurse available to go and talk to? They could examine you and make a recommendation to your mother if she won't listen to you. Also, if you get very ill, you could go alone to an emergency room of a hospital. They will look at you even without a parent presence, especially if you are in serious condition. If they need to apply some treatment, they will call your mother and explain your medical problem to her.

BJ
Rating
A dr probably won't treat you at 15 without your mom...see your school nurse and have her call your mom...

i am who ever u say i am
Rating
tell your mom u cant breath hold your chest get up to walk and fall on the floor like you passed out she will take u to the doctor then

?
Rating
I know what you are going through! I have been there before and it is frightening or at least it was to me. 5 years later I am much smarter than then. So what do you mean you can not breathe? You nose is clogged with mucus and you can's take it in? Or you can hear and feel wheezing from your chest/bronchial are and something is stuck there? When do you experience these times of not being able to breathe? When did it first start? These are very important question before we know exactly what is going on! All I can say right now by what you have described is if you feel you are going to pass out, then you better get to the ER because not being able to breathe is no laughing matter! Are you allergic to anything? Do you have asthma? Do you smoke? These are all critical ?'s! When you say I dont know what to do.... I feel what you are going through, like I said I have been there, beyond all things do not get to depressed about it and do not think about it too much. That is the mistake I made! I would like to help but I usually do not because people are very hard to talk to due to their conditioning and the ways they have been taught throughout life. They are always skeptical. When they look for help they always think of a Doctor who is trained in the art of disease, not in the art of health. My email address is kriszthehun@yahoo.ca
I hope you get better, good luck to you in health, life and love! Ciao

Watchman
Don't you have a school nurse that can help?

xrandomnessx
Call a medical hotline or something?

Or ask a friend to take you instead?

strawbarrycheey
webmd.com

aepheather
Rating
go to the school nurse and tell her.

ann
Rating
Go on your own and explain that your mum refuses to believe you. They'll call her in and straighten her out quick enough. Or go to the school nurse and ask for help.

adding: Well your mum is just going to have to be angry, then. Explain this to the nurse and ask her to help you with your mums' (incorrect) attitude.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.164
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy