Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

People smoke outside, outside my office door but all the smoke drifts in. I'm a non smoker. What can I do ??

Is marijuana bad for you in any way? Can it do anything harmful to you besides your lungs?

Additional Details
IM doing a research essay on effects of Marijuana....

What if a person with asthma were to smoke?
i used to hav asthma but havnt had symptoms for yrs, my mom says i outgrew it and was wondering what would happen if i started to smoke. ive heard lots of poeple say they hav asthma but still smoke......

Do I have a drink problem?
50 years old, male, 14 binge drinking sessions this year - cannot remember much. Have lost my driving licence for 3 years. Family think I have chronic problem - I think I can control it - I can go 2 ...

How can you make your child stop smoking pot?

Should I go to work today?
I've been out all week because I've had the most horrible, miserable cold. Well, today, I feel more or less okay - just snuffly with occasional coughing and sneezing. I could certainly ...

Poll about Smoking?
Are you a :
Smoker
Non Smoker
Quitter {how long?}
Your opinion on smoking in general?...

Why cigarretes are addictive?
The stimulanting effects of nicotine:...

Whats the best way to start smoking?

Anyone else dreading the smoking ban?
especially in london the weather is so crap and going outside for a ciggie means drowning in the rain!...

I dont know what to do.....plz help?
im sorry i keep asking similar questions but i told my mum i couldnt breath properly and she said she wont take me to the doctors because she says its nothin
i cant breath properly and i ...

Is there anything to make you feel better when you are sick and have alot of flem in your throat?
any tea or drink or anything?...

What colour is blood when it is not exposed to air????
we have one person who thinks it is red when not exposed to oxygen and another who thinks it is clear what is it?...

My brother did this?
my brother marked me 7 times with a PERMENT black marker
now i feel weak and i fanited 2 times wats wrong with ...

Quiting smoking pot???? 2?
i just asked a ? about my lungs itching... i smoked pot everyday for 5 years and never had no lung pains but i quit like 3 weeks ago and now my lung itch and i was just taking a shawer and i hacked ...

PLEASE READ THIS........i need help!!!!?
about a week ago, i went to my cabin i inhaled "dust off" and now i think i'm delvoping asthma.
CAN THAT HAPPEN???
me and my friend shared a whole can, neither of us died or ...

Why do cigarettes make me feel sooo good?
I love
the taste
the feeling of the smoke going into my lungs
the nicotine buzz

I've been smoking for 15 years and would feel totally lost without my cigarettes.
<...

Should I listen to these pharmacists?? Or go to the hospital?
About an hour ago I accidently inhaled my spit, a little bit I think and I had a huge argument with my mom cause I wanted to go to the hospital to be safe but she kept saying if I can talk i am fine ...

If I only smoke for a few weeks, will the bad effects be reversed?
I'm 14, have never smoked in my life until this morning. If I only smoke 1 or 2 cigarrettes a day for only about 2 or 3 weeks, will there be any lasting bad effects? I got used to it almost ...

Is smoking good for my health? Also will it make me look big hard cool or clever?

sam b
I can't stop smoking why @?

David J
Rating
Because you are weak, and have no self-control or determination. You'll blame it on "addiction", and you really won't put the effort in to quit.

That's about the truth of it.

southarkansas
combination of addiction, peer pressure and habit

K
Nicotine is making you addicted to smoking. It gives you the urges to want more. That's why you should try to stop by:

Nicotine Gum/Patches
Playing video games or going online
Reading books
Chewing regular gum
Bribe yourself

Just try not to think about another cigarette. Remeber all the damage smoking does to your body.

Leanne B
you must be highly addicted to nicotine and some other chemicals in them. If i was you i would cut down slowly so it doesnt take a major effect to your body.

Jiggy
Your addicted! or its all in your head.

Anthony S
Rating
When you smoke the are little nicotein receptors in you brain, those receptors form a tolerance, If that tolerance is not fed you go into withdrawl. And the nicotein is addictive.

ILoveKisshu!
Rating
Well my mom smoked since she was like 19 i think and she finally stopped when I told her i was coughing alot, and my grandpa died when she was like 15 so she probaly didn't want to die either. She stopped smoking because she had the strength and didn't want to end up with lung cancer or loss of her job. try thinking of all that you have in life, and why you shoudn't risk losing it for smoking.

Amilia
Rating
Its really hard, you will not stop untill you are ready. Sometimes it takes a few tries. Good luck to you.

Sarah Sugar butt
???? "I can't stop smoking why @"????
I don't understand your question!!!!
Please add more details....

If your talking about cigarettes..YES YOU CAN!!!

Chelsea...
Rating
because your addicted.
you need to have the will power to stop !
start eating fruit !

Christy S
How about this one? I also know your pain. I am a 38 year old women who has been smoking for 22 years. Guess what I do for a living? I am a resp. Therapist. I know better than anybody what smoking does and the habit. You can call me stupid or what ever you want but I had the addiction before the career. I have tried to quit on several occasions and did too. but... I go back to it. One time i was quit for a year, can you believe that? But all in all; Nictotine is extremely addictive and very hard to stay away from without will power. There are some meds out there you Doctor can prescribe, just know all the side affects before getting started.

Vlad
Because sometimes there are things we cannot do on our own.
I don't know if you are a believer, but try praying, ask God 4 help.
Also, keep focused & remember the reason you want 2 quit.
Good Luck!

gecko guy
go on a two week camp out (don't take cigarets with)

JERRABand
If you are not 100% committed to quitting, even with stop-smoking products you are doomed to fail. If you truly want to quit smoking, just quit. It has to do with will-power. Nothing else can help you.

el duderino
Rating
yeah join the club.

rawr.bite me.
Rating
nicotine, honey.
Its all in your mind you dont really need it
goodluck.

SmallvilleFan0
Rating
You are most likely addicted to nicotine witch is bad for your health,and can give you lung cancer. I would stop if I were you.

va8326
anybody can quit if they want to ..i was a chain smoker ..35 years of cigarettes ..i quit 7 years ago..cold turkey..haven't cheated not 1 time..make up your mind and just do it...good luck

rsarah23
Rating
you can stop.
I quit after 10 years of smoking.
You just have to commit and be determined. After a while it becomes repulsive to you. It's been 2 years now for me and I have no desire to start again.

That one kid
your an addict!

Jerry Lee
Rating
Smoking is extremely addictive.

55yrsnholdin
I totally sympathize with you ,Sam, I can't either, so far. I intend to keep trying though, one day maybe I will get there.

The name Jin
Rating
You need to find something else to do....play World of Warcraft and it will help you. Chewing gum will also help.

Sam
Rating
Try to get more information regarding some ways to stop smoking at my profile.

martha jones
you are not ready to It took me one summer to quit i used the patch and was very unhappy not to mention 40 pounds fatter

pjbthree
Rating
Nicotine is more psychoactive than cocaine. After a day or so you get past the physical addiction. The psychological addiction brings you back.

April
your addicted to the nicotine and don't have the willpower to quit.

Lunachit
maybe you dont really want to quit. sometimes it takes up to the third serious try to finally kick the habit. dont hang out with people who smoke or go to any bars, or drink for a while until you think you've got it handled.

Fox On Fire (Dig In!)
your addicted to the nicotine

Thekunt DAS ORIGINAL
Rating
The problem is you still enjoy it ...........I gave up but only when I was sick to death of doing it , when you get to this point it will be easy for you too............the best of luck in kicking it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, June 14, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy