Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Sick for 3 Months and nothings getting better.. : ( please help?
Ok i have been sick for over 3 months now, this all started with normal cold symtoms.. then week by week my symptoms would increase.. around the time of the superbowl i had a really bad cough, ...

Can I get sick from someone at work who coughs?
This has been going on for more than 2 weeks. This person is under doctor's care and is taking prescription medicine. She used up all her sick days so unfortunately everyone around her has to ...

How a person gets asthma?

My mom has seizures during her sleep the doctors cant find what it is does anyone have any idea ??

What causes these symptoms?
I have had what I think is the flu for about 30 hours, it came out of nowhere and I spend most of yesterday in bed, sneezing, really congested and coughing. Last night there was a little bit of blood ...

What is the possibility of me dying from my Air Conditioner?
I was reading online today that there were alot of deaths with people dying from the Air Conditions with the air. What will be good ways to avoid this? Granted i like bein cold when its 120 degrees ...

Bronchitis and work?
I was diagnosed with bronchitis(acute) tuesday, got meds and cough medicine. I had sinusitis two weeks before that, which I guess turned into bronchitis. I've never had it before, but I've ...

Is it normal to get a 104degree fever with a sinus infection?

Meaning of physiotherapy?

How do you build up your immune system after long term antibiotics?
I have been on different anitbiotics for over 4 months trying to get rid of broncitis, each time I finish a course of them I am feeling great but a week later it comes back....

Asthma, can the onset come as an adult?

HELP daughter wont stop coughing?
my 7 yr old has a very dry cough i have tired everything cough medicine,vapo rub, hot bath, vaporizer. im taking her to the doc in the morning because it is not out of hand and she is suffering. any ...

My husband smokes and seems to always have a sinus infection-Is this related?
I told him that it was relevant, and he disagrees. When he gets sick, he is sick for weeks, whereas I can fight it off in a few days to a week. He is on his way to the Dr. right now, and refuses to ...

Can you live with bronchietasis?

I have walking pneumonia and im coughing up blood?
im 15 and i just got back from the doctor's office. i just now started coughing up blood, but my aunt who's a nurse says it's because im coughing too hard. i think it's nothing, ...

Underwent endoscopic nasal surgery on 1.3.07 which went off well. How to expel nasal crust and low feeling.?
Quite a few Nasal Polyps were removed under GA. Reports are OK but it is very difficult as the days pass to expell dried up Nasal Crust / blood. Besides I am having headache and general low feeling ...

Can moderate smoking be benefitial? I mean 2 to 3 cigarettes a day. Don't just tell me that it can't be done.

Ive had tightness in my chest for the past few days - not all the time but comes and goes.?
sh I go to the emergency room. I took a tranquilizer last nt and they went away. I am very nervous so it could be ...

Is c-diff airborne?

I have a friend who keeps getting chest infections, anti biotics & steroids clear it but it just keeps coming?
coming back, anyone know of any natural preventatives/cures please....

lindsaza
How to fake a asthma attack to even fool a nurse?
they say that they willl hear a wheeze in noise when ther listen ur breathing with a telosshope.
Additional Details
dont get me wrong this is 4 DRAMA.A school production i am doing

Muthu S
Rating
You can do it. 1 Continue to cough (acting) 2. Act as if you are choked to breath. 3. In asthma attack -can not speak (do sign language)
note;- It is not "telosshope" It is Stethescope

kevinmccleanblack
For a play --- Simply just act as thou you have run a long way and are breathless ,
And if for other reasons then a trained medical person will know if you are faking, and don`t fool with faking illness as it may stay permanent.
As they say "don't cry wolf " unless there is a wolf

squier2591
Rating
Unless the whole audience is going to hear you wheeze, you are wasting your time.

There are no set symptoms for an asthma attack. It differs depending on the person.

By the way, its called a stethoscope.

This doesn't sound like its for a drama production, it sounds like someone is trying to get out of class. Who would care about fooling a nurse unless they are trying to get out of class?

VeeBee
Rating
Asthmatic wheezing is due to a twisting or contraction of the bronchial smooth muscle in the lower respiratory tract, air flow and turbulence. Not fluid in the lungs as suggested previously to you. How about you go seek counseling, you will have to fake nothing.

tentoes
Asthma is very serious, and should not be joked around with. The wheezing sound is fluid in your lungs... so unless you can find a way to fill your lungs with fluid (and not die), then knock yourself out.

Song1964
Rating
I have been a Registered Respiratory Therapist for over 17 years. I have never been fooled by someone faking wheezing. See the thing is this...you might be able to breath like an asthmatic for a little while, but after a while, they will start to notice that you only wheeze when they come into the room. A person can not fake lower airway wheezing. It is not possible.

One of the biggest myths surrounding asthma is that it is not a serious illness to have. People's airways may be more reactive than other people's airways, but whenever we are speaking of an illness that has to do with breathing, it is a serious illness. The American Lung Association says, "When you cannot breathe, nothing else matters...". Anyone who has ever had to fight for their next breath knows that this is very true. Asthma, no matter how "mild", should be taken seriously.

So to use asthma to get out of school or whatever... I find this to be in bad taste.

Try and fake a different illness like maybe gangrene or something.

Lottie W
Rating
Why would you do such a thing?
They might take you to the ER and give you breathing treatments which could make you very sick, if you didn't need them.
You want people to respect you, believe you and care about YOU, then don't be a liar, fake or drama queen.

Akhilesh Patel
Hi medicine undergraduate here

do following
1 try to push or press your chest as much as you can with both the hands.
2. Breathe very shallow with no air (just like open mouth but no breathe)
3 red face with sweat over (use chilly not powdered for this purpose.)

this is enough to fool a registered nurse.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy