Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

After i run a mile i feel like puking, why?
Well after i run a mile i feel like puking but i dont and sometimes when i cough after i run i taste blood, my teacher said that the puking part was normal, but im not sure about the blood part. an ...

Does anyone have any information about crohns disease?
i know someone with this condition and they have been told of a blockage what could this be does anyone ...

I need to know about sleep apnea?
does sleep apnea cause strokes or heartattacks in time if not taken care of??...

Unknow chest pain~~?
oneday,a strange pain in my chest occurs,i begain to suffer it since then.i have went to the hospitai and checked by x,but nothing had been found.i suffered severe pain in my chest,help me,why it is....

I am an 18 years old teenager with very small breasts.?
This is not hereditary because my mother's side of the family has normal sized breasts or large breasts. Is there anything I can do to increase my breast size?...

What some causes of panic attacks OTHER THAN worrying?

Blocked and runny nose at the same time?
I have this problem with my nose.. its like blocked at the left side of the nose and runny at the right side, anybody can tell me what is wrong with my nose and whether there are any solutions to ...

My boyfriend is very sick, any ideas of what this might be?
He became very ill last night, his chest hurting especially when he talked along with his throat and head and coughing up brownish phlegm. Today he only worsened, his fever reaching a high of 103.4 ...

Is it safe for a six month old to use albuterol.does it mean he has asthma?

Cough and tight chest?
I have a persistent dry cough, my chest feels as though there is mucus in it but I cant release it. my chest feels tight and when I take a deep breath it feels as though more air could go in but my ...

Will pneumothorax recur even after thorascopic surgery?
Initial surgery occurred in 1996....

SMOKE? is it just smoke or something else?
some say smoking can release tension
and some say smoking looks really cool
but...i don't think so
how about you ??...

Other than asthma, what would cause a child to develop a chronic cough every three to four months?
For the past six years a now 13 year old male child has developed a loud, hacking cough every three to four months. The cough persists for as long as a month. Prescription and over the counter ...

What causes constant coughing?
my mother has been coughing for the past few months and even though she has been taking medication all it does is bring out phlegm. it gets worse at night when she tries to sleep and lies down, thats ...

How quickly can bronchitis be spread to another person?
I came into work this morning (something I really didn't want to have to do) and my boss is now complaining that she is feeling unwell, she's also pregnant. Could she have caught ...

Can I follow cough syrup with water or juice to get rid of the taste? Will it reduce the effectiveness?

What does smoking feel like?
No I'm not going to smoke I've already ...

Does anti-depresant medication have side effects?
I am not talking about feeling dizzy or faint. but about serious matters that affect the body on the long ...

It feel as if my lungs are filled with some sort of liquid.......?
Well I can't drink or eat because its a bit harder to breathe and it feels like something is in my lungs and whenever I cough, I feel shaky and such. I have already used my inhaler twice and it ...

My Mom fell and bruised her ribs a week ago. She had xrays done no broken ribs. She has to take deep breaths?
Could she have pleuracy?...

alittlesick
How long does phenomia take to get rid of? And is it contagious?

G. M.
Rating
Pneumonia

Cause

Viruses, bacteria, or (in rare cases) parasites or other organisms cause pneumonia.

In most cases, the specific organism (such as bacteria or virus) cannot be identified even with testing.1 When an organism is identified, it is usually the bacteria Streptococcus pneumoniae.2
Other bacteria that may cause pneumonia include Haemophilus influenzae, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Chlamydia pneumoniae, Legionella pneumophila (the bacteria that cause Legionnaires' disease), Staphylococcus aureus, Moraxella catarrhalis, Streptococcus pyogenes, Neisseria meningitidis, or Klebsiella pneumoniae. Pneumonia caused by Mycoplasma pneumoniae is sometimes mild and called walking pneumonia.
Viruses, such as influenza A (the flu virus) and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) can cause pneumonia.

Check out the link

allsagoodnight
it takes awhile to get rid of and no its not contagious.

purple
Pneumonia is an inflammation of the lung caused by infection with bacteria, viruses, and other organisms. Pneumonia is usually triggered when a patient's defense system is weakened, most often by a simple viral upper respiratory tract infection or a case of influenza. Such infections or other triggers do not cause pneumonia directly but they alter the mucous blanket, thus encouraging bacterial growth. Other factors can also make specific people susceptible to bacterial growth and pneumonia. At any given time, the noses and throats of up to 70 percent of healthy people contain pneumococcus. Children, generally, harbor more of the bacteria than adults. Pneumococcus is spread through breathing the bacteria into the lungs, bypassing normal immune system defenses. Researchers don’t know what causes it to suddenly invade the lungs and the bloodstream to cause disease.

The symptoms of pneumococcal pneumonia usually go away within 12 to 36 hours after you start taking medicine.

Ed A
Rating
Pneumonia. Depends on what causes it. Pneumonia means "inflammation of the lungs". Lots of things can cause the inflammation. Some of them take a really long time to get rid of (like TB), some only a few days (like mycoplasma, or some viruses), some can kill you. Some are highly contagious, some are not.

Pookie's mom
Pneumonia is caused by an infectious pathogen. Can take a long time to cure it (from a week to a month). Depending on the pathogen, it can be contagious (ex; turberculosis). You should also be concerned your risk of secondary infections from others due to compromised immunity on your part.

Goodm luck

Leveler
No not contagious but consult dr for treaments

mustang girl
Rating
usually when having phenomia you have to get antibotics, and it will most likely go away around 2 weeks.

~*ღKileaღ*~
Rating
Pneumonia is not a specific disease. It is a general term for several kinds of inflammation of the lungs. Pneumonia is usually caused by a bacterial or viral infection, but it can also be caused by chemical damage to the lungs from inhaling a poisonous gas such as chlorine. A healthy young person should recover completely within two or three weeks. Even in mild cases of viral pneumonia, the chances od serious complications are minimal, since antibiotics can prevent secondary bacterial infection. You may still feel very tired for a long time after the infection is gone. No it is not contagious.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, April 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy