Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I've drank strait vodka almost every day for the past 3 years. I just found out I have acute pancreatic. ?
I've still drank. How serious is this?...

What is the best way to cure a permanant sinus infection..?
And please dont tell me to use antibiotics, which dont work, or to rinse it with saline, which also doesnt work....

I cough all the time , I have allergies I take over the counter med. I also keep a stuffy nose .?
What is wroung with me?...

Could a cold really last for months?
Hi all! I have been having horrible cold like symptoms for months and months now. The past 6 weeks they have gotten even worse. I believe they are now the worse they've ever been. I stopped ...

Asthma related deaths?
what are some of them?...

What is the best thing to take for bronchitis and/or asthma?
other than antibiotics....

Can somene get mono more than once?
after i had mono iv been getting sick, no fever, no sneezing or coughing just tired, dizzy weak baiscially feels liek i have a really bad cold. its on and off for a couple weeks i will feel great and ...

Zithromax antibiotic?
Hello all,

My son is 3 and half years old now. He has 6-7 times of throat infection this years. The doctor always gives the zithromax for him to try to recover from the infection. Some ...

My 83 year old mother is terminal with MSRA and Sepsis in Hospice - is there still a chance for her to survive
She is strong willed and was so full of life - the nurses tell us that her body is starting to shut down - digestive tract right now she can't eat or drink water - is this it?...

Can severe acid reflux cause breathing difficulties after eating?
acid reflux, GERD, breathing difficulty, breathing difficulties after eating, eating, acid reflux and breathing, asthma-like symptoms only after eating, severe acid ...

Is it time to get rid of NICE the body that decides what treatments are available to NHS patients?
These people are making more and more ludicrous decisions based purely on short term cost. Not giving Aricep to people in the early stages of Alzeimers has no basis in fact the cost to the NHS of ...

Air flows into the lungs primarily becuase:?

Nicorette Patches?
Can you get Nicorette patches free? if so can you order them off the net??...

What remedies can you recommend to get rid of a chronic post nasal drip cough that i have with every head cold
some things i have tried: nasal saline rinse, slippery elm, cysteine (NAC), quercetin, bromelain, natural licorice root,
prescription sprays such as flonase, asthma inhalers such as
qvar ...

If someone you know has halitosis (very bad breath) how donyou tell them and how can they get rid of it?

I have a running nose, running like an open tap... I couldn't help it.?
Please advice!!...

Will expired albuterol harm a child?
My step daughter uses albuterol for asthma. her mother doesn't check the experation dates. Could this harm the child?...

Christmas sooo soon what do I do??
Okay, i have an upper respitorial viral infection. I cant cough mucus up and I cant stop coughing. My fever came down a little, but I want to be better by Monday { Xmas } Anyways the antibiotic they ...

What is the method to stop continuous hiccups?
My wife very frequently wii have hiccups after dinner or lunch even after following several methods ,drinking water ,holding breath for few seconds are not effective. So what is the best method for ...

How do i know if i need antibiotics?
how do i know if its an infection or just a cold?

i've been consistenly sick for almost a week and a half. i have a bad cough. and i cough more when i'm tired. and it sounds like ...

ladysunshineau
How long does it take for sinus infection to go away?
any tips on alleviating the symptoms

andreastradley
Rating
If you were diagnosed with a sinus infection by a Dr they might have given you some antibiotics....a 7 day pack will clear the infection but the symptoms may hang out for 3 weeks or more. If you have pressure in your head try Sudafed in the morning (it will keep you awake if you take it at night). If you have post nasal drip try Mucinex which really works pretty good considering nothing takes away a drip. Drink plenty of water and ask the pharmacist for some saline nose drops (instead of sniffing salt water). Hang in there.

Countessa
Rating
I suffer from sinus all the time. But I find if I eat dairy product it get worse so I keep of milk, cheese even chocolate. My attack usually last 24 hours i just use aspirins

fit_tech04
it all depends on what kinda meds u may be on that and how bad it is try to use a vapors good luk

Ben Quick
Sorry I didnt see this question earlier damnsome people are dumb right. Ok they tend to last about two weeks untreated some times symptoms can last a month . If you want to you can go to the Dr. and get some antibiotics then it would be gone in like a week. But a Dr. once told me about this stuff you can buy at walmart or what ever you got near buy. Its called Tryamyason not to sure about the spelling but it will be next to the asprin and junk but it will be the only box that is BLACK AND YELLOW. Its the only over the counter antibiotic that works on sinus infections. The green and yellow snot will be gone in a week tops but keep takin it for a few days after. Ummm get well sooon

triplem
Well it depends on what kind of a sinus infection you have fungal,viral,bacterial? I have had a sinus infection for about two months I went to the doctor and he said it was bacterial because my bowels were green and my tongue would be green when I would wake up in the mornings. The anti-biotics are starting to work but if its not diagnosed properly it could take a long time. Stay away from air conditioning if possible that always makes your head worse. My infection affects my eyes the pressure around my nose makes lights appear very bright. Hope I helped

Michelle fom Illinois

SweetPea
Duration of sinus infection: "Most acute sinus infections respond to treatment or improve on their own within three weeks. Infections that last longer than three weeks are considered chronic sinusitis." (copied from the below link):

http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WS/9339/31675.html#duration

Sometimes you might need antibiotics, but try your best not to use them unless you really need to, or if your doctor tells you to use them. The doctor knows best. Then again, you don't want to overdo antibiotics by taking them every single time you have a sinus infection.

The best thing to do is (as gross and unpleasant as it may sound) is to mix 1/8 teaspoon of salt with one cup of water.

MAKE SURE IT IS THOROUGHLY MIXED AND DISSOLVED. YOU DON'T WANT TO GET THE ENTIRE 1/8 teaspoon in one glob!

Then you sniff it into your nostrils.

DO NOT USE MORE SALT THAN 1/8 TEASPOON! TRUST ME ON THIS! The more is NOT the merrier in this case! It will burn like someone shoved a lit cigarette up your nose! If you just use the 1/8 teaspoon, you'll be fine.

There are different ways to get it in your nose too, so check out the below website and decide which is right for you:

http://www.rebron.org/2005/10/13/cold-remedy-salt-water-up-your-nose/

It may make you feel like you are choking, but if you really try hard and think pleasant thoughts, you can do it without choking or spitting it up.

If you have these infections a lot, there is an operation you can get which may help, but I'm still confused as to which operation it is. I saw an ad on TV and I would like to get it done myself, but there are different types of sinus surgery I guess, so I don't know which one.

If anyone does know of this "newest" type of sinus surgery, I'd appreciate knowing too because I'll be standing at my doctors door. Of course, I could just call my doctor and ask, but do you know how easy that is, to get through?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy